VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 43
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. yea, im having the same problem. someone please help!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I was having the same error you guys are having but on Win2K. I fixed my problem by installing SP3. According to their site, XP is supported:

"· What are the requirements for DVD2DVD-R to run on my system?

Basically DVD2DVD-R runs on all Windows2000(at service pack 3)/XP systems. A fast CPU is of large advantage. A NTFS-Partition with sufficiently free memory location should stand to the decree. A DVD-ROM drive is also required. "

Are you getting the error right in the beginning? If so, it is telling you that the installer need to update files on your system. After that, it will ask if you want to reboot. I tried this, but it didn't work for me (Win2K though). Give it a shot.

John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i hit ok to install and it throws up some kind of error during attempted install....i dunno if anyone can help just let me know...maybe i need a german translation book...lol....im goin to try and figure it out somehow..i tried downloading windows updates from microsoft for xp service package 1 but nothing yet......thanks, rnoski
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is what I used: http://www.babblefish.com/babblefish/bfish_lang.htm

I was able to copy and paste...you won't be able to do that....start typing!

John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, write down the messages here and Ì'll translate them into english. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  6. This app is a good start, but it needs to be overhauled...

I tried to make a backup of Harry Potter using this DVD2DVDR and it took it 4 hours to rip to my HD ..! Using DVD Decrypter it takes 30 mins...

Anyway, sure enough, it didn't like my CCE 2.64. I do have an archive of my old copy of CCE 2.50, but it didn't have an installer; it just unzips to a folder and you run it there. I ran it, and checked the registry to see if it stuck it's new path in there, but it didn't. Before starting another test that will take 4 hours to get to the CCE part, does anyone know if/how it will find the CCE it wants? Has anyone had luck with this app?
    Quote Quote  
  7. 4 Hours seems a *tad* extreme. I am looking at 4 hours to rip and do a 2 pass VBR encode on "Bad Company". Not sure what happened to you there!

Anyways, as far as CCE 2.50, I am guessing it just looks in a certain path. On my machine, it is installed in: C:\Program Files\Custom Technology\Cinema Craft Encoder SP. I think as long as the EXE is there, you may be OK. Or does CCE 2.66 install to the same path?

Also, I read a blurb on the DVD2DVD-R forum (translated) that asked about using a ripper like DVDDecrypter to rip to HD first, and then using Daemon tools to mount the directory. I didn't read far enough to see if someone actually did it.

mrhua, if you try this, can you post your results?

Thanks,

John
    Quote Quote  
  8. Is it possibly to copy the hole dvd at once? I cant choose more than one "PGC" in one "VTS"... And if I do them one at a time, will the dvd be an exact copy of the original?

thanks
    Z
    Quote Quote  
  9. Can this tool work with Tmpgenc or you have to have CCE ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. does this program copy the entire disc with menus and all... like will it copy band of brothers or sapranos with multiple episodes and multiple menus on on dvd

also i heard this program will only do PAL? is that true?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by KradLrobR
    Also, I read a blurb on the DVD2DVD-R forum (translated) that asked about using a ripper like DVDDecrypter to rip to HD first, and then using Daemon tools to mount the directory. I didn't read far enough to see if someone actually did it.
    Yes, ripping to HD as an ISO and then mounting with Daemon works. The final DVD plays fine with PowerDVD, and on my Apex 5131. Even burned it on my new Sony 500A. Another fine program to add to, DVDDecrypter, IfoEdit and DVDSplit. Who needs those $100 programs.
    Quote Quote  
  12. the newest release(1.2.0) works with ntsc just make sure you uncheck upper field first on the encoder options.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Solved downgrade to CCE 2.5. It is in the default instalation path and was found ok by dvd2dvd-r.

Finished a test with Coyote this night, some reencoding needed to slightly reduce video size. I will check today if burns and reads ok in my tabel DVD. On the computer I still have chapters and menus as the original.

It took the same time to rip as with dvddecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi all

first let me say:

- Version 1.2.0 supports NTSC
    - with W2K you also need Servicepack3
    - with XP it should work without any Servicepack
    - in most cases you have to uncheck 'Upper Field first' for interlaced movies
    - DVD2DVD-R requires CCE 2.50
    - rippingspeed depends on your hardware. Never use the burner to rip, because it's horrible slow
    - always use 'Get VTS Sectors' on a new authored DVD-Layout
    - never burn DVD's with Nero. Use InstantCD/DVD or RecordnowMax

I hope you enjoy my little piece of soft.

Chatwalker
    Quote Quote  
  15. plz what is best iDCT algorithm for Pentium 4???
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi loutka

The '32-bit SSE2' use an optimized mpeg2dec.dll by trbarry for P4, but i wasn't able to determine a speed advantage to '32-bit SSE MMX'.

The '64-bit Floating Point' is a little bit more accurate, but takes more time.

The 'IEEE-1180 Reference' may have a bug and is very slow.

Chatwalker
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi Chat. Nice to see you on the forum. You have put together an outstanding product! What makes it even nicer is that we can now get non-German support!

