VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FINALLY!!! Nero's DVD authoring, editing, burning program is available(as a free add-on to Nero Burning Rom):

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1020783351250

what do you guys think of it?

unfortunately a "help" area on Nero's website says that DVDs that Vision authors and burns can only be played on computers, not on standalone DVD players.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So does that mean that they've fixed nero so it burns DVDs that the new Pioneers can play?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it bears a striking resemblance to another well known author app -- but the line about encoding your material would put me off ..

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like Nero. Wonder who's encoder it is or is it their's. Kinda looks like spruceup to me. I'll be intrested in following the story anyway.

***BJ_M I've ordered vegas video, should be in first part of next week! Hope I'm sharp enough to learn it....
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    its nero own encoder and it doesnt come with the program .. you have to buy it seperate (like sonic foundry)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So far I'm not having any luck with it all it doing is after click next after perview the video is crash with the message (The instruction at "0x002506f6" referenced at the "0x01240cd8". The memory could not be "read".) what a dumber.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can't you just use allready encoded MPEG file and use NeroVision just to author (menu, chapters) ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope try AVI, DivX and MPEG nothing work with crashing.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like oppinions about NeroVision Express MPEG2 plug in.
    Better than TMPGEnc? It's half the price and have 2-pass variable bitrate encoding but I'm not sure about final video quality?????????
    Regards,
    JDaCunha
    Quote Quote  
  10. HERE'S THE KICKER...you gotta buy their new plug-in
    for sixteen bucks,the old mpeg/svcd one wont work,
    you gotta get the mpeg2/dvd plugin just to use the
    damn demo to see if you'll pop for the proggie,what
    a bummer of of a trial....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tmpgenc is so cheap @ its price -- i would not believe you would have to find a cheaper solution ... its not that it costs $2000 or something ..

anyway - mpeg2 encoding by nero in the past was really bad .. i guess your saying this is a different encoder now ... i dont understand why you have to buy it seperate if its required for the main app .. or im unclear about this ..
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replyes so far.
    My other question is since NeroVision Express does not allow you to use previously encoded videos (All my MPEG2 videos were encoded using TMPGEnc) could I re-encode MPGEG2 again with Nero MPEG2 plug-in just to test their new software?
    Regards,
    JDaCunha
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't put any faith in a product that requires you to re-encode. As far as I know, no authoring app includes a great encoder (scenarist is supposed to, though). I have a distaste for all-in-one software, because it typically contains at least one faulty link (or I can't afford it :). Built in encoders are usally a convenience feature (and it shows in quality).

Now, if you don't have to encode after you buy the mpeg2 plugin, this could be one of the cheapest authoring packages out there. On the other hand, this looks like what we all were hoping for when nero FIRST put out the VCD menu ability in 5.5. If they continue the trend, we'll have to wait for the next revision for the DVD authoring to be useful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well musher70 I'm trying to build VCD MPEG1 we know it free why can't it do that without crashing and another thing tha Capture button is crash to.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Thorn
    I can't put any faith in a product that requires you to re-encode. As far as I know, no authoring app includes a great encoder (scenarist is supposed to, though). I have a distaste for all-in-one software, because it typically contains at least one faulty link (or I can't afford it :). Built in encoders are usally a convenience feature (and it shows in quality).

