VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Here at work we just got a Panasonic DMR-HS2 to aid us in our umatic tape backup project. I burned a dvd and it played perfect in the DMR-HS2 player, but once we tried to play them in our Apex 1500 it locks the DVD player down. Our Apex 660 will play them, with the 2x restriction, but it will not display text in the starting menu. So what I was wondering is, what standalone dvd players will play the HS2 burned dvd's perfectly besides the HS2 itself?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tested it on the following:

Samsung 711: Perfect
    All Daewoo Players: Plays, but 2x limited
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry to here about your 1500 because they play fine in my 1500 (SV serial#). I would try another burned disc there since is no reason the 1500 cannot play them. My other findings are as follows:

Apex 1500 (2x restriction)
    PS2 (2x restriction)
    Toshiba SD1800 (perfectly)
    Koss 2165 (perfectly)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SergeantD
    I would try another burned disc there since is no reason the 1500 cannot play them.
    Tried 4 discs. 2 came up with the menu, but locked up upon playing. The other two were DOA.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have the HS2 and an Apex 1500 (SN A...). My discs created on the HS2 all play fine on my 1500. I purchased some of the 1500s (SN D...) for relatives and found that they would not play my discs from the HS2 until I upgraded the firmware. They all play the discs fine now
    Quote Quote