VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    anyone, just answer, what card do u use? is it a capture/video combo card? how much did u pay for it? aus$ or us$
    thankyou
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the pinnacle dc10+. It is a pci capture card not a combo card. Cost was $99.99 US. It does a great job.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Where could i get this pinnacle card?... (i live in Canada)

And does anyone have the ATI TV WONDER (not VE) how does it capture?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    btw... could u please message me or email me as i will probably forget to check the forum

mmac@accesswave.ca
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    Get any TV card. Every has a Video-In and yuo have hands free from hardware MPEG1 codec. If you get DC10+ you don't be able to capture with HuffyYUV and later convert to MPEG2. TV card is about $50 so you will save your money.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I use PCTV rave -cheap (30 bucks) and good.

TheRookie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Mik. I'll mail this too I guess. I live in Canada and shopped around for the Pinnacle DC-10. Found it at an online store out west called Microserve http://www.techwarehouse.com/microserve/ (do a search for STUDIO DC10+) for pretty cheap (144$cdn - 164.78$ after taxes and shipping) and they got it out to me in 6 days. Paid by credit card and it was no hassle. The card's good. It does s-video and composite in/out. Software's not bad although I mostly just use it to capture and convert with other programs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm just curious: What is the resolution & framerate for the DC10 and the Happauge WinTV Card? I have an old Studio 400 box but it is only 160x120 with a framerate of 3fps. I used to get ~15 fps, but it just won't go that fast anymore. I can't decide between those two.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use a Dazzle USB DVC 1 encoder. It costs alot more, but I had a Hauppage WinTV, and in order to get a good cap you must use a lossless codec (ie Huffyuv) This output of an avi for a full movie took up almost 11 gig+. The Dazzle devices cap perfectly straight to an mpeg output (full length flick will equal about 2 gig if that). If drive space isn't a problem go for the cheaper, but I prefered the straight mpeg cap. I also found the quality much improved over the Huffy captures. Dazzle = $ 200.00 usd Hauppage = 40.00 usd

The other issue is, you can burn the dazzle output straight to a vcd, the avi/Hauppage/tuner output is an avi, hence you have to encode in TMPG
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote