VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I have had great luck burning in dvd-rom (udf) mode. So I thought I would try it in udf/iso mode. Disc won't load in any of the players I tried. Whats the deal?? It was set for iso 9660, and udf 1.02. I thought this was even more compatible then just udf mode alone??? Anybody with an answer?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey folks, I've been burning VCD's for two years and I've learned one thing about players. Either they will play VCD or they wont, if they don't nothing you can do will change that. Look on the front of your player where the emblems are that id the different types of media it will play. If it says "Compact Disc Digital Video" it WILL play VCD, if it don't have that emblem it WON'T play VCD. Price and brand have nothing to do with it either(someone mentioned "You get what you pay for.") One of my players only cost $59.00 it plays ALL CD and DVD media while my neighbors $200.00 unit won't play MP3's or VCD's. So if ya pop that li'l home movie in yer player and it don't play, before ya go runnin' off to tweak yer 'puter program Look at the front of yer player. If it don't say Digital Video yer just wasting yer time! Now if it does say Digital Video and it still won't work then by all means read back in this thread. Some really great tips have been posted to help solve your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. headstate.....you ROCK!

I only wish I had known this 20 movies ago.

I used Nero 5.5.10.0 DVD (UDF/ISO) and made sure 'physical partion 1.02' was selected, though I believe that this version of nero defaults to that, dont remember......however their is a check box in this version 'force DVD complient for Xbox' that I checked and now my DVD backups play on my Toshiba SD-3800 that none of my previous ones did.

Either way, you have cleared a long standing problem I had when doing 1:1 DVD backups. I originally thought it an IFOEdit splitting problem but I am happy it is not. I have used Stomp Now Record Max and Prassi both newer versions, and what I noticed is when the option in both these to only allow DVD complient files was enabled I would always get an error and could not continue the backup when I had split the DVD. However when not split I would not get this error and all went well and played well.

Anyways, thank you headstate.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AcID73
    Hi all,

Original DVD are "written" in UDF/ISO (Mode 1)

Verify it by putting an original disc into your dvd-drive and use Nero to get the medium information.
    If u want to use your homegrown discs on any standalone player in the future, burn it as UDF/ISO (UDF 1.02) and uncheck all extensions to the ISO-format like long filenames, joilet and so on.

And thats all I've to say about this. ;-P

greetings from germany saxony

AcID
    If I uncheck extension for long filenames when burning with VOB Instant CD/DVD the DVD won't play on my standalone (Pioneer 454), so I don't think it's correct to uncheck long filenames?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi!
    Been trying for two days now to make a dvd-r video. I spent the last 72 hours transfering 2 of 17 (aprox 1hr 30min each worth) DV tapes from a Sony DV Camcorder to my computer via Dazzle's Hollywood Bridge using Pinnical Studio 7 to convert that DV footage to mpg2. I used Movie Factory 1.0 to burn but I get pixels. The original footage has no pixelization.
    So I decided to try Nero Version 5.5.10. When I followed the instructions:
    Select DVD (UDF 1.02) and create my AUDIO/VIDEO_TS Dir and copy my 4.0 gig mpg2 file to the VIDEO_TS dir and burn it doesn't work in my Pioneer Standalone player but when I drop that bad boy into my computer dvd player it looks like it's just a data disc!!! I can open the VIDEO_TS dir and see that it has the .mpg file in there. What's up with that??
    Is there an easier solution for me to transfer dv footage to dvd-r's without losing too much quality?? Don't care about menu's and the like but just getting the footage off onto a dvd-r to play on standalone machines without pixelization.
    Oh I have a Pioneer A05 dvd burner and so far I've been using TDK rewriteable.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried to burning on my pioneer 105 using nero (ver .10 latest ) with no luck, it played on my computer but not on my dvd player (acoustics solutions 405).

I decided to try Vob instant and that worked fine and its very easy to use , just follow the wizard .

I did manage to burn an .img ok with nero using the dvd burn image
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mohadiib
    Hi!
    Been trying for two days now to make a dvd-r video. I spent the last 72 hours transfering 2 of 17 (aprox 1hr 30min each worth) DV tapes from a Sony DV Camcorder to my computer via Dazzle's Hollywood Bridge using Pinnical Studio 7 to convert that DV footage to mpg2. I used Movie Factory 1.0 to burn but I get pixels. The original footage has no pixelization.
    Select DVD (UDF 1.02) and create my AUDIO/VIDEO_TS Dir and copy my 4.0 gig mpg2 file to the VIDEO_TS dir and burn it doesn't work in my Pioneer Standalone player but when I drop that bad boy into my computer dvd player it looks like it's just a data disc!!! I can open the VIDEO_TS dir and see that it has the .mpg file in there. What's up with that??
    Is there an easier solution for me to transfer dv footage to dvd-r's without losing too much quality?? Don't care about menu's and the like but just getting the footage off onto a dvd-r to play on standalone machines without pixelization.

