VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43
FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
Results 1,261 to 1,282 of 1282
Thread
  1. man, this post has gottn buried. Anything new from anyone on the DVD2DVDR front? I am still very thrilled using 1.4.6 ..but am really waiting for either IFOEdit to be updated to allow for auto-authoring on NTSC films..or at least the newer versions being perfectly compatible with Scenarist...anyone know of any current news?
    Quote Quote  
  2. With derrow having joined the DVDXCopy devellopment team, I very much doubt ifoEdit will ever be updated.

I think he should actually release the source code, so others could fix the remaining bugs, and maybe even improve it somehow.
    ddlooping
    For DVD Shrink guides & goodies: DVDShrink.info
    My "other" site: Teaching-Tools
    Quote Quote  
  3. yea 1.4.9a is out...supposedly subtitles now work in Scenarist...will test soon when I get a chance.
    Quote Quote  
  4. yea, I know..I wasn't expecting Derrow to find time to continue the project..but hopefully sooner or later someone else can. @Mrbass...please report your results with Scenarist and version 1.4.9a of DVD2DVDR....that would be nice to see those subs finally in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  5. mrbass, defense, can one edit AC3 files with Scenarist?
    If not, do you know of any softwares that would enable me to do so?
    I just would like to "fade-out" the music on the end-credits when I crop them.
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  6. i'm not positive but i'm pretty sure you can fade out an .AC3 track with Scenarist. I know it has a seperate .AC3 encoder program and you can select the starting and ending times as well as numerous other functions. I have been waiting for DVD2DVDR to work flawlessly with Scenarist before I get into it..maybe Mr. Bass could specify more...but even if Scenarist doesn't have the option..which im pretty sure it does..but if it doesn't..I would think there would be numerous programs that would do what you are looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the reply, defense.

I have been to Scenarist's official site and didn't see any mention of being able to trully edit the AC3. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a trial version either.

The results from other posts I've lead me to believe there's no available software to edit AC3.
    The only proposed solution was to convert it to .wav files, to edit them, and then to encode back to AC3. This would bring a considerable loss of quality. I guess its due to the compression algorithm applied to AC3.

Oh well, nevermind.
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  8. Looks like there is no much going on with DVD2DVDR these days. It has been a while since the last upgrade. Has anyone heard if the problems with subtitles are being looked at? I am still using version 1.4.5 and it seems to work well except for subtitles. I have not seen much on Chat's site either.

Any word on if 1.4.9a made any improvements?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. Just tried version 1.4.9a. I get an error message "subscript out of range" right after starting the Rip command. The change log for this version states this has been corrected. Has anyone been able to run this version with subscripts without this error? Program still works great without subscripts.

PS: Thanks Wayne for the download!
    Experience without knowledge is just time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Version 1.5.0 is now available.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ver 1.5.0 [14.07.2003]
    - now using EclCCE 1.5c
    - support for Cinemacraft Encoder Basic 2.67.01.12 and 2.67.01.13 added
    - support for Cinemacraft Encoder SP 2.67.00.11 Trial added
    - copyright-protected DVD's are not longer supported

The last changement im interested in

Still we always got dvd decrypter

Mirror of 1.5.0 will be on my site shortly.
    http://dvd.coldpie.com - where you can download versions of DVD2DVDR.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by wayned16

The last changement im interested in

Still we always got dvd decrypter
    Why waste the time using DVD Decrypter when AnyDVD will do it real time?

AnyDVD will decrypt the protected data "on the fly". As a result you'll have an unprotected DVD in your hands.

Features
    Removes encryption (CSS) and region code (RPC) from DVDs
    Removes analogue copy protection (Macrovision)
    Removes prohibited user operations and other limitations
    Works as a driver in the background
    Decrypts WITHOUT having to save the data onto the hard disk
    Decrypts "on the fly"
    Works with all DVDs
    Works with all DVD-drives, no matter what region code it has
    Works with every DVD copying and player software (e.g. CloneDVD

21 day free trial:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
    Quote Quote  
  13. Has anyone tried 1.5.0 yet? I tried it this weekend but still had problems with sub titles. The program completed and created the scenarist script, but when I tried to run Scenarist, I kept getting an error. Something about exceeding sequence.

