VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I recently started the DVD backup issue and discovered making a custom template as below works fine.
    Generate a new template in nero as below and add two subfolders
    AUDIO_TS AND VIDEO_TS...THE AUDIO IS NEVER USED UNLESS MAKING THE NEW AUDIO DVD FORMATS.ALSO THERE IS A FEW MORE FOLDERS THAT CAN BE ADDED FOR CUSTOM SCREENS CALLED JACKETS BUT AGAIN THIS IS NOT 100% ANYWAY HERE IS THE TEMPLATE DETAILS FOR NERO

Make a new template

With the following settings

1)DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO)
    2)No Multisession
    3)ISO settings ISO level 1,ISO 9660 (Joliet is disabled)
    All ISO restrictions Disabled(Allow path depths etc OFF)

4)UDF Settings As per earlier posting UDF 1.02
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some things in this post make no sense. I use Nero 5.5.9.0 to burn discs, and have problems with them playing only in my Apex 1100w. All other players are always fine. The Apex play everything else just fine, but not my DVD-R and DVD-RW discs.

My Nero has no 1.05 UDF mode. I can select from 1.02, 1.50, and 2.01. There is no 1.05, don't tell me to check again, 1.05 does not exist. Are their lots of dyslexic people here or something?

Also, I've never seen a version of Nero that can make templates for burning. Maybe save a compilation and always open it, but that's not a template.

Yes, I use 5.5.9.0 because it works. Don't tell me to upgrade without giving a good reason. If it ain't broke, I don't fix it. Anyhow, all I see is complaints about the 5.5.9.+ versions. I even just now looked at ahead.de and see no reason to upgrade. I can shut of multisession myself, and my Pioneer 103 is fully supported already.

I burn DVD-R Mode 1 ISO/UDF Combo (you cannot burn in UDF-only mode, that's not DVD compatible with many players), Joliet disabled, and ISO restrictions unchecked. It should be fine, but it's not. All media is rejected too, including the cheapest all the way up to Pioneer and Apple DVD-Rs. I use both the UDF/ISO combo mode and the DVD-Video template (which ARE the same) and they produce the same results.

Nothing seems to work, and this forum isn't really helping so far.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  3. One things strikes me... perhaps you should upgrade? If you are scared of problems, do a system restoration point beforehand (assuming you use WinXP of course).

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi all,

Original DVD are "written" in UDF/ISO (Mode 1)

Verify it by putting an original disc into your dvd-drive and use Nero to get the medium information.
    If u want to use your homegrown discs on any standalone player in the future, burn it as UDF/ISO (UDF 1.02) and uncheck all extensions to the ISO-format like long filenames, joilet and so on.

And thats all I've to say about this. ;-P

greetings from germany saxony

AcID
    Quote Quote  
  5. MyNew Nero has no 1.05 UDF mode. I can select from 1.02, 1.50, and 2.01 Nero 55.10.0 just fresch from ftp server so there is no 1.05 udf mode
    Nero always writing my DVD+R disk in udf 1.02 mode it's the standart setting.......
    Quote Quote  
  6. Nero 5.5.??? what ??? Which ftp server ?
    Quote Quote  

7. 5.5.9.17 is the latest one.
    All others are fakes or just mistaken filenames
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ftp://ftp.nero.com/Nero55100.exe

The file is dated Today ( DEC 18th ). Looks completly legit, they just have not goten around to updating the website yet.
    Quote Quote  
  9. It is comming down the wires that are conncted to my Laptop.... Let's see.
    Quote Quote  
  10. What I fail to understand why Nero while imgtools / dvddecryptor are free and work
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by boas999
    What I fail to understand why Nero while imgtools / dvddecryptor are free and work
    Because it came with my CD burner and I was using it since then. Long time before I knew about vcdhelp.com and burning DVDs..
    Quote Quote  
  12. What I fail to understand why Nero while imgtools / dvddecryptor are free and work
    That sentence appears to be missing some words... "why Nero while" ??? What did you mean to say? Why Nero fails while the others work?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by JasonK
    What I fail to understand why Nero while imgtools / dvddecryptor are free and work
    That sentence appears to be missing some words... "why Nero while" ??? What did you mean to say? Why Nero fails while the others work?
    I think it is missing punctuation rather than words, and possibly an "is"

What I fail to understand is, why Nero ?, while imgtools / dvddecryptor are free and work.

