VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. I put nearly all VCD/SVCD's I get on DVDR now, and 90% of the time I have no trouble. I just de-multiplex, re-encode the audio to 48hz using Tmpgenc, patch the video stream if its SVCD, then import to DVD Maestro and compile. The only problem I get for the other 10% is GOP errors in Maestro. The only reliable way I've found to get rid of these is to re-encode the whole thing, but most of the time I get no problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sparker - you tried (S)VCD2DVDMPG?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. No I haven't, but i'll give it a go. Will it solve my GOP problems?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unlikley but will automate your current steps so you don't have to sit in front of the PC!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just read your guide ChrissyBoy, looks a real nice little prog, I'll be trying it later. I've set up DVD Maestro like this before, to jump from cd1 to cd2. Is there any way of getting rid of that annoying little pause you get as they change over? DVD Menu studio looks nice too, where did you get that from?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Menu Studio @ http://www.mediachance.com/dvdmenu/

Is there any way of getting rid of that annoying little pause you get as they change over?
    Not really - only 1/4 a sec or so......
    Quote Quote  
  7. Just tried it out, and I'm getting a screen full of :

++ WARN: mpeg scan: pack header code (0x000001ba) expected, but 0xwhatever found (buflen = 2324)

on the first step. Is this normal?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sparker: Lets move this over to: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151286

are you using bins or mpgs as source?

reply on https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151286
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    daredevil wrote:
    is there a way to burn a dvd as a cd (write several tracks on a dvd, use mode 2, ISO9660/CDI, use pbc instead of ifo/vob )?
    AFAIK, No.

It might be possible to burn a DVD as multisession UDF/ISO (UDF is a Requirement for DVD) that has several "tracks", but I don't think there is such a thing as "MODE2" on a DVD, and that make the PBC stuff moot.

HTH,
    Scott

PS-even if you could burn a disc as above. NO players would be able to play it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. that's too bad, i'll stay with my mpeg iso files on my dvvd
    Quote Quote  
  11. PLEASE HELP !!

when I author a DVD with 352x240 video content (with Ulead MF2 or DVD Maestro), the video always end up at 352x480 (according to IFOedit) and it plays quite interlaced (and somehow looks like wrong field order stuff) on my TV.

Anyone has a clue why ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hey,

I tried to burn a lot of (tv episodes) vcd to dvd but i always end up with the same problem.. blocks (white and red) on the bottom lines of the movie. the blocks aren't in the source but they are on the dvd.

I tried most guides and made methodes of my own but no worked. and the funny thing is my audio is fine.

Yf
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have the same exact question.. but my Pioneer A05 is not here yet... i've had this question whether you can authorize VCD or SVCD with DVD-R media... my expience.. is i have a Apex DVD player.. and i play VCD/SVCD/MP3/DVD and lucky it plays mp3 in a directory tree format.. and if you just burn mpg file as regular archieve.. when u load the disc it will load as a tree archieve where you can play individual file.. and it will just play as mpg video.. unfortuntely it will play but can't fast forward or rewind.. but oo well i guess it saves alot of time converting and processing the audio and combining again...
    when i get my DVD-R hopefully i can put this theories to the test.. and hopefully help everyone else solving and finding easier method..
    MIC rule.. (Made in China)
    Quote Quote  
  14. i'm trying to make a dvd-iso play on my apex ad1500 which here it shows it plays a dvd-iso file, well i burned it with nero as a dvd-iso and all that happens after installing a dvd is it trys to read it then the word STOP comes up......worthless after that, aurthoring dvd is a slow process, i just want to burn a bunch of movies on dvd and watch, i also have a apex 703 which does the same "stop"
    Are there any special settings in nero for it to work?, Daredevil you made yours work
    Quote Quote  
  15. bought a mintek 1600 at target, plays s/vcd on dvd without aurthoring...YES!!!....authoring is a waste of time!! for downloaded movies
    Quote Quote  
  16. Just a small question on actually authoring VCD/SVCD-compliant files to a DVD-Video format disc - what programs will actually do this for me, aside from MovieFactory? I've had problems getting DVDMaestro to do anything and doesn't seem to want to burn to a DVD. I burn my flat data DVDs using Nero... How can I burn my MPEG-1 48Khz videos to DVD?

If this is too broad a question I apologise in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  17. A quick question:

(Theoretically) Could such XVCD be successfully put on a DVD using methods described in this sticky:

Video: MPEG-1 VBR (MIN: 800kbps, AVG: 1600kbps, MAX: 2500kbps)
    Resolution: 720×480 NTSC
    Audio: MP2 Stereo 192kbps, 48000 Hz

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Freelancer
    A quick question:

(Theoretically) Could such XVCD be successfully put on a DVD using methods described in this sticky:

Video: MPEG-1 VBR (MIN: 800kbps, AVG: 1600kbps, MAX: 2500kbps)
    Resolution: 720×480 NTSC
    Audio: MP2 Stereo 192kbps, 48000 Hz

Thanks!
    My DVD player will handle raw VCD,SVCD,XVCD,XSVCD and KVCD on DVD-R or +RW. I've tried authoring KVCD's onto a DVD using MF2, but it insists on re-encoding into a compliant VCD/SVCD and then you lose the benefit

Tom
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you can burn VCD and SVCD on DVD±R/W "drive" but not the media.

You can burn CD-R and CD-RW and a DVD±R/W "drive".
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    I have tried 348730948 different vcd (and svcd and even avi) to dvd methods and all have different problems...now I also got sync problems using moviefactory. I'm soon going back to vhs.

You could try let moviefactory reencode the audio for you(it will not reconvert the video). Add the vcd mpg(converted with vcdgear or isobuster from dat to mpg) and choose under project settings do no convert mpeg files and the click mpeg settings and choose customize and under compression select mpeg audio instead of lcpm. Now will moviefactory only reencode the audio. (the total size should be about the same as the vcd mpgs)
    FALSE :

Normal standar VCD , ISOBUSTER .....> files MPEG
    now ULEAD DVD MOVIE FACTORY 2 , select "NO CONVERT MPEG" , and Mpeg audio (customize)....but ALWAYS MF2 ignore the option "no covert mpeg..." and begin to convert also the video, with hours and days for nothing!!!

So this is not possible and is time to clean the guide what say is possible !

VCD on DVD with isobuster & MF2 CAN NOT WORK !

You must separte video &audio of every single MPEG1 file , reconvert the audio to 48 K and put again tog. only later you can ABLE to work with MF2 , and NOT recompile the video...

Big work but sue more fast of MF2 recompile!!!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On the DVD player compatibility list on this site, it says my DVD player is compatible with DVD-SVCDs and DVD-VCDs, which it explains to be SVCDs and VCDs burned to DVD-R in their respective formats. Then this forum says its not possible. Who do I believe? Surely someone has accomplished this before or it it would not have been listed under my players compatibility. Any help would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There is a difference between Structure and Content.
    You absolutely, positively NO WAY can ever have either VCD or SVCD/CVD disc/track structure on DVD media. (You could "fake" the file system, but what would be the point? You could just as easily rip the tracks to std. mpg and read on a DVD player in ISO mode.)

What the guide is saying is that you can take the contents of the VCD's, CVD's and SVCD's, and convert/hack/transcode/src/extract (choose your method as needed) and then import this into a DVD authoring app to finish the content using the DVD file and disc structure.

Hopefully, that brings the point home.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Scratch my previous post I just hadn't read up enough. Too much trouble anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This worked 4 me :-

Rip 2 mpeg with isobuster (if needed)
    Use TMPGEnc DVD Author, menus and everything
    Took TMPGEnc about 25mins to complie vobs' - job done!

Only problem I had was that my dvdplayer (arianet dvd-2277) would not see the disc if I used TMPGEnc DVD Author to burn the disc !
    Burnt same files with Nero 6 (dvd-video option) worked fine !?!

Hope this helps.

Any comments on the burning issue would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Cou can burn (s)vcd on dvdr with dvdlab, why haven't this been mentioned here
    Quote Quote  
  26. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Phoenix4
    Cou can burn (s)vcd on dvdr with dvdlab, why haven't this been mentioned here
    It has, https://www.videohelp.com/guides?tools=&madeby=&formatconversionselect=SVCD+to+DVD&ossel...&search=Search

DVd-lab is burning as dvd-video and not svcd/vcd.
    Quote Quote  
  27. ok this seems to be the right place for this, i have 4.4 gig of svcd files i wanna burn to dvd with dvdlab but when i add them it says its 4.71 gig and i was just wondering if anyone could help me work out how to get the right sizes as i dont know how much space it needs for padding and stuff, i am trying to do 2 svcd with ac3 sound to 1 dvd, any help would be great
    Quote Quote  
  28. I';ve got AVI files I downloaded off the net. I use TMPGENC to convert them to VCD complient MPeg files. I import them into DVD Movie Factory 2, per the guide on this site. I put 7 hours worth of Mpg's onto the disk and burn it. It works fine in my two different PC DVD drives. On my Set Top DVD, the menus come up, and the video plays, but I get no audio at all. Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  29. hmmm i have done mpg to dvd with that program and have had no problems, what audio are ya using? and have ya tried to make same dvd on diff programs? cos i use dvdlab now cos it can use ac3 sound with vcd's which is alot better, but with standard mpg it could be your player too that cant play them can ya try the dvd's on other players at all? cos i know a pc will play almost anything, so try playing it on other players first
    Quote Quote  
  30. The only other DVD player I have is my XBox, which plays it fine (both DVD+R and DVD+RW discs.) My set top DVD is a JVC XV-525, which won't play +RW discs at all. The Audio was set to mpeg in Moviefactory. I should be able to try it in other set top players later today.
    Quote Quote