VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all

I am considering buying either the Panasonic DMR HS2 or E30. However I'm unsure as to what the main differences are between the two. A feature that I really want is the ability to record AVI / DivX movies from my PC. I understand that the HS2 has a FireWire socket so presumably I could use this to record movies from my PC, although I'm not sure as to how or if it would work. Just a few questions I have if anyone could help answer them:-

1) Does the E30 also have a PC connection such as FireWire?

2) Does the E30 also have a hard disk?

3) Does anyone know how to record movies from a PC using FireWire? Is it as easy as just making the connection and playing the movie on the PC while recording on the DVD recorder? Will I need any software to enable the audio and sound from my PC to be transported over the FireWire connection or does it just automatically get transfered when FireWire is connected? I ask this question because normally when I play a movie on my PC with Media Player e.g. the output is to the PC monitor and earphones socket - is there also an Audio/Video output at my PC FireWire socket?

Any help greatly appreciated

dandino
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a E-30 and love it, so far. It does NOT have a firewire input on it like the HS2. The more expensive HS2 has a hard-disk and firewire. It also cost 50% more.

So far I am using my E-30 to record DVDs and my computer burnner to copy them.

What I hope to do someday is add a HS2 or similar later so I can dub between DVD recorders like I can with VHS tapes now, only with better quality. However dubbing between DVD recorders can not be expected to give the same quality as making a digital clone/copy with a burnner.

I hear there are limits on transfering from hard-disk to DVD-r media. That would be something I would have to look into before taking the plunge.

JD
    JD tinkerer pushin' 60,

A real Life Enemy of the State, see Fed case #01-40080, Detroit.

Computers, Electronics, vintage Audio, Photography Film/digital/3D, N-Scale RR, ,

AKA the "Infamouse Joe Walker" ,Join the Navy & see (1/2) the world.
    Quote Quote