VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Looks like Derrow is permanently working for 321 Studios.

Quote:

"JohnODon: I thought I made this clear before. Derrow is ours now. Permanently... [chains rattling in the background, rhmoore tells secretary to throw some more donuts and coffee grounds in the Marlboro room]

Yep! He's not going anywhere

Actually, Derrow will be joining us for our LIVE CONFERENCE CALL later today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert H Moore
    President
    321Studios.Com"
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Will he still continue to develop ifoedit and dvdsplit???

Baldrick
    President
    dvdrhelp.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. I might join the conference call today and see what's up.

It would be a great loss to the community if 321 Studios does not allow him to further develop all the apps that he had written.
    Quote Quote  
  4. A great loss indeed.

DVDXCOPY as far as I'm concerned is a dead end product... Once they annoy someone high enough up the industry hierachy, I am sure they 312 will be sued and an injuction be placed on DVDXCOPY. They "pre-emptive" suit against the motion picture companies was brave, but pointless and has predictably come to nothing...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  5. Looks like dvdsplit is no more and now there is a link to buy dvdxcopy where dvdsplit used to be.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can stil get dvdsplit from - http://ifoedit.wh.fr0zen.com/dvdsplit.html

To bad about DVD X Copy..... $99.99 is much higher than the multiple freeware and $20.00 programs out there that do about the same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Just found out that since dvdsplit is no more those who purchased it for 25.00 get a free dvdxcopy from 321.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is the Ifoedit website gone?? I cannot link to it. I get access refused or time out depending on what browser I use. On Mozilla it says "access refused by MPUcoder".
    Quote Quote  
  9. vitualis said :

"DVDXCOPY as far as I'm concerned is a dead end product... Once they annoy someone high enough up the industry hierachy, I am sure they 312 will be sued and an injuction be placed on DVDXCOPY. They "pre-emptive" suit against the motion picture companies was brave, but pointless and has predictably come to nothing... "

This not all true, there is very good article about this, in new edition (Dec 2002) of "SOUND & VISION " magazine. They talk about this suit and about a recent bill (Digital Choice and Freedom Act.) introduce in Congress from Rep. Rick Boucher. This Digital Choice and Freedom Act is make to protect our rights to make DIGITAL copies of diferent medias, including DVDs and CDs...

Antonio S.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Unfortunately, that is US only.

Furthermore, I would say that the chances of his suit winning is pretty close to zero as what he is asking for is for the courts to basically ignore the whole point of the DMCA. What DVDXCOPY does illegally is not "copying DVD per se", but rather a systematised and commercial means of breaking CSS. Unless 321 studios can get into some sort of deal with the movie studios (i.e., license CSS decryption), I would say it doesn't have much of a chance.

Also, proposed legislation is just that, proposed. It is yet to be law.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!