VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. As far as removing the dvdxcopy warning -- I do this - below assumes that after the warning is shown the Menu is displayed.

1) Open IFOEDIT
    2) Open movie's VIDEO_TS.IFO
    3) Expand VMGM_PAT line in top half of screen and click on 'First Play PGC'
    4) Scroll down till you find "1. Pre command" in bottom half of screen
    5) Highlight command, right click to edit and change to something like:
    "JumpSS_VMGM 1" - depending on which menu you want displayed.
    6) If you want to jump straight into the movie then use command "Jump_TT 1" etc. etc.
    7) Click SAVE icon to save the video_ts file
    8) Preview in IFOEDIT to confirm new jump is correct
    Quote Quote  
  2. I tried it and it works like a charm. However I have another question I tried using dvdxcopy 1.3 and backing up the movie BLOW R1. If I leave the dvdxcopy warning or strip it out, I need to press stop and then start to get my pioneer dvd-525 to play movie. The dvd player says searching and never does anything after that. Once I press stop then start It works fine. If I stip out menu it does same thing but ofcourse first time I put movie in the screen is black and then I must press stop and start. This movie was dual layer movie but it allowed me to strip menus and extras out to fit entire movie on 1 dvd-r. My question is there a simple way to fix my video_ts file so it plays right into movie without having to press stop? I also burned movie in record now as UDF 128 8+3. I have played many backups in this drive with no problem, however this is first time Im using DVDXCOPY.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes - follow my steps above in my post - using IFOEdit to change the pre-command in the VIDEO_TS VMGM_PAT to "Jump_TT 1" will lauch Title Set 1 (assuming that your main movie lives in title set 1 i.e. VTS_01_xx).

If not change the 1 to the set you want to launch.

Hope this helps,

Wilderbeast.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have a quick question

how do you load your png files into a post

i really want to make my guide better by adding screen capture to it

the files are small enough yet it just doesnt seem to work for me

any help you could give me would be great!

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Wilderbeast if I follow your instructions do I still have to use the above guide to rip out the DVDXCOPY Dislaimer or does this bypass that all togeather?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by bent98
    Wilderbeast if I follow your instructions do I still have to use the above guide to rip out the DVDXCOPY Dislaimer or does this bypass that all togeather?
    Wilderbeast's work around is an alternative to the current guide.

I haven't tried it yet but I will definitely give it a go on my next DVD-9 backup. Currently going through some DVD-5 which don't need anything else then DVD Decrypter Boy do I love the DVD-5's!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have followed the guide and I can't get the line to delete? I hit DELETE PLAYBACK and it doesn't? Am I missing something, Also all I can find is the FBI and not 321's window
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by mysterio1
    I tried it with some movies it worked fine but then I tried it with the movie Dinosaur and it cut out the menu's too, anybody have any ideas how to fix this.
    Seen that on other movies too when the FBI warning is tagged onto the menu, that's why it's best to preview in Ifoedit 0.95 to see what you're really removing.

There are probably ways of fixing that, but then you lose the whole point of DVDxCOPY, i.e. simplicity!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for your help
    works 100%
    you´ve saved me a lot of time
    Quote Quote  
  10. i'm trying to remove the dvd x copy disclamer screen... getting stuck on the "unable to render graph" error message in vobrator. i already had cyberlink powerdvd installed for dvd/mpeg playback but i also downloaded the elcard mpeg player. i still get the render error, i can select the IDs, but i can't play them so i don't know which to delete. is there something else i'm missing? thanks for all the info.

Ira
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have tried following the guide to remove the 321 disclaimer, but everything has failed. I open the Video_ts.vob file in Vobrator and all I'm getting with the vob id's are either black screens which show nothing or failed to render graph errors. Any ideas? I installed the Kristal Studio Divx Codecs pack for the Mpeg playback. Any help will be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have a quick question.

I was following the original instructions usining VBOrator to find the warning and it worked good for the first three movies

Now I tried Signs and chocolat and I can;t see the warning on any of the VOB's. I checked each and every one.

So I try finding the warning with InfoEdit. and I get the following error:

MPEG2DEC : Error during decoder initialization.

And a blank screen.

I ended up coping the info file and removing one id and previewing it then another untill i found it. Then ppasting the copied vob back in the original location and taking out the number.

IS there anyone who knows how to fix this problem?>

Thanks
    Quote Quote  

13. i tried the guide to remove the 321 disclaimer with dvdxcopy vers. 1.3 and 1.3.1., and none of my backup dvd's would play on my panasonic rp-82s. however, the backups would play find on my computer using powerdvd.
    i tried to backup w/o jacking with the 321 disclaimer and all the backups would play fine on my panasonic dvd player. anyone has the same problem?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I downloaded elecard decoder and Followed your directions but I still get message "Failed to render graph". with all the vobs. havn't been able to play single VOB.
    RADX
    Quote Quote  
  15. Open the Video_ts.vob file with Vobrator and make sure that it's set to run in 256 colors. This assumes that you're running windows xp. When vobrator lists all the vob id's, find the ones that have (91) and (16) packets. These have the 321 dislaimer in them. They won't play on my computer, but I have done some experimenting and have found that deleting playback with these id's removes the disclaimer. Have fun and cheers! :P
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi There

I just loint this group and would like to know ehere i could download
    VOBrator version .2b as the site listed at http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/encoding_vobutils.html will not alow me to download it doe anyone know where there is another site for this File ????

Many thanks Martin in Austraila :P
    Quote Quote  
  17. Actually when you open Vobrator 0.2b, find the VOB ID that has 91 packets and use ifoedit to open the video_ts.ifo file and scroll down to the menus and find the vob id and click on delete playback and press save. This takes care of the 321 Studios disclaimer. If you use the DVDxcopy burning engine which is kinda nice and convenient, you can also open the Archive.txt file in your VIDEO_TS folder and delete the contents and then click save. I do know that dvdxcopy will not burn your disc if it doesn't see the file but you can safely delete the contents of the text file if you want. Cheers 8)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Today I just burned the movie Gladiator onto 2 DVD's, and used this method to remove the 321 Disclaimer and the FBI Warning, and they play fine. HOwever, DVDXCopy still says that they are "archived movies" and won't let me recopy them. Would it have anything to do with the fact that I chose to "Start with the move(but save menu)"? Otherwise it worked fine, and thanks for any help...
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Without putting any thought into it...

Can't you just re-rip the backup using Smartripper or whatever, and then burn that? DVDXCopy has already slpit it into two discs and created IFO's, so it's a simple matter of re-ripping to your HD.
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  20. yeah, you can re-rip the movie after you've made your backup with smartripper or decryptor and it will work fine.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by wienerbeast
    Today I just burned the movie Gladiator onto 2 DVD's, and used this method to remove the 321 Disclaimer and the FBI Warning, and they play fine. HOwever, DVDXCopy still says that they are "archived movies" and won't let me recopy them. Would it have anything to do with the fact that I chose to "Start with the move(but save menu)"? Otherwise it worked fine, and thanks for any help...
    Did you perform this step ?

NOTE: DVDXCOPY is now checking for the ARCHIVE.TXT file before it burns the DVD. If you use their software to burn the DVD you will not be able to delete this file. If you use some other software to burn the DVD then you can delete the file ARCHIVE.TXT file located in the directory that DVDXCOPY created.
    Quote Quote  
  22. You can safely delete the archive.txt file that dvdxcopy creates if you are going to use another burning program to actually burn the disc. But if you want to use dvdcopy, just open the text file and delete the contents, then save it. dvdxcopy will still work, but the text file will be empty. enjoy
    Quote Quote  
  23. Can anyone figure out a crack-code or patch to alow you to remove the ARCHIVE.TXT and still use DVDXCOPY to burn the DVD?????[/code]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Chasm
    Damn cool guide man. I'm just too damn lazy to bother though....for now, I can stomach the warnings.
    It looks too complicated to just remove the warning... I am also too lazy. Has anyone changed the text on the archive.txt file? If you can change it, I could do my own 7 seconds warning: "Although this motion picture has been rate PG, please cover you child's eyes for the following 7 seconds!!" or something like that!

Ok, ok... if you can't beat them... modify them!
    Quote Quote  
  25. How exactly do you save the .BUP? When I click "SAVE", I only get the .IFO file save prompt.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Don't wanna appear lazy (lol) but cant you just remove the contents of the archive txt folder and leave the folder intact???

Frosty
    Quote Quote  
  27. My Sony set top DVD player has issues with this method for some discs. It works fine on older titles, but I had two relatively new DVD's that would not play on the SONY (DVP550). I burned Brotherhood of the Wolf and Minority Report and with both titles, Disc 1 would not play after doing the IFOEDIT trick. The SONY gives its "dirty disc" error (comes up as C 13 00) on the display. When I reburned disc one of both these titles with the DVDXCOPY warning intact, the discs played fine. From what I have read, the SONY players give this error not only when the disc is dirty, but also when certain things on the DVD are removed. The discs worked fine on another non-Sony player, so it is not a bad media issue. As I mentioned, other older titles worked fine, but until I get a newer DVD player, I will have to suffer through the 8 second warnings.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Why not just don't use DVDX Copy and simply re-author/split the backup with DVDshrink? No loss in quality and no 321 screen.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Well, I am a NOOB, so bear with my dumbass questions....I always thought DVDShrink was for compressing a DVD9 to fit on a DVD5. I searched the guides, and I cannot find any tips on how to use this tool with no loss in quality. There also does not appear to be a way to split a DVD9 into 2 DVD5's with this program (just tried it a minute ago).
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by strugs
    Well, I am a NOOB, so bear with my dumbass questions....I always thought DVDShrink was for compressing a DVD9 to fit on a DVD5. I searched the guides, and I cannot find any tips on how to use this tool with no loss in quality. There also does not appear to be a way to split a DVD9 into 2 DVD5's with this program (just tried it a minute ago).
    Yeah it's not obvious how to do it. I'm also new to all this however I'm learning fast.

To split a DVD9 with DVDshrink you run it and open the DVD (IFO) click next then select re-author. Now select "add" and the program will have selected the main movie files for you so for disc1 so press the "OK" button. Now select the crop button and adjust adjust the "end" point stop with the arrow buttons until the reported file size is under 4.438GB then click "OK" (be sure to write down the time and frame number where the stop was as you will need this info for disc2). Now you select "Copy" from the three choices on the left and simply process that file normally. This will get you disc1 but movie only. If you want all the goodies you will need to select them when you added the movie files and select the movies files last then adjust them until you have the correct file size.

To do disc2 you do the same thing except this time you adjust the start point to the time and frame number you got from disc1.

Of course you could just rip the DVD VOB files then split them and using VOBedit and IFOedit do the same thing for movie only but that's a bit more complicated.
    Quote Quote