VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racerx10
    The Audio was set to mpeg in Moviefactory.
    Mpeg is non-compliant for DVD audio. Works in some players and not in others.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  2. So if I get this right;
    1. wE CAN NOT BURN A VCD on a DVD in VCD format.
    2. One can not burn multiple vcds on a DVD either.
    The only possible option is to convert it to DVD format.
    Then the questions are
    1. Is it possible to burn dat files in dat format on a dvd( to play on a computer with dvd rom)
    2. Can one burn more than one vcd on a dvd, after converitng each vcd to dvd format of course?
    Can someone clarify please

Originally Posted by Baldrick
    No, you can NOT burn as VCD or SVCD on DVD±R/W. You must author and burn the VCD/SVCD as a DVD-Video or it wont work on a standalone DVD Player.

How to put VCD(s) on a DVD with no reconverting of the video
    Moviefactory VCD to DVD guide (Read this first for some basic DVD-VCD information)
    or
    VCD2DVDMPG guide
    or
    even more VCD to DVD guides

How to put SVCD(s) on a DVD with no reconverting of the video
    Moviefactory SVCD to DVD guide (Read this first for some basic DVD-SVCD information)
    or
    SVCD2DVDMPG guide
    or
    even more SVCD to DVD guides
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1. Is it possible to burn dat files in dat format on a dvd( to play on a computer with dvd rom)
    One of the uses of dvd recordables is to store data. So if you burn it as a data disk, it can be played on the computer only.
    2. Can one burn more than one vcd on a dvd, after converitng each vcd to dvd format of course?
    It can hold about 450 minutes of VCD. I put 10 VCD on a DVD with menu and chapter. use a SVCD2DVDMPG+ guide.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok, since you change the resolution to 352x480, does this mean that the quality will look worse than a 480x480svcd? another thing is:

WHAT looks better??

a 352x480 SVCD to burn to a dvdr?
    or a 1:1 copy of a dvd movie? (1 movie, one dvdr)
    Quote Quote  
  5. When you say "It can hold about 450 minutes of VCD. I put 10 VCD on a DVD with menu and chapter. use a SVCD2DVDMPG+ guide."
    do you mean that you are burning multiple vcds on a DVD?
    Most of replies above seem to indicate that this can NOT be done.
    please clarify
    Quote Quote  
  6. yes. I put 10 of 40min VCD on one DVD. check out this forum:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37

I use 2 tools:
    - SVCD2DVDMPG (www.svcd2dvd.com) to make the VCD compliant (convert audio from 44.1 to 48khz). This is done so that MovieFactory won't re-encode the video.
    - Ulead MovieFactory 2 (trial) to author the DVD (or other authoring s/w such as TMPGEnc DVD Author)

Look in the section "Getting started" on svcd2dvd.com. Should have everything you need.
    Quote Quote  
  7. FALSE :

Normal standar VCD , ISOBUSTER .....> files MPEG
    now ULEAD DVD MOVIE FACTORY 2 , select "NO CONVERT MPEG" , and Mpeg audio (customize)....but ALWAYS MF2 ignore the option "no covert mpeg..." and begin to convert also the video, with hours and days for nothing!!!

So this is not possible and is time to clean the guide what say is possible !

VCD on DVD with isobuster & MF2 CAN NOT WORK !

You must separte video &audio of every single MPEG1 file , reconvert the audio to 48 K and put again tog. only later you can ABLE to work with MF2 , and NOT recompile the video...

Big work but sue more fast of MF2 recompile!!!

Absolutely right: same here, it does NOT ignore the video if it is compliant! It starts to convert video, which takes ages.
    Only way is to demultiplex , convert audio t 48 and the multiplex again.

So please correct in the guide!

greetings
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    i think will remove my OOOLD guide, better to use tmpgenc dvd author.

Removed. Added a link to lordsmurfs tmpgenc dvd author guide.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I';ve got AVI files I downloaded off the net. I use TMPGENC to convert them to VCD complient MPeg files. I import them into DVD Movie Factory 2, per the guide on this site. I put 7 hours worth of Mpg's onto the disk and burn it. It works fine in my two different PC DVD drives. On my Set Top DVD, the menus come up, and the video plays, but I get no audio at all. Any thoughts?

same here, but instead, when the menu comes up, i select play, and i hear the audio, but its stuck at the menu....any ideas to solve this? thx
    Quote Quote  
  10. I would like to know where to get a copy or an original of the SONY JACKET PICTURES DVP-CX850D DVD...I trtied all over the net and diferent srtores without success, if anyone has any clue or can let me a copy of the DVD please drop me a line to bouzout@montevideo.com.uy

thanks
    Carlos
    Quote Quote  
  11. Has anybody tried using TMPGEnc DVD Author?

I have sucsessfully made a DVD out of two VCD's
    Dom
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have just successfully used Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3 to create a DVD consisting of approx 7 hours of PAL MPEG1 files with menus and sub-menus, without any sync problems.

Source: Sky+ via s-video to Vidac VMagic hardware MPEG1/2 encoder.

Each file is trimmed with TMPGenc MPEG Tools to remove excess at beginning and end of files.

Load all files into Ulead DVD Workshop and create menus. Check "Do not convert compliant files" box and run. The audio is converted in the program and the DVD created in 20 - 30 mins or so to .ISO file.
    Mount .ISO file in Daemon tools for testing, then burn to disc either with Nero 6 or Ulead DVD Workshop itself.

I only got sync problems when using external programs to re-encode the audio! No probs if left to Ulead.
    Graham gab2001uk.com

Moderator, Visual Basic Explorer Forums:
    Visual Basic Explorer
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi All,

If you have read all topics on how to create VCD's on a DVD and have not understand why it has to be so complicated, then follow my guide
    below, Works every time.

1. Make sure you have all your movies in VCD format, you can check this with the avicodec app, if they are not VCD, then convert them using TMPGEnc, (Conversion takes approx. the time of the movie)

2. Add the files to TmpGEnc DVD Author program, ignore the GOP errors , create your menues and let the app ceate the DVD Folders on your harddisk

3. Use the TMPGEnc DVD Author program to burn the DVD Folders on your harddisk to your DVD Disc.

Note: The TMPGEnc DVD Author autm. convert sound to 48Khz

Enjoy
    SD
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So i´m very sad now, I had the intention to Buy a New DVD recorder to keep up with my job( I copy my VHS tapes to VCD format). So I put 95min on a CDR media(90 min). I thought that I could use a DVD-r media and just use it´s extra storage capability to put more Mpeg 1 compliant files. I use TMPGenc and Ulead DVD movie factory, and At the end of the process it shows me how much space I need at the hd and at the Media to be recorded. The fact of having to convert it to DVD compliant files, disgusts me, because I don´t need It, my source is VHS and I won´t have ANY enhancement doing that. I will just be spending more money(DVD-r is more expensive than CDR).

The funny thing is that the oposit functions , I enconded a MPGE2 DVD compliant file and burnd it to a CDR(mini DVD), it was recognized in My DVD player and played well...

So let me make understood, it´s IMPOSSIBLE to record VCD on a DVD-r media because it CAN´T handle the kind of recording a VCD demands, thats is correct???

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  15. My player will only play SVCD with the header trick.

Is there a process for moving these header trick svcd to DVDR?

If my player will not play SVCD without the header trick, what are the chances my player will play SVCD that have been converted to DVDR? Slim I would gues but worth asking.

Player: Sony DVP-NS300
    Quote Quote  
  16. hi anyone got an answer for this

ive converted my audio to 48000khz and demultiplexed and multiplexed my files

and when i put them through ulead moviefactory im missing a quarter of the right screen? :/ im only getting 3/4 of the view horizontally :/

do you think maybe i need to make it 16:9 instead of 4:3? hmmm ill try
    haha think i answered it myself we'll see

EDIT: Yeah that fixed it i told DVD Patcher to convert the entire vob files to 16:9 and i can see everything again.... which is weird anyways
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    To all those who are confused re: VCDs on DVDs -

Originally Posted by What is DVDR (top left)
    PAL Video:
    Up to 9.8 Mbit/sec MPEG2 or up to 1.856 MBit/sec MPEG1 video
    720 x 576 pixels MPEG2
    704 x 576 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Same as the CVD Standard)
    352 x 288 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 288 pixels MPEG1 (Same as the VCD Standard)
    25 fps (frames/second)

Audio:
    48000 Hz
    32 - 1536 kbit/sec
    Up to 8 audio tracks containing Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM(uncompressed audio), MPEG-1 Layer2. One audio track must have MPEG-1, DD or PCM Audio.

Extras:
    Menus, still pictures, subtitles and more.

