VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been reading about people having problems with Audio/Video Sync converting Divx files with Variable Bit Rate MP3 audio to MPEG-2 for burning to DVD. Many people have said to save an uncompressed WAV file from VirtualDub and use that in TMPGenc for audio, but that never cured the sync problems for me, so here's what did work:

Open AVI file in Virtualdub.
    There will be an error message if VBR Audio is present about improper VBR encoding.
    Hit OK to Continue.
    Click on Audio menu and select "Full Processing Mode."
    Click on Audio menu and select "Conversion."
    Make sure Sampling Rate is 48000Hz, Precision is 16 bit, Channels is Stereo, if not, change them.
    Click on file menu and select "Save as WAV."
    Name the file and click OK and kick back for a few minutes until finished.
    Click on Video menu and select "Direct Stream Copy."
    Click on Audio menu and select "WAV Audio."
    Choose the WAV file you created earlier.
    Click on File menu and select "Save as AVI", name the file something different and click OK.

After this is done, you have an AVI file with WAV audio (no VBR MP3 anymore) suitable for direct usage with TMPGEnc.

This file will be roughly 2 1/2 times the size of the original AVI.

Just use this AVI file for video and audio in TMPGenc and follow one of the many other guides for TMPGenc.

Have Fun!!!!!!!

Marc
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you do not have to save the wav seperate from video you can save the avi with the processed audio and the direct stream video at the same time from virtualdub, eliminating severeal steps from your guide above
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by secretagent
    you do not have to save the wav seperate from video you can save the avi with the processed audio and the direct stream video at the same time from virtualdub, eliminating severeal steps from your guide above
    Correct !
    Or you can save only the wav file and frameserve the video. Than choose the served video and the saved sound in TMPGenc.
    Best wishes,
    UP
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think, that the best solution is using VirtualDub frameserver (Audi&Video) directly to Tmpeg. It means, that no need to create big wav file. Btw, Tmeg now (since v 2.59.47.155) has HQ audio sample conversation mode
    ---
    R.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks secretagent, guide has been edited. Can't believe I added all these extra steps. Must have been from all the frustration trying to get this to work. You just saved me 10 mins. per movie.

Frameserving????? I have got to look into that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    also, have you just tried to load the new .wav file and the original video directly into tmpgenc

that always works for me
    Quote Quote  
  7. For some reason with variable bit rate audio that causes loss of sync in TMPGenc, at least for me.
    Quote Quote  
  8. This is actually how to do it. Virtualdub defaults to direct stream copy for audio, so when you save the wav its still a vbr mp3.

You MUST click audio>full processing mode, then save as wav in vdub. Then load the video avi and the wav file in tmpgenc. Works every time.

Mar46396, I bet dollars to doughnuts this is what your problem has been.

The key is "Full processing mode" for the audio.....

This can be proven when you have audio direct stream copy and save the wav, itll be small, like for a movie 60-100 or so MB. When full processing mode it properly expands to full size.
    Quote Quote