VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Has anyone given the DVD2DVDR software a try? I haven't heard of anyone commenting on it... It looks good, and although the installer is all in German , the app is in English.... it's homepage seems to be

http://www.dvd2dvd-r.de/index.php

but I managed to download it from

http://www.magazinwelt.de/forum/software.html

It looks promising !!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am currently playing with this tool. I have one problem however...it will not install and the error message is in German. But it during the VB wraper install and gives me a familiar message about it needs to update components on my machine. I tell it OK and it wants to reboot. Next time I log into my machine a start the installer again, it gives me the same message.

I finally resorted to extracting the CAB file and putting the contents into a "DVD2DVDR" folder under "C:\Program Files". I am able to launch the program and I am ripping now. However I do not know if all necessary components have registered correctly since I did not use the installer. I will let you know in about an hour. I am trying "8 Legged Freaks" right now...which once you strip out extra audio and subs, it will fit on 1 DVDR without re-encoding.

Stay tuned...

John
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just figured out the problem with the installer. it requires SP3 for Win2K. I'm dl'ing it now...will update everyone later.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Uau! It rocks!

Instalation is a little confusing. After that even a newbie like me could made a backup in 3 steps without never tried before Ifoedit.

Basically DVD2DVD-R allows to select what we want to rip, if after that the size is still above 4.7 Gb it determines automatically the bitrate for reeenconding, reencodes and produces an Ifoedit output. With Ifoedit we have just to start a new project, load files already on disk one by one, and produce the DVD image. Then burn and its done.

I have tryed Blade Runner, didīt need reencoding, worked nicely. I am now trying Coyote Bar, which will need reencoding. Hope works well.

Easier than this is difficult, it replaces lots of intermediate steps and different software. Hope that encoding algorithm is so good as CCE.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Luis,

When you created the new project in InfoEdit, did you need to reload the IFO and "Get VTS Sectors". I was unable to create a new project in Gear until I did this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, it worked directly, just loaded the video, sound and subtitles files.

Had a problem now: after ripping Coyote when was starting to reencode it looked for CCE 2.5 on my computer, but I have 2.66 and didīnt find it, aborted at this stage.

It seems I have to look for CCE 2.5...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Great package I just did episode 2. It re-enocded the movie and everything. All that was left to be done was autor in ifoedit and burn.

It does require cce 2.50.
    Quote Quote  
  8. just got this info from the forum: http://www.dvd2dvd-r.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=eBoard&file=viewthread&tid=74

This explains the steps needed for IfoEdit authoring.

Here is a rough translation:

---------------------------
    1. start - IfoEdit 0.95

2. Select - menu 'DVD Author' -> 'Author new DVD'

3. in the field 'video' enter the path to the file 'Video_0xE0_NEW.M2V'

4. in the field 'Audio' the paths to the files 'Checked_Audio_0x??_????????.???'

5. Adjust - each Audio delay once dialings and in the Dropdownliste the language

6. leave Audio delay always on 0

7. in the field 'Subpicture' the paths to the files 'Subtitle_0x2?_????????.SUP'

8. Adjust - each Subpicture delay once dialings and in the Dropdownliste the language

9. in the field 'Scene Changes/Chapters' the path to the file 'CellTimes. txt'

10. in the field 'Destination' a path to a file 'VIDEO_TS', generated will should in that the DVD

11. Click 'OK'

12. Now the DVD is designed. Subtitles were inserted, the colors must be copied out of that 'ORIGINAL. IFO' into the newly generated Ifo.

13. click 'Open' and select the file 'ORIGINAL. IFO'

14. Mark - in the upper window of IfoEdit that 'ORIGINAL. IFO' and select the PGC under VTS_PGCITI, which was copied with DVD2DVD-R

15. Select - menu 'Subtitle Color' -> 'Copy Colors from this PGC'

16. Mark - in the upper window of IfoEdit the new place 'VTS_01_0.IFO' and select the PGC 1 under VTS_PGCITI

17. Select - menu 'Subtitle Color' -> 'paste Colors to this PGC'

18. click 'Save'

19. Close - IfoEdit

20. Start - IfoEdit

21. click 'Open' and select the new place file 'VTS_01_0.IFO'

22. click 'Get VTS Sectors'

23. Generate or burn now image.

-----------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!

BTW...what are you guys using to burn?

John
    Quote Quote  
  9. BTW...my first attempt seemed to work OK. Plays in DVD-ROm fine. However, when I tried in a settop player, it was very eratic...blocky, pixelated, freezes.

I am starting over and making sure I follow the steps outlined above. I am hoping that it was messed up only becasue I used an +RW and the older player didn't like it much.

John
    Quote Quote  
  10. I am using the new IMGTOOLS that can be gotten at www.doom9.org.

They have an easy burn procedure now.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Oh well....just tried my first disc in my Pioneer DV434 and it wigged out just the same. It will play about 7 or 8 seconds of each chapter, then it freezes.

I am using Gear Pro to burn the disc...that *shouldn't* be an issue. Also, I am doing 8 Legged Freaks (hideous movie), but it does not require any re-encoding. This kinda limits the number of things that could be wrong.

Like I said, I am starting over now that I have good IfoEdit instructions right from the author of DVD2DVD-R.

I'll post my results.

John
    Quote Quote  
  12. NYPlayer,

How was the quality of SWE2 after the re-encode? Can you share your settings at the bottom (in teh encode section)?

Thanks,

John
    Quote Quote  
  13. I used the default settings the only thing I changed was Instead of vbr I changed to CBR. Quality was great. I chose CBR for faster encode time to make sure it worked.
    Quote Quote  
  14. does 2 pass VBR produce better quality?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by NYPlayer
    I am using the new IMGTOOLS that can be gotten at www.doom9.org.

They have an easy burn procedure now.
    I tried it on my Win XP Pro but the program never starts. What are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  16. It uses Nero's ASPI so u must have nero installed.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I do have Nero installed, latest version. When I double click it just does nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I am trying to use the latest ImgTool 0.99.1
    Quote Quote  
  19. I am using VER 0.99 and have no problem. I am on XP pro. Its working I have no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Works NP for me...but I am using Win2K.
    Quote Quote  
  21. KradLrobR

That quick translation u posted worked like a charm the subtitles are selectable
    Quote Quote  
  22. heh...and I'm not even German (well a little bit)!

Sometimes Bablefish *can* do an OK job.

BTW...I am still having some issues with playing the finished product on a settop player. I am going to give Imgtool a try. Maybe Gear is screwing me up!

NYPlayer...how long did it take you to rip SWE2 (from start to finish - rip and CBR encode)?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Is there any special way to install ImgTool 0.99.1 ?
    I just extracted and tried to execute. Really bugging me since I can use an older version.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I've had problems using this with Maestro and Scenarist to keep menus and other procedured because the software is designed for PAL disks not NