VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. If I want to put my CVD to DVDR, will the newly authored DVDR recognize the selectable subtitles and the timed entrypoints?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am new to this forum. I have done many DVD-VCD in the past using the method provided here. I was able to create these types of discs every time until recently. I tried to convert some .mpg files to DVD-VCD again but this time I came across some error "invalid pointer". usually I just de-mu the audio file to wave (V-dub) and multiplex it (TMPGEnc Plus) back to mpg. Then I will use TMPGEnc DVD Author to design the layout and burn the disc. These couple of files did not work even with this method. I read in some message board that some guy tried to get around this problem by setting AVI2(OpenDML) File Reader in TMPGEnc to lower priority to lower and got rid of the error (Environment Setting -> VFAPI plug in). However, this time it did something bad for me. Once I tried this trick, everything work. I authored a new DVD-VCD and played fine in my PC. But when I play it on my DVD player, the movies had no audio. I put in a file that I converted earlier into the some DVD-VCD. That movie has sound when I play it from the same DVD-VCD. I think I have messed up some setting along the way but I can't figure out what has caused this. My guess is that I made a mistake during the de-multiplexing and multiplexing. Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong? It use to work perfectly, I swear!

I mainly used the following programs:

ISOBUSTER, TMPGEnc plus 2.5, Virutal Dub, TMPGEnc DVD Author.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I' using for months now DVD-LAb to do DVDs from SVCDs without conversion. It works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry ,you can use DVD-LAB PRO to import the CVD or any DVD with episodes and then you can make any menu you like
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you read my last post, very sorry. I have figured out what I did wrong. So I figure I share it with you. Make it short, when watching a DVD-VCD with bilingual tracks, make sure the surround sound is turned off on your DVD player.

By the way, a lot of you use other programs to make DVD-VCD and had trouble. I have 100% sucessful rate just using the recommended programs: TMPGEnc, TMPGEnc DVD Author, V-Dub, and Isobuster. Everything is free except DVD Author, which is not that expensive. If this setup works, why bother with other software? Unless you like headache. :P
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nocarebear
    If I want to put my CVD to DVDR, will the newly authored DVDR recognize the selectable subtitles and the timed entrypoints?
    Nope.
    Quote Quote  
  7. SVCD to DVD
    https://www.videohelp.com/svcddvdr
    This guide really work great, i have 0% problem.

I output the final stage as Image and burn with nero.

as for VCD, i look at doom9.org http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/svcd2dvdr.htm

its similar to this one, so I didn't really follow that guide, to make VCD on DVD, you do the same step as this SVCD to DVD guide with the following change.

Change for VCD:

1. When you do Simple Multiplex in TMPGenc (Step) you choose MPEG-1 System (VBR) instead of MPEG-2 Program(VBR)

2. Skip the DVD Patcher Step.

And the rest is the same as SVCD to DVD guide.

I never burn straight from Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3, I always output as Image and test on my pc first. When i'm happy with it, I burn it with Nero.

This guide really rock...
    Quote Quote  
  8. it is possible to burn vcd on a dvd-r disc and i have done it successfully using tmpgenc dvd author 1.6.but i found out that the discs will show the menu on any dvd player but it only seems to play succesfully on dvd players that support vcd playback.it could only show the menu chapters on my playstation for instance
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't know why anyone would want to have CP on their home made CDs or DVDs but we'll do it for you, but it isn't free and you have to supply us with a IP CopyRight notice that you own or are licenced to use the IP we are going to add CP to.

We've helped a lot of independant artists such as http://bbb.audiolockbox.com

As for you or anyone copy protecting your own CDs you can find and download freeware apps on google, DVDs I don't know of any way w/o using sometype of software nor do I see any reason to do that...it's rather pointless how much money are you gping to lose??? Prob nothing!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by superunknown
    it is possible to burn vcd on a dvd-r disc and i have done it successfully using tmpgenc dvd author 1.6.but i found out that the discs will show the menu on any dvd player but it only seems to play succesfully on dvd players that support vcd playback.it could only show the menu chapters on my playstation for instance
    That's correct ... and ummm .... logical I would have thought. The DVD Player must be able to play VCD spec files for this method to work. It's the same with putting SVCDs to DVD using this method.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. can we get a guide on how to convert AVI to DVD-SVCD?