Does this make more sense to you ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hey guys .... I thought that this web was about S/VCD, DVD and technical related issues and not propper English grammar. You have to understand that there is much more people in the world with English as second language that didn't spend whole life studying English grammar (I am good or bad example).

So let's go back. I like Nero and boas999 not....

BTW: What is this post about ??? I forgot...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by donpedro
    Hey guys .... I thought that this web was about S/VCD, DVD and technical related issues and not propper English grammar. You have to understand that there is much more people in the world with English as second language that didn't spend whole life studying English grammar (I am good or bad example).

So let's go back. I like Nero and boas999 not....

BTW: What is this post about ??? I forgot...

Just trying to help someone understand a quote. It makes a lot more sense if read with punctuation.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I wasn't correcting grammar, but trying to understand what he meant. I thought he might have meant to say "Nero fails" rather than just Why Nero?

The fact that some users dont speak English as a first language is irrelevant as far as me trying to interpret it, that's why I simply asked the question, and didn't criticize anything regarding the language.

I think I understand what he meaning now. But you can always ask "why use this or that?" Everyone has their reasons.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by txpharoah
    There is no 1.05, don't tell me to check again, 1.05 does not exist. Are their lots of dyslexic people here or something?

Nothing seems to work, and this forum isn't really helping so far.

Any ideas?
    I have one.... but I'm afraid they don't allow that kind of language in this forum.
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by donpedro
    It is comming down the wires that are conncted to my Laptop.... Let's see.
    I tried nero 10. dosent seem to work well for me either way. DVD-Video wont work, DVD-UDF with force DVD-Video compatibility wont work either. Using Verbatim 2x media. I went back to the older ver
    Quote Quote  
  19. Beside from drawing your attention by forming a sentence with no punctuations. I also (tried) to make a point
    The . I was trying to make was:
    You got a program (in this case Nero) and it fails to do what you want it to do (namely burn DVDs in a way most stand-alone players play them). Why don't you something else?
    Imgtools and DVDDecryptor are for free, not very hard to use, and do the job.
    Just use Nero for audio and SVCD for which it works great and wait till they fix the DVD part
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why use Nero when Imgtools works? Because ImgTool doesn't work, at least not for me. It can never find the files. IFOedit=another piece of junk. It gives me an error dealing with command.com. No disc image for me. And all the commercial authoring software I've used up til now wants to either completely reencode an already encoded video file, or, like NeoDVD, add in a stupid menu that I don't want. I haven't tried the dvd-rom mode in Nero yet, but will give it a shot. Thanks to those who pointed it out. Hopefully it will work. BTW, if following the Doom9 IFOedit guide, do NOT use tmpeg. It can't handle the mpeg file correctly, just use rempeg as that's what it's set up for anyways.
    Quote Quote  
  21. this isnt to do with Nero directly;

after burning 2 DVD-R's and both being a complete failiure (DVD jus keeps spinning)
    .. i've been tryin to figure out why; does having the long name support (Joliet) make a difference?..
    im using VOB Instant CD/DVD, my version of Nero dosent support DVD or my DVD-RW

BTW: i cant even get the DVD's i burnt to work with WinDVD
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i burn a dvd i first use dvddecryptor if the size is ok under 4.5 i use infoedit and then burn as UDF 1.02 not video mode It plays both in my Sony 7700 and p.c The sames happens when i use infoedit and cut subttitles and languages. Plays good.
    Last night i tries to cut using dvd2dvdr and cinema craft encoder 2.50 a movie that was bigger than 4.5. After the process its size became 4.30gb i burn it in the same way works in my pc but does not work in my player do you know the reason ?
    Looking forward hearing from you
    Your friend
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm gonna try it out right now! Thanks a lot, i've some feeling this is gonna work for me. Is there any difference between UDF 1.05 and UDF 1.02 except the number, maybe a strange question, but what is UDF?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Yes. Big one. 1.05 doesn't exist in Nero it's 1.50.

Other than that ... I have no clue.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried burning with Nero and the DVD-R didn't play on my Pioneer DV-454. I tried burning with Instant CD/DVD and it still wouldn't play. I then checked "long filenames in the Microsoft joilet standard" and it played fine. I don't know if this applies for Nero as well??? ...I burnt in UDF 1.02.
    Quote Quote  
  26. after makin 5 coasters for my cuppa tea's, i found out it is the media

im off to buy some Pioneer media as the DVD-RW dosent like the Vivastar ones, saying there "illegal medium" lol

Pioneer Drive Info

I edited your link as it was messing up the page width.

