VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i am trying to encode(tinra) southpark clips but i keep running into the 2 gig limit on avi even though i am running WINME i should have 4 gig limit, i dont want to go to winnt or 2000 cause i am not that computer savvy and i dont want to end up without a computer, and i read that fat32 files arent compatible with the other one. but this is off the top off my head,for realplayer movies: is there away of seperating the audio away from the rm clip so that you have two seperate files, becouse:
    1. you hava two seperate files smaller and maybe be able to get away with just under 2 gigs off what you need.
    i.e. turn the audio into an avi which will problably give you 1.5 gigs and the video into avi wich will do the same and then i think we can take care off the rest with the various programs here for merging them together,for vcd
    2. takes a load off the processor istead of encoding audio and video, video performance will be better in the new avi(more frames, less skipping, etc). two seperate rm files will be better for my computer to handle for processing.

ok if there is anyone out there please read this and help usall, plz let me know what programs i need, i tink i tried everything related to rm files in this forum, and i am about to go crazy trying to figure this out, thanx

Quote Quote  
  2. If you are using that crappy program to convert realmedia forget it. Not worth the time. Download "SnagIt 5" You can make your own avi with any codec you desire. I use it to convert rm's to Divx format. Saves you allot of space. Do you really think that a 2 min RM file should be 2 gigs big just to convert. Delete that crappy program right away.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Almost forgot to tell you. You need to turn off your hardware accell before the capture. Right click on you desk top, Properties, settings, advanced tab, performance, move the slider to the left to none. No you can capture the rm as it plays. When your finished turn the hardware accell back on.
    You can download Snagit 5 just about anywhere, just search for it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. yeah i tried that one and it doesnt work to well the, the sound is alot lower quality than is acceptable and you still have the problem with framerate, i guess nobody knows the answer to this massive problem we are all facing.thanx anyway
    Quote Quote