You forgot to author your work (transform the .mpg's files into .vob files, etc.) Only after that you burn using Nero.
    There are a lot of software to help you with authoring: Studio 8, Ulead DVD workshop, etc.
    Hope it helps,
    Sergio
    Quote Quote  
  8. As the tile says I was having problems playing backups on 2 of my 3 settop players after using nero 5.5.9.17. I was using dvd2dvdr to rip and encode and then usiong ifoedit to remux. After burning 1 would play fine the 2nd would play intermittently and the 3rd never. I even tried maestro to author and still no luck.
    After searching these forums I found a solution that works for me. Tomclary wrote on Dec. 13th that he created an image then burnt the image. I tried it and it has worked on 4 backups so far using nero whereas the same movie would not work if I just burnt it after authoring. Like he said must have something to do with the file ordering.
    Hope this help some people.......
    Quote Quote  
  9. well for us people with +R, you don't have to go through all this problems that the -R's are having, just go get the free Bitsetter from Plus RW.org and set your DVD burner with the bitsetter where it burns all +Rs or +RW's as a DVD-ROM, I have done so, use NERO 5.5.917 and burn all my DVD's as DVD video with any brand and they have played perfect in ANY and ALL DVD players I can get my hands on even players that are not suppose to play the +R's like my
    Panasonic DVD-R Recorders E10 and E20, or any other Panasonic I have tried them on, been to frys, Sams, Target and Best Buy and tried them in as many brands that I could hook up and try, so far all has played my discs flawless and I am burning them clear up to 4.4 and 4.5 gigs none have skipped or locked up either, done about 60 to 70 DVD+R's so far this way.
    Quote Quote  
  10. well for us people with +R, you don't have to go through all this problems that the -R's are having
    I've never had any problems with -R's. And I've never had to worry about the bitsetting like the + users do.

Those bitsetting programs don't work with the DRU500A.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi!

What I still don;t get after reading all these posts:

Burning with studio 8 directly to disc plays in my standalone but burning to directory and using nero does not.
    Burning with Sonic directly to disc plays in my standalone but burning to directory and using nero later does not.

I used all possible configs I guess. Tool me 8 hours but I think I burned all posibilities. dvd-video, udf, udf+iso relax on / off with/without juliet. 1.02 1.5 2.whatever

So what gives? Used 3 different nero version including the latest wich is 5.5.10.x I believe. Can't nero burn correctly?

I use a sony dru500a and the included dvd+rw

i will check dvd-rw and dvd-r next week in case nero can't write to dvd+rw's

Sabrina
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sabrina,

Funny, I use Studio 8 to "Create disc content but don't burn" and then I burn with Nero 5.5.9.17.0 (not *.1) by selecting DVD-Video and it works just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Okay, I've burned 6 times with various media (+/-R) using Nero 5.5.10.0 with the different settings mentioned in this forum (yes, I chose UDF 1.02). Each time I get the same result--will play on my PC and PS2 and none of my standalone players.

After pretty much abandoning nero, I thought I'd give Veritas RecordNow (bundled with my Sony DRU-500A) a try. To my astonishment, it friggin WORKED perfectly (go figure) on all my DVD players, PC, and PS2!!

Here is what I did after compiling in DVDMaestro:

1. Open RecordNow (version 4.50 is what I have)
    2. Select Make a Data Disc, Click Next
    3. Will prompt you to insert a blank DVDR disk if you don't have one inserted (I used Verbatim DVD+R), Click Next
    4. Click Add Files and Folders
    5. Browse to the location of your AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders (for me, these were the folders and files that I compiled in DVDMaestro). You can use the shift or Ctrl key to highligh both folders, Click Add.
    NOTE: If you compiled in DVDMaestro, you may or may not have created an *.LAY file. If you did, remove it from within the VIDEO_TS folder before adding the VIDEO_TS folder.
    6. Just sit back and wait...THAT'S IT!!

I did change any options in RecordNow.

Hope this helps some of you.
    NickB
    Quote Quote  
  14. Oops, meant to say I did NOT change any options in RecordNow.
    NickB
    Quote Quote  
  15. hmmmm,

maybe there is a bug in Nero 5.5.10.0 ?

I checked out record now too and that works too!

I find it strange that all my programs work except nero! Problem is that I like nero the best because you can edit everything

darn! is there still a site that carries your 5.5.9 version?

Sabrina!
    Quote Quote  
  16. I just found out an important fact for this thread!