NTSC (NTSC Film) Video:
    720 x 480 pixels MPEG2
    704 x 480 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 480 pixels MPEG2 (Same as the CVD Standard)
    352 x 240 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 240 pixels MPEG1 (Same as the VCD Standard)
    29,97 fps (frames/second)
    23,976 fps with 3:2 pulldown = 29,97 playback fps (NTSC Film, this is only supported by MPEG2 video)

Audio:
    48000 Hz
    32 - 1536 kbit/sec
    Up to 8 audio tracks containing DD (Dolby Digital/AC3), DTS, PCM(uncompressed audio), MPEG-1 Layer2. One audio track must have DD or PCM Audio.

Extras:
    As has been mentioned:
    It is impossible to recreate the VCD structure on a DVDR. That is, you cannot create a disc that has the 6 or so folders like a VCD and has a file AVSEQ01.DAT in the MPEGAV folder, etc. This will not be recognised by most players ! You must create the DVD structure - A VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS folder, as well as IFO, BUP and VOB files.

A standard VCD is:
    Video MPEG-1 352x288 1150kbps
    Audio MPEG-1 Layer 2 441000Hz 224kbps

As stated in the quote above, we can use 352x288 MPEG-1 at any bitrate up to 1850kbps on a dvd as it is dvd compliant. We need to change the audio from 44100Hz to 48000Hz. Then we need to author the DVD using something like TMPGEnc DVD Author to create our IFO, BUP and VOB files.

My method is as follows:

1. Convert DAT to MPEG using VCDGear.
    2. Strip video from MPEG to M1V using TMPGEnc Free (You will need to set to ES Video)
    3. Strip audio from MPEG to WAV using VirtualDub.
    4. Convert WAV to MP2 48000Hz using HeadAC3He.
    5. Author using TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Step 1 simply converts the file back into an MPEG file. Step 2 puts the video in a file by itself (no audio). Step 3 puts the audio in a file by itself (no video). You could use TMPGEnc Free to re-encode the audio and video at the same time but I have heard bad things regarding its capacities in terms of audio conversion so I stay clear of it. Step 5 creates IFO, BUP and VOB files. I think this is the point where everyone is getting confused. No matter what, DVD Video must contain IFO, BUP and VOB files. Basically we just let TMPGEnc DVD Author create those for us using our MPEG file.

Its not that hard people !
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yeah that's all great and everything, but how about if I want to reencode the svcd because I want it the disc to be more compliant?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    More compliant ?

It is compliant. period. Unless you are going to sell them to your mates.

Anyway, do this:

2. Convert video from MPEG to M1V using TMPGEnc Free (You will need to set to ES Video) and change any settings you like to make it more compliant.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. It isn't compliant though, it does not play in my JVC dvdplayer, and I want it to be able to play in more than 90% of dvd players as most dvdrs do, but svcds don't.. If I encode it as a mpeg1 all I am doing is converting to a vcd and then making a vcd-dvdr. What I want to do is create a dvd compliant stream. I was using http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html, to help me out, but it doesn't mention if your source is a svcd or vcd. So im a bit puzzled, if the best way is to encode as a mpeg1, I mean what kind of fps do I need. My buddy was telling me if I was going to encode for DVD that I need to drop a frame, because for example one of my sources is a svcd at 25fps. I think I am confusing myself more then anthing, I have encoded many different versions, and I was just going to start burning them and see which one works best. If anyone could help me out and save me coasters I would be more than greatful. Gracias.

Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    More compliant ?

It is compliant. period. Unless you are going to sell them to your mates.

Anyway, do this:

2. Convert video from MPEG to M1V using TMPGEnc Free (You will need to set to ES Video) and change any settings you like to make it more compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Roy

Sounds to me your mpeg is missing some bits. Even when you can play it fine there might be trouble when converting cause your mpeg isn't complete.
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by What is DVDR (top left)
    PAL

Video:
    720 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Called Full-D1)
    704 x 576 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Called Half-D1, same as the CVD Standard)
    352 x 288 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 288 pixels MPEG1 (Same as the VCD Standard)
    25 fps (frames/second)
    16:9 Anamorphic (only supported by 720x576)

Audio:
    48000 Hz
    32 - 1536 kbit/sec
    Up to 8 audio tracks containing Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM(uncompressed audio), MPEG-1 Layer2. One audio track must have MPEG-1, DD or PCM Audio.

