VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried so many things to no avail. I have captured in moviestar using the default vcd settings and my Sony DV-360 plays the vcd with green blocks flashing all over the place. It plays fine on my pc with vcd softare. I have tried everything from splitting and rejoining the files and it still plays the same. The only way I can make it play properly is to run it through an encoder. why is this? I thought that the mpg dazzle creates is supposed to be vcd compliant. I don't want to have to go through hours of encoding with Tmpegnc to get a compliant vcd. What is wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is actually your DVD Player. Sony as a few other well-known brands only like pure DVD's and VCD's (if that even). Unfortunately your player is very fussy about what it gets. I think you will find that even encoding the finished DVCII VCD stream with TMPGEnc might not work. I have found out that this problem can usually be avoided by using the Panasonic MPEG Encoder. Download the trial version and do a 1 miniute segment of your captured stream.

I know its not exactly what you want, but then again - why did you buy a Sony?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try using a CDRW.
    Quote Quote  
  4. To be honest, when I bought the DVD player I had no idea that I would get into creating vcd's. I bought it purely for watching dvd's. Then I thought, well maybe I can put all of my video's on vcd and get rid of the tapes... So, maybe I should pickup an inexpensive unit that will play svcd and vcd. Thanks for the input...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi All,
    In my case, I converted all my VHS tapes using SVCD template of DVCII to SVCD on CD-R Disks. But I was not able to play them on my TOSHIBA (twin disk DVD player). When I verified the Toshiba manual (I have bought this unit more than a year ago), it clearly says that the unit cannot play CD-R or CD-RW or SVCD. It seems only the latest model support such features.

Finally, I purchased an inexpensive PHILIPS S110 VCD player, which can play CD-R,CD-RW,SVCD and MP3 and now I am able to burn VCD or SVCD or MP3.

So, you may have to look at the sony manual and check this up,whether it can support CD-R VCDs. If it supports then you may try with sony services too.

Regards
    Ramke
    Quote Quote