Craig Tucker
    Quote Quote  
  27. Success at last!!! I have been making coasters with my DVD-R media up til now. I have tried everything to backup my dvd's and get them to work on my stand alone player. I am using the Sony DRU-500a with dvd-r media. I was able to rip the dvd (always have been) but could not always get nero to work for burning. I tried all the steps mentioned from the others postings but nothing seem to work. I would get the intro to work and then the movie would stop. Now, using Nero (new version 5510) and UDF 2.01, everything works great on my home dvd player. I am aware not all functions work for everyone but this one did for me. I hope this helps someone. Thanks for all the suggestions. :P
    Quote Quote  
  28. Success at last!!! I have been making coasters with my DVD-R media up til now. I have tried everything to backup my dvd's and get them to work on my stand alone player. I am using the Sony DRU-500a with dvd-r media. I was able to rip the dvd (always have been) but could not always get nero to work for burning. I tried all the steps mentioned from the others postings but nothing seem to work. I would get the intro to work and then the movie would stop. Now, using Nero (new version 5510) and UDF 2.01, everything works great on my home dvd player. I am aware not all functions work for everyone but this one did for me. I hope this helps someone. Thanks for all the suggestions. :P
    Quote Quote  
  29. HHmm..Ive just noticed that new Nero 5.5.10 under UDF or UDF/ISO has a feature called 'Force DVD-Video compatability (Needed for X-Box)' if u click this then the UDF type options dissapera..Personally I have no real problems just using Neros DVD-Video Mode
    Quote Quote  
  30. This is the process from start to finish. I didn't make this up, it's a collection of the steps needed to make a dvd copy from start to finish and play it on a set top player. I use it on my DRU-500a(SONY) with dvd-r media and it NEVER fails. Burning is done with NERO. There are no pictures but it is so childproof that all you need to do is read. Here goes:

1)Start DVDDecrypter. Choose IFO mode. Choose PGC that you wish to rip in main window.

2)Click on stream processing frame.

3)Check "enable stream processing", this will allow you to check only the movie(usually first check box) and whichever audio stream you want (6ch, 2ch, english, spanish, etc.) and you can also choose subtitles.

4)Check Demux so it will decode to an m2v file and an AC3 file with a small vob and other information if you chose subs.

5)Click on the dvd > h.d. picture and wait it out.

6)Open Ifoedit - at the top select DVD Author

7)Open your new m2v file as the video and your AC3 file as the audio, make sure that there is a destination folder at the bottom that is already created as ifoedit WILL NOT creat folders for you.

8)Ifoedit will go through a multiplexing process that will create all of the files needed to create a dvd but they still need a couple of minor tweaks.

9)Take the resulting VIDEO_TS.IFO and open it in Ifoedit. Now press the region free button. It will possiblly give you a message that there is no given region but it will make the change anyway.

10)Save the new file by pressing save at bottom of ifoedit.

11)To make sure you can control your dvd while playing it (Set top players) we need to remove p-ups. Again load VIDEO_TS.IFO and press the remove P-UPs button on the bottom. Again save the file.

12)IMPORTANT STEP! If you want to make sure that the dvd will play in a set top player rather than just on a pc you must do this! Again load the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and press the get VTS sectors button. It will ask if you want to do this for all IFO's, say yes. BUT, this does not always happen. AFter you do this again save the file and do this same step to all .IFO files in your VIDEO_TS folder. There should be at least one more if not a few. Save after each one. THis is a critical step. You should get a message that states a change in old to new start sectors.

13)Now you're ready to burn. I will use NERO for the example because it is popular and easy if you set it up right.

14)Open NERO and select DVD. WHen you make the DVD selection for what type of DVD choose DVD-ROM(UDF). DO NOT CHOOSE DVD VIDEO, it may or may not work but it is less likely and less compatable that the method done here.

15)USe the default settings but make sure that NO Multisession is ticked and that you are burning a physical partition with UDF 1.02. THis is very important for set top compatability. ONLY USE 1.02.

16)Click new and drag your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders into the left panel. You will have to create these folders yourself and all of your files will need to be in the video folder, the audio one will be empty but needs to be there for structure.

17)Select burn and enjoy!

There ya go. It may seem a little simplified for all you pros but it works. The reason i did it this way was to "back up" a movie that had 2 episodes of a series on one disc and they used vob files that were combined (BAND OF BROTHERS BOX SET). This works great. Hope it helps someone.
    Quote Quote