Extras:

NTSC (NTSC Film)

Video:
    720 x 480 pixels MPEG2 (Called Full-D1)
    704 x 480 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 480 pixels MPEG2 (Called Half-D1, same as the CVD Standard)
    352 x 240 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 240 pixels MPEG1 (Same as the VCD Standard)
    29,97 fps (frames/second)
    23,976 fps with 3:2 pulldown = 29,97 playback fps (NTSC Film, this is only supported by MPEG2 video)
    16:9 Anamorphic (only supported by 720x480)

Audio:
    48000 Hz
    32 - 1536 kbit/sec
    Up to 8 audio tracks containing DD (Dolby Digital/AC3), DTS, PCM(uncompressed audio), MPEG-1 Layer2. One audio track must have DD or PCM Audio.

Extras:
    352 X 288 MPEG-1 IS DVD compliant.

You could try re-encoding to MPEG-2 if you like - it might give you better compatibility. I would stick to 352 X 288 if your source is VCD though because it will look crap resized IMO.

FPS is determined by whether your source is PAL or NTSC. It could be that your DVD player won't play PAL. It does happen.

To save coasters, purchase a RW. You'll thank me.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Ok I encoded the video to mpeg2, 352x288, interlace mode, 29fps, 4:3display, I changed the dc compression rate to 10bit, lower the number of p in picture in GOP to 4, and set max num of frames for gop 18. After doing this I tried to load my video into tmpg dvdauthor and it told me this video file is an illegal video file, that for dvdstandard i can only use mpeg-1 mpeg2... not sure why it is doing this.. I am now trying to encode the same video with 23.976fps, encode mode 3:2pulldown when playback, and lowered the dc compression rate back to 8bit. Let me know if anyone else knows my problem...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You are making it seem harder than it is - When you load your file into TMPGEnc Plus, use the NTSC DVD template. Only adjust the frame size and the bitrate, nothing else !
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Alright did that, just changed the framesize and bitrate, and it is still giving me the same error with tmpg dvdauthor, should I try dvdlab?
    Quote Quote  
  26. well this isn't working with tmpgauthor, everytime I try and output the program just closes... I don't get it..

Well i got my NTSC source to work, i encoded it at 720x480 whichever, but my pal source did not owkr with 720x576, when i try and load that stream into tmpgauthor it is an illegal stream... once again anohter problem, ne1 to fix this one?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Thanks for all the help, I was able to create DVD yesterday from 8 VCD's.
    But I have hit a problem.

2 of the 8 VCD's are reporting the wrong length in TMPGEnc DVD Author.
    1 is saying 35 seconds and the other is saying 4 minutes.

The files are ok when I play them in mediaplayer both sound and video.

What do I need to do before TMPGEnc DVD Author can read the correct lenth?

jippie
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by bl00dsh3d
    well this isn't working with tmpgauthor, everytime I try and output the program just closes... I don't get it..

Well i got my NTSC source to work, i encoded it at 720x480 whichever, but my pal source did not owkr with 720x576, when i try and load that stream into tmpgauthor it is an illegal stream... once again anohter problem, ne1 to fix this one?
    PEBCAK.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I can burn 4 VCD movie by using TMPGEnc DVD Author.

First you need to make sure your file is same, make sure all file is NTSC or PAL (no combining). Use AVIcodec to check your file.. If you want to change PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL i recommend you use MainConcept MPEG Encoder.

Now you ready to use TMPGEnc DVD Author. This software is so easy.. (if your video have DUAL (have 2 voice) make sure you pick "Bilingual" otherwise your dvd player will play 2 voice. It will reencode and might take up hours.. depend on your pc. After you finish you can burn!!..
    Quote Quote  
  30. I am also using TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR for this kind of stuff.

So far, i didn`t have any trouble at all. Always succeded in putting 5-6 vcd`s (cartoons) onto one DVD.

Simple copy AVSEQ.dat files onto your computer and select them as a source (files). DVD AUTHOR will complain but ignore it.

If you put them as one file, DVD AUTHOR will join them and you will end up with just one track. You don`t need to make menus, just select chapter points at the start of each movie.

If you enter them as separate files, YOU MUST MAKE MENUS.
    I always make menus (looks nicer, can select exactly what you want..)
    just put the little thumbnail picture inside the button.

Don`t do anything else, DVD AUTHOR will do all the necessary work.
    Simply burn it afterwards.

REMEMBER: There is always a workaround that WILL NOT WORK. Simple solutions are always the easisest one.
    Open your mind and maybe someone will tell you what`s inside.
    Quote Quote