A have downgraded my nero version from 5.5.10.0 to 5.5.9.17 and now all modes work!

so dvd-video works, and the udf only or udf/iso too !

so there is a fault in the new nero version?
    Quote Quote  
  17. OK sorry if I keep posting but I have made some more tests:

using DVD+RW DVD-RW & DVD-R (don;t van DVD+R yet)

Nero 5.5.9.17 burns on DVD-VIDEO UDF only UDF/ISO on 1.02 1.50 and 2.01 even!

Nero 5.5.10.0 burns all ok but NONE work on 5 different dvd players including those on my work!!!!!

I read reports that 5.5.10.0 works fine so I guess it's the way nero works with my sony dru500a. I will keep working with this version until this is corrected. Thanks for all your help. Hope this bit of info helped some of you!

Sabrina!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi Mohadiib!

You create a date disk - thats for sure!
    you need a Authoring progam to transfer your mpg2 Files + Sound to
    3 or 4 VOB Files and the fitting *.IFO Files + *.BUP ( Backup IFO) files.
    ANY OTHER File Types will result in a "DATA" DVD.
    If you can use DVDMaestro from Spruce - old but professional.

Originally Posted by Mohadiib
    Hi!

Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi im new to this all..i encoded my avi file to mpeg 2 wit tmpegenc..whats next..like that should i do from here..do i have to make them to vob files? cuz i wantto play them in my stand alone player ? if anyone can help that be great..thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you contacted the support people at Ahead to report the problem with Nero. If they don't know there's a problem they can't fix it!

The address is techsupport@nero.com
    Quote Quote  
  21. Warning - DO NOT USE THIS METHOD

Since this thread is linked to from the guides, I wanted to add that people are experiencing problems with headstate's recommendation of using DVD-ROM UDF mode. I used it based on the recommendations here, and my disk would not play in any of my standalones.

I did some more experimenting on my own, and I found that the following settings created a working disc in Nero 5.5.9.17.0 that would play on my standalones:

DVD-ROM UDF/ISO
    Check ISO level 1
    Check ISO9660
    Uncheck Joliet
    Uncheck anything in "relax ISO restrictions"
    UDF 1.02
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Apparently there are several versions of UDF

1.05 Which is used for packet CD Writing
    2.00 Which is used for Rom formats and multi session and DVD's on CD-Rom
    1.02 Which is used in set top boxes because its used on DVD Video Disks

But the Nero problem is caused by a SOFTWARE bug.

The fact is if nobody bothers to tell them about the problems, they are having, they can't fix them. They not psychic and know which forum to go to. I wont be surprised if all those who are harping on about the problems have not bashed a simple email of to ahead.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Stick a fork in Nero. It's done. I just did 3 burns with my new Record Now Max proggie and they work in all the players I have tried. I was using Nero in both udf and also udf/iso modes. Each had success and failures in these same players. Looks to me like Record Now is the " Real Deal" If anybody is in doubt, I definitly suggest giving it a shot!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  24. tried this method , it works for my pioneer standlone, but not my samsung. the only way to get this dvd-r to work in my samsung is to create image file with spruce.

I dont like author it, then make tile set, then make image. it takes 2 freakkin long. Im going to try and find a way to cut the time somehow, and get working dvd backups on both my players.
    Quote Quote  
  25. You need to do some reading. Go check up the "HOW TO" section to the left of this screen and go into "AUTHOR" and read from there....
    Quote Quote  
  26. I tried UDF1.02 in UDF then UDF+ISO it did'nt work either. Then I dumped Nero and installed RecordNow and its working fine ! except that menu captions don't show and highlighting of captions neither.

I tried authoring with DVD Workshop and DVD complete and each dvd-r doesn't show menu captions on the standalone (menus are working but captions don't show which makes it imposssible for anybody else than me to know what button to push on the remote)

On the PC no problem.

Does anybody knows about this problem.

MKSEO
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, here's something even more bizarre....

I author my project with DVD MovieFactory 2, save the VIDEO_TS folder, and burn with DMF2, it plays fine.

I take that same VIDEO_TS folder and burn with Nero *or* VOB (yes, I remember to add the AUDIO_TS folder), and my player won't play it.

Admittedly, I have no right to expect my 5-year-old Sony DVP-S7000 to play ANY DVD-R's at all no matter what software I use....
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried to burn the way is mentioned and i still get the message no disc in my stand alone dvd player.
    i also tried the iso/udf system and it didnt work for me , maybe its the way u proccess your movies , please tell me if what im doing is good.
    after im ripping the movie using decryptor im split it to 2 part using ifoedit , copy to each directory the 2 vidoe_ts files and in each part im press the get vts sector . well that's it .
    Quote Quote