VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recorded some shows onto the HDD of the HS2, and then when I had enough material, I burnt them to a DVD-R. I tried to rip one of the shows for a friend off of the DVD-R, but it didnt work. I used Smart Ripper to rip the .vob files, and I tried TMPEnc to transcode to VCD. It only made it about a minute through the file, and even then, there was no sound. I am prolly just making a dumb mistake seeings how I am new to all this. If anyone could help, it would be great. Thanks...
    --Drew
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you just tried to copy the files to the hd(dont use smartripper) and then convert? Cause they should not be encrypted.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No I havent, but I will try that. Thanks for the tip... I will let you know how it comes out...
    --Drew
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I am still getting no sound. I load the .vob into TMPEnc, and it doesnt show an audio source... Is there a different way to do this? I mean there has to be something besides TMPEnc that can do this. Sorry if its a dumb question, I am a newb. Thanks Baldrick... any suggestions would be appreciated.
    --Drew
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    use dvd2avi as a frameserver and open in tmpgenc
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/sefy/?id=frameserv1.html
    Quote Quote