ALL the guides currently tell you how to convert SVCD/VCD to DVD-SVCD but not from AVI to DVD-SVCD.

I will also start another post about this, as i am sure many others have the same question.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Do a two-stage process - convert AVI to SVCD, then convert SVCD to DVD-SVCD ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. heck no, that would take WAY too long.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi,

I follow your guide to read my Karoake VCD into TMPenc DVD author tool. Some of track on the VCD are in NTSC format, Some in PAL format. TMPenc tool complains and prompted me to create two separate titles (tracks) of DVD. When I tried to output , it doesn't allow to do it. Is there any simple way to get around this? Do I have to convert NTSC format to PAL or vice versa? If yes, How?

Thank you,
    Jean
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aurora MPEG To DVD Burner
    http://www.mediatox.com/aurora-mpeg-to-dvd.htm

Aurora MPEG To DVD Burner can burn AVI, MPEG files to a DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW disc, so that you can play your movies on DVD player. It is a revolutionary and versatile DVD creator. With this software, you can create a real DVD, not only a MPEG file on your hard disk. With the collaboratively use of Aurora Media Workshop you can convert, join, split any format video files to mpeg and burn to Rewritable DVD disc.

Burn your Mpeg files to DVD using rewritable DVD writers.
    Support DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW disc.
    Built-in DVD structure creator.
    Create menu for DVD movie, and can select various layout, background, text effect.
    Video DVD Disc Auto-burner.
    Save DVD structure files to ISO image or temporary directory, which can be burned anytime.
    (New)support AVI as input, and automaticly convert and burn them to DVD disc.
    Video DVD Disc Auto-burner.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Easy solution: TMPGenc Express will convert mpg1 (or almost anything) to the mpg2 needed by a DVD. Then author as usual. (I use TMPGenc DVD Author.)

Two steps (total). Complete control over all aspects of the process (or use the presets; they usually work fine).
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin
    Easy solution: TMPGenc Express will convert mpg1 (or almost anything) to the mpg2 needed by a DVD. Then author as usual. (I use TMPGenc DVD Author.)

Two steps (total). Complete control over all aspects of the process (or use the presets; they usually work fine).

If so , how is the output quality of the DVD and how many VCD/SVCD can be put on a DVD disc with your method ?

Does it take very long to convert VCD/SVCD to DVD ?

Do I have to manually combine all the VCD/SVCD first before I convert them ?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quality of the TMPGenc Express conversion depends on the bitrate you specify. The smaller the file, the more mpgs you may have on the DVD. You don't combine mpgs; you leave them separate and use TMPGenc DVD Author to "gather" them together as separate tracks so they appear as separate movies on the DVD (a button for each one). As for the conversion, it's about real-time on a reasonably fast PC (2GHz). The "Express" program will convert and the "DVD Author" program will create (and, optionally, burn) the DVD.

"Express" has many presets but you are free to deviate from the presets if that's what you need (like having more movies on a DVD).

Alternatively, you may simply use the presets, then author the DVD. If the size of the DVD would be too large, DVD Author will tell you but it will permit you to force the completion of the VIDEO_TS folder. Then you can use DVDShrink to make it fit the DVD-5 disc. This latter method is good if you just can't calculate everything perfectly and end up with a disc that's just a bit too large (or if you'd rather just convert and author and deal with any size issue at the end (with DVDShrink).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very informative thread comes up now and then!
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Video Vampire
    If you read my last post, very sorry. I have figured out what I did wrong. So I figure I share it with you. Make it short, when watching a DVD-VCD with bilingual tracks, make sure the surround sound is turned off on your DVD player.

By the way, a lot of you use other programs to make DVD-VCD and had trouble. I have 100% sucessful rate just using the recommended programs: TMPGEnc, TMPGEnc DVD Author, V-Dub, and Isobuster. Everything is free except DVD Author, which is not that expensive. If this setup works, why bother with other software? Unless you like headache. :P
    Lucky dude.

I just tried TMPG DVD Author to create DVD-VCD and it plays fine on my pc but not on my standalone dvd player.

My dvd players are Apex Ad-700 , Philips pdv642 and Koss 3122.

TMPG DVD Author used is version 1.6
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How convert the flv file to vcd or svcd format? And Can I burn VCD or SVCD on DVD±R/W? please who can help me with this question?
    Quote Quote