Now, if you don't have to encode after you buy the mpeg2 plugin, this could be one of the cheapest authoring packages out there. On the other hand, this looks like what we all were hoping for when nero FIRST put out the VCD menu ability in 5.5. If they continue the trend, we'll have to wait for the next revision for the DVD authoring to be useful.
    the only scenarist encoder im aware of is hardware based and was a package deal as a whole workstation ..
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, anyone know if this new Nero Vision Express supports AC-3 audio? My one beef with Dazzle DVD Complete is it doesn't.
    Quote Quote  
  17. DONT BLAME ME its not my fault....i mostly work
    with dvd workshop, been trying new things though
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not blame you at all musher70 but ahead could have done a better job with this applications I will have agree it look it going to be a very good product when it finsh when ever that is how ever this re-encode dosen't cut it when lots of user all ready have a Hardware MPEG encoder that are compatibility mpeg file.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by musher70
    HERE'S THE KICKER...you gotta buy their new plug-in
    for sixteen bucks,the old mpeg/svcd one wont work,
    you gotta get the mpeg2/dvd plugin just to use the
    damn demo to see if you'll pop for the proggie,what
    a bummer of of a trial....
    Yep.... I agree. It's not Trial if you can't try it, right ? It's like my "trial" of Pinnacle Studio 8. What was I most concern was MPEG2 encoding quality, but (same as NeroVision) "trial" version dosn't have MPEG2 encoding functional. NeroVision goes further... "Buy plug-in to try trial ?!?!!?"
    Quote Quote  
  20. I've been waiting for this too, but dang, I hope the limitations are either because it's beta or it's a trial.

For one thing, there's no way to specify the source for video capture! How crazy is that?

I also tried importing a VCD MPEG file recorded with ATI's MMC capture software. It's probably bigger than a single CD, so maybe it's re-encoding it without saying. All I know is, it gets about halfway through the file and then just sits there...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by musher70
    you gotta buy their new plug-in
    for sixteen bucks,the old mpeg/svcd
    Correct would be $24 as you would want the DVD plugin
    (SVCD is included with this one)

https://secure.nero.com/en/Secure.asp

I emailed Ahead and they said if NeroVison-Express (trial) detects
    fullversion of Nero-rom, it will install itself as full version.

If you want more than VCD, you still need to buy the plugin.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by tonyp12
    I emailed Ahead and they said if NeroVison-Express (trial) detects fullversion of Nero-rom, it will install itself as full version.
    Do you know if "bundled" versions means "full" version ? Or what would be difference other than I can't use budled without CD-RW that it came with ?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Bundled versions are if I'm not mistaking full version OEM's

http://www.nero.com/en/content/c1004602918150.html#4
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have to agree it's pretty useless without buying the extra DVD encoder.

Considering I already have TMPGEnc, Womble MPEG2VCR, and the encoders built into DVD Complete and DVD Workshop, I already have more MPEG2 encoders than I know what to do with. I'm not gonna spring for yet another one.

Bummer.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I'm not ready to pay another "surprise" $24 to use it either.

I feel tricked and think not including it into Vision is deception on their part.

bummer
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi Everyone I was so happy when I finnaly Vision Express was there. I've already bought the MPEG 2 DVD plug in a couple of weeks ago, but as soon as when I added some movies and I click next, vision express stops. What a desillusion. I've tried reinstalling everything but my hopes are zero.
    Fortunately I got response of Sonic MyDvd to my question of missing audio and they will send me the update of Mydvd 3.1 so hopefully my problems are over then. But I feel cheated by Nero because I've bought the plug-in for nothing because it doesn't work. Petra
    Quote Quote  
  27. Nothing in life is free. The website has the authoring S/W free - works until January. And you still have to buy the CODEC if you want to actually burn something...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by digiflix
    Nothing in life is free. The website has the authoring S/W free - works until January. And you still have to buy the CODEC if you want to actually burn something...
    You can smoke for free if you will sit in smoking area in restaurant

I just couldn't resist
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by donpedro
    Originally Posted by digiflix
    :o Nothing in life is free. The website has the authoring S/W free - works until January. And you still have to buy the CODEC if you want to actually burn something... :o :o
    You can smoke for free if you will sit in smoking area in restaurant :lol:

I just couldn't resist :oops:

no thats just an extended loan ... with a one time nasty payment at the end
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used NeroVision (got it on a CD when I bought Nero5) last night to encode an avi and burn as VCD. It took 6 hours to encode and burn (tmpgenc took 2.5 hours to encode this file.)

The menu looked great and the picture was good too, but there was no sound at all.

I have never had a VCD lose the sound before using tmpgenc to encode then burning with Nero, VCDEasy, or Movie Factory.

I think I'll stay with tmpgenc for a while longer.
    Quote Quote