I have one problem. The ripping process is working great. It seems that when I burn the resulting files, they will play on my settop player fine...until I hit "skip chapter". It will play about 7 or 8 seconds of the next chapter, start to pixelate, then freeze. If I let the movie play thru from the beginning, it plays fine. It does this on 2 settop boxes (both Pioneer) but does not do it in a DVD-ROM. I wanted to blame it on cheap media, but DVDs that I rip/burn using DVDDecrypter work flawlessly.

I have been using Imgtool99 to burn my DVDs. I believe this uses the Nero API. Why do you suggest against using Nero? Could this be causing my problem?

Thanks,

John

BTW...would you consider creating an *Official* DVD2DVD-R support thread in this forum?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi

I heard from a lot of users that they have problems with their burned DVD's on a standalone when using NERO. These problems never occur to people who uses InstantCD/DVD or RecordnowMAX 4.1.

Also it is very important to do 'Get VTS Sectors' on a new authored Layout.

My way to burn is ( and i never had problems on my Panasonic):
    - after authoring 'Get VTS Sectors' with IfoEdit (after authoring close IfoEdit and start it again to do 'Get VTS Sectors' !!!!)
    - imagecreation with ImageTools by Coujo
    - burning with InstantCD/DVD 6.22 (UDF Video DVD-Image)

Chatwalker
    Quote Quote  
  19. Excellent! I am going to try it right now. I always make sure I do "Get VTS Sectors". Hopefully it is Nero that is causing me problems.!

John
    Quote Quote  
  20. "6. leave Audio delay always on 0"

Does this mean that DVD2DVD-R takes care of delays, if any, in the AC3's?
    Quote Quote  
  21. can someone post a quick user guide from start to finish on how to rip / burn a dvd with this prog... settings defined with each step? from what i gather this program will keep everything on the original dvd... menus, and extras, correct?
    Quote Quote  
  22. @phineaz

DVD2DVD-R removes the delay from AC3-, DTS-, PCM- and MPEG1-Audiostreams. It also removes bad audioframes like AC3Fix.

@jhharck

The menus won't be kept.

Greetz
    Chatwalker
    Quote Quote  
  23. Another question for you chat. I have seen this a few times now. When AudioCheck is running, it will report the following at the bottom:

"Repaired Bad Frames = 22"
    "Final Wrongness = -1514".

In the logfile, I will get a bunch of errors that say something like:

"C:\THE_CROW\Audio_0x80_English_Normal.AC3 11:47:38 AM found bad Audioframe in".

Whenever I get these errors, the authoring process in Ifoedit will produce the following error during the "Multiplexing elementary stream files":

"INTERNAL ERROR: additional data required but no free space in input buffer"

In the log window in Ifoedit, it says that "Stream 0x88 completed, Frames: 122727".

If I click OK, it seems to continue, but I have never made it far enough to know if the final product still works.

Any ideas?

John
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi KradLrobR

22 bad audioframes are too much. Check the jumpersettings (Master/Slave) of your HDD and DVD-ROM.

Chatwalker
    Quote Quote  
  25. Actually, my DVD drive is in a USB 2.0 enclosure. BTW...I know you say this is a bad...but I am using my DVD recorder for ripping. Speed isn't that bad. I can rip a standard DVD5 in about 20 minutes.

But could the USB 2.0 be causing my problems as far as the bad frames?

K
    Quote Quote  
  26. Had no problems installing with XP pro

My only problem was when I play back my test film the soundtrack is only available for half the film this could be my doing though and I shall test another backup tonight

My Rips using this utility are taking twice as long as with any other programe, I can live with this as I just start the process and let it get on with it overnight.

Had no problems burning with Nero
    Quote Quote  
  27. ChatWalker, this is a fantastic piece of software. Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us.

Just realized about your indication not to use Nero. I have finished one test, which plays ok from the hard disk and fits nicelly in one DVD; I have burn with Nero, and in my table DVD it hangs in the last chapter. Maybe this has something to do with Nero, or just my table DVD does not like completely DVD+RW media. I´ll check with one of the programs that you recommend.

One suggestion: probably many of us will let the computer during the night in the process of ripping and reencoding, which takes a few hours: maybe you could add an option for an automatic shut down of the computer after the process is finish, like with TMPGEnc.

Keep the good work
    Quote Quote  
  28. @Luis

When your Copy hangs in the last few chapters it seems to be a problem with the media or temperature.

Be sure that there is enough airflow in your computercase when burning.

What standalone? Is the Disc hot/warm when you remove it from the player? Many players have problems to read the disc if they are hot.

Chatwalker
    Quote Quote  
  29. Thnx for quick answer
    nother q : my friend have AMD Athlon 1G what algorithm its bets for that??
    Quote Quote  
  30. Chatwalker GREAT program. One problem though, how do I keep it from creating a file to big to fit on a DVD-R, and two is it possible to load a file from the harddrive instead of the DVD
    Quote Quote