VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Just recently i found that a ton of my DVD-R's (TDK) are no longer readable by the DVD burner! All I get is some funny noises from the drive and a flashing yellow light. Plus now I see that if I burn a CD-RW on my other PC (Lite-On 32x Burner) Its un-readable on the Pioneer too. Plus I tried to burn a few CD-RW's on the Pioneer and get bad sector errors from the burner program. PrimoDVD 2.0. Anyone else have this problem and what can I do other than send it back to Pioneer for repair. I still have 3 months before the warrenty runs out .

Oh and I am runningWindows XP Pro.

Thanks for any help!

Moondog
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    get it repaired
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes mine first stopped writing on cheap CD-Rs, then reading CD_RWs burned on other computers, then all reading and writing all CD-RWs, then finally it started failing on every CD-R write. It fails on the finishing segment. It still works with DVDs and DVD-Rs. Luckily it is a different mechanism than the CD side. It is now a write-off for everything else but DVDs or reading standard cds. Not sure what to do next. Have reverted to my old scsi yamaha for cd burns.
    Quote Quote