VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I purchased my first DVD burner this weekend and I have did nothing but loose DVD-R's. Here's what I have; 1.8GHz Athlon XP, 512MB DDR memory, 80BG HDD free for only doing this, a seperate CD-R/RW drive as a secondary with the HDD with DMA, the Pioneer A105 with DMA on with Firmware v110C.

I saw someone say that you shouldn't have DMA set for the A105... any thoughts on this? I've been trying to use dvdXcopy v1.21 and it pulls my (privately owned) movie, then prompts for blank media and it then burns to 100% and fails. I have tried 2 different media including a Memorex DVD-r 1x and a Maxell DVD-R 2x, both failed at the same place. I've tried different DVD's I own and they all fail. I'm trying DVD2DVDR right now, but it's a slow process. Once it get's ripped, I plan to use the latest version of Nero to try and burn it as a DVD-RAM(UDF v102) and see if it works... if not, then I'll try it in Nero as a DVD-Video.

Any thoughts would help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    first one ive heard about with Firmware v110C.
    Quote Quote  
  3. mickeymouse,

where did u get your drive from?

thx
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Firmware 1.10 is the one who great assemblers like Dell, Packard Bell, Sony... when you buy a AO5 in shop you have firmware 1.0

I advice you to use NOT Nero which create a lot problems with DVD-R but InstantCD/DVD 6.5
    Quote Quote  
  5. H Mickey,

There is a good guide on this site called "Cretins Guide" under HOW TOVD RIP.

Ignore most of the steps since you are using DVD2DVDR, just follow steps 35 to 40. You may want to purchase a DVD-RW, to test out the burning process to ensure it worked properly.
    Quote Quote