I also tried the anydvd program. It does work, but DVD2DVDR is still slow when ripping straight from the DVD. I found it quicker to rip to the HD and then run the program. Still a good deal if you just want to run through the night and do not care about the extra rip time.

Thanks
    Experience without knowledge is just time.
    Quote Quote  
  14. hmmm, new version of dvd2dvdr is not that good.

Ver 1.5.0 [14.07.2003]
    - now using EclCCE 1.5c
    - support for Cinemacraft Encoder Basic 2.67.01.12 and 2.67.01.13 added
    - support for Cinemacraft Encoder SP 2.67.00.11 Trial added

if it doesnt support copyright protected dvds, then how are we supposed to backup our dvds with it?

I stick with the old version 1.4.9.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by mob
    if it doesnt support copyright protected dvds, then how are we supposed to backup our dvds with it?
    couldn't you use a separate ripping tool (i.e. smartripper or dvddecryptor) to remove the encryption
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thats what I do anyway even if DVD2DVDR did support encrypted dvds, Simple reason being it took to long to rip.

Personally I think chatwalker took this option out to cover his own back, AND because it took to long to rip the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  17. DVD2DVDR 1.5.3 online, havent tried it yet just let all ya know its out, be on my web site in about 1hr. http://dvd.coldpie.com will be down for at least 24hrs, DNS update. so use http://kickme.to/dvd2dvdr

thanks

Ver 1.5.2 [01.10.2003]
    - support for Cinemacraft Encoder Basic 2.67.01.14 added

Ver 1.5.3 [05.10.2003]
    - support for Cinemacraft Encoder Basic 2.67.01.15 added
    - support for Cinemacraft Encoder Basic 2.67.01.16 added
    - support for Cinemacraft Encoder Basic 2.67.01.17 added
    Quote Quote  
  18. is 1.5.3 really out?... only see 1.5.1 on those links hmm,, thinking about trying this proggy out finally
    Quote Quote  
  19. god damn.. just wrote a long reply and I was asked to log in again and my text disappeard.....

for short,, I´ve tried the latest 1.5.3 (my first try), it was good but the subpicture was fatty green as I am sure everyone have found out.

-took me about 5 hours to do, using a mounted ISO on Daemon Tools
    - used the default settings and the end size came out to 4,32 GB (4,64GB)
    - I had to manually put in the audio, video, subs and some text files after the demuxing.. is that really neccesary tho? I think it could do that automatically, but oh well

I have an Athlon 1000 so maybe that causes the long amount of time taken.

Looking very good tho chatwalkers, read at the very beginning of this thread and skipped the middle part... lol.. was getting tooo much. As someone said. "Need a vaccation to read all the 32 pages"

So... now I have looked at the expert mode... I have always PAL movies so I should perhaps chose the MPEG decoder which shall not be used with NTSC

and another question... is the "MB reserved" for how much space I would like on the DVD disc?

/keep up the good work chatwalkers, in time this proggy will beat all the other competitors
    Quote Quote  
  20. I haven't use dvd2dvdr for a while. Yesterday I decide to use it on a movie, but when DVD2DVDR have ripped the movie and start the Cinema Craft Encoder nothing happens. Usually Cinema Craft Encoder will start automatic, but the window just pop up and it did not start to encode.

What is the problem???
    Quote Quote  
  21. Here's a free online German to English translator . It works pretty good. Just select "free Translation" and German to english at the top
    Quote Quote  
  22. Does IfoEdit v0.96 fix the problems with the timing issues for NTSC movies with pulldown?
    Quote Quote