VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if your dvd-r will not play in your stand-alone player when burned with nero, this is because your stand alone supports UDF1.02.
    when you burn a dvd with nero using DVD VIDEO ,settings nero burns the disc in UDF 1.05.
    most players especially new models support this.........but some older players do not.hence when you put the disc in your player you get "disc error" or something similar, but if you put the disc in, say your friends player it plays good.
    follow these steps.

1/ make sure all your movie files are in a folder called VIDEO_TS (must be caps).
    2/ open nero, click close wizard.
    3/ in the new compilation choose dvd (obviously)
    4/ instead of choosing DVD VIDEO, choose DVD-ROM (UDF)
    5/ all settings should be ok at default, but if not, make sure no multisession is ticked, and UDF1.02 is selected as a physical partition.
    6/ click new, locate your VIDEO_TS folder with the movie you want to burn.drag and drop into the burn box on the left, then click burn.
    7/ when finished enjoy in you stand alone for the first time.

hope this helps the masses with this problem.
    i personally burn all movies like this because then all dvd's play in ALL standalones.if a stand alone uses UDF1.05 it will also play UDF1.02.
    but not the other way around.

P.S ALL this refers to using nero version 5.5.9.17 the newest version, untested on older versions but it will probably still be the same
    Quote Quote  
  2. Headstate.
    Do I also drag the audio file into nero as well? You didn't make mention of this. I read somewhere that the audio folder must also be present for the burn to be successful. What do you do?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have original dvds without the audio_ts folder...but it is maybe best to include it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wanted to second headstate's guide, I always do this and I have had no problems with DVDs burned by Nero doing this.

Audio_TS folder is not needed but as Baldrick says it's always worth including just incase. Afterall it only takes a couple of seconds to create an empty one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is a great way !
    now i can see my DVD+R/RW -+R/RW in my stand alone DVD
    thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it work good with udf/iso mode using udf 1.02 also?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it once and it was fine. That was on a -rw.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You are good.

There are many posts that new DVDR burner owner can't make their DVD-R disc to play. This have to be it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks
    That works great!
    Quote Quote  
  10. If this realy works (I believe you ), it should be posted as guide. It will be very helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nero should correct the problem at the source.....

I don't know of any reason to author discs with 1.05
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for the post! However, when I tried this method with Nero 5.5.9.17 and a Sony dvd+rw, using a Sony DRU500a my Apex 600a still won't identify the disk as "valid."

In another thread I saw that to get the Apex to use a RW disk you have to change the bitsetting. Does burning at UDF 1.02 address that?

Good work, in any case.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm glad this is solving the problems with everybody using nero.
    vob instant cd/dvd and prassi primo dvd, all burn using UDF1.02.so it speaks for itself, nero have got it wrong.nobody ever has problems with these software, just nero!!
    if you burn the way described your basically burning the same way as instand cd/dvd and primo dvd.
    when you burn the movie using DVD-ROM (udf) setting,it burns it the exact same way as the DVD-VIDEO setting apart from
    nero burns using udf1.02 instead of 1.05.
    and there's nothing special about the dvd-video setting in nero, it's just called that because the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders are already made up for you.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Nevermind
    Quote Quote  
  15. its not!!! work on xbox and Powerbook g4 TITANIUM if i burn with prassi its play on xbox.. mac.. and stand-alone...
    Quote Quote  
  16. well the VOB instent CD/DVD recognize my Sony DRU500 as a CD-R and not DVD-R!
    I follow your step in Nero while creating my own DVD's and its not working on a stand alone player
    any ide?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by headstate
    4/ instead of choosing DVD VIDEO, choose DVD-ROM (UDF)
    FYI I have tested this and failed. I have to burn in UDF/ISO mode otherwise the standalone reports Bad disk. It seems that UDF/ISO then is even more compliant. My player is an old Ninatus 9901 which also plays Neros DVDvideo settings UDF1.5
    Cheers // Radioman
    Quote Quote  
  18. It's very nice! Thanks!

I have a SONY DVD player and i use DVD maestro to write DVDs. Ten DVDs and nothing play on my SONY.

Now i made a disk image with DVD Maestro and burn with NERO in ISO 1.2 mode. ALL IS OK! Any DVD play well!

THANKS!!!!
    .:ANDREAS:. .:from:. .:Greece:.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    radioman,
    there will always be an exeption, this will not work 100% of the time.
    if your old ninatus plays discs fine with nero with the dvd-video setting (udf1.05) then that is the most compliant format for you and one you should stick with if all is good.
    burning using udf1.02 is for the people who's stand alone will not play discs using dvd-video udf1.05 settings.
    in my experience if dvd-video udf1.05 will not play, burn udf1.02 and it will.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Radioman (and others):

I remember a thread here a while back discussing burning with Nero "manually" (so it wouldn't check to make sure things are correct) and it was said that "UDF/ISO" was the correct format to choose.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hello all. I have been reading this thread and I have noticed that that this method of burning in UDF 1.02 has been working for some people.

However this is not the case for me. I Have a Sony DRU 500A to burn, and A JVC XV-D701 player. I ripped a DVD in DVD Decrypter, and Stripped in IFOEdit. Here is the problem I am having:

1. When I try to burn this using a DVD+R it fails and says "Cannot Perform End Of Disc-At-Once", and it fails.

2. When I try to burn this using a DVD-R it does not fail, but it doesn't play in my DVD Player (I am using 1.02 like you said).

I have created the AUDIO_TS file also?

I have tried this topic in the Digital-Digest forum, but not much success.

If anyone has any ideas please reply!

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

P.S. I am using the new Nero 5.5.9.17
    Quote Quote  
  22. I have tried Nero UDF/ISO 1.02 and DVD video, and it only plays on my Apex (not my other two DVD players).
    Been trying (one or two discs per version) since March!!
    Stomp and VOB both work...

Stomp gives me no problems with all THREE DVD players, so I am sticking with that, until Nero fixes the problem once and for all.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I just performed the exact steps that you mentioned. The DVD -R burned and played fine on my computer DVD -R/RW, Cendyne DVR-104. However, it will not play on ANY DVD I have tried, computer DVD-ROM or Standalone. I used Nero ver 3.5.7.8 OEM. Any Help?
    Quote Quote  
  24. can this be applied to vcd's(xvcd etc....)? the burning method offeredhere ?obviously-except for making the necessary selection for vcd?
    Quote Quote  
  25. I am suprised to see anybody having problems with discs playing if burned in 1.02. I started burning this way right after this thread started and have had great luck so far. My original burns would only play in my sony dvpns715 stand alone(in my opinion the greatest player out there) but wouldn't play in my Toshiba sd1600(roughly 3-4 yr old player) or my dads Magnavox dvd611(el crapo). Now burning in udf 1.02 mode, the discs will play in all these players, perfectly. I guess it depends on the individual and their player. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
    Quote Quote  
  26. In Studio 8, I generated the files in order to burn a DVD. *.VBO/*.IFO/*.BUP. From there, using Studio 8, I burnt a DVD. Now it plays on my computer DVD-ROM, however, will not play on my three different home standalone, except, for my Panasonic Portable DVD player. So, since I had the files listed above, I went to Nero to see if the procedure would work. RUT ROH! Back to my origingal configuration where it doesn't work whatsoever on any of my four DVD players except for my DVD -R/RW. Am I getting wrapped around the axle? Do I need a different software program? Maestro? DVD Encryptor?

All I want to do is to take my VHS/8mm video and burn them to DVD. I have read VCD Help but I guess I am too much of a layman.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I have been pursuing issues with Nero with a friend who has a DVD burner as well. He created a DVD-RW using the new procedures to specify the 1.02 file system. It plays in his DVD players but will not play in a recently purchased Pioneer DV-250 stand alone player I have. This player will not play disks create by Nero. I have an older GE 1101p (something like that, a renamed Shinco model equivalent to an Apex) that will would play disks the Pioneer will not.

I took the disk he created with Nero, copied the files to my computer, used the image tool to create an image. Burned the image back to the DVD-RW and it plays beautifully on my Pioneer. One thing I have observed about Nero is that it insists on changing the order of the files on the disk.

For example, the original order is (I don't have the exact names):
    blat.ifo
    blat.bup
    blot.ifo
    blot.bup
    xxx.vob
    xxy.vob

Nero insists on placing them on the DVD-RW as:
    blat.ifo
    blat.bup
    blot.ifo
    xxx.vob
    xxy.vob
    blot.bup

The image creation program ordered the files the same as the original and it works. Could this be why Nero is compatible as well? Only certain players seem picky about the layout.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by magbuhat
    In Studio 8, I generated the files in order to burn a DVD. *.VBO/*.IFO/*.BUP. From there, using Studio 8, I burnt a DVD. Now it plays on my computer DVD-ROM, however, will not play on my three different home standalone, except, for my Panasonic Portable DVD player. So, since I had the files listed above, I went to Nero to see if the procedure would work. RUT ROH! Back to my origingal configuration where it doesn't work whatsoever on any of my four DVD players except for my DVD -R/RW. Am I getting wrapped around the axle? Do I need a different software program? Maestro? DVD Encryptor?

All I want to do is to take my VHS/8mm video and burn them to DVD. I have read VCD Help but I guess I am too much of a layman.
    I used Studio 8 (10 min project) and Nero too. It worked for me. Is it possible that your player is not compatipble with that specific media ? Did you try to burn something different to sane media ? For example some 1 layer DVD backup ?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was thinking about the problems that some of you have had when it comes to playback. 1) Is the stand-alone capable of playing the format (DVD-R/W DVD+R/W) you burned? 2) What type of blank media are you using? This can really make a difference- as we all know- you get what you pay for.
    As far as the Apex stand-alone, when we got our first DVD player 1 1/2 yrs ago (late catching up I guess) we got an Apex. It had limited capabilities playing the menus of Commercial DVD's, and sometimes wouldn't play the movie at all! We exchanged it for another one, and it had the same problem. We finally traded it up for a Samsung for about $20USD more. It worked with no problems (however it did not support VCD's or any DVD-R or DVD+R format). I now have a GE DGN1000? and it works great with all (the same price I originally payed for the Apex).
    I hope this can be useful for someone considering a new stand-alone or choosing a good disc.
    BTW- I have had great success with Memorex and Verbatim DVD+R/RW's and have also had good luck with some blank DVD+Rs I bought at a MarketPro Computer Show (the dealer is local to me also).

Spikey
    Quote Quote  
  30. I too tried burning with nero using the 1.02 setting.
    Played back perfect in my cyberhome,but wouldn't play on a Tosh/Samsung...
    So ripped the dvd using dvd decrypter and recorded the disc using VOB
    with the setting 1.02(not changing anything) And it plays on all the dvd players.Bottom line Nero for me sucks at recording dvds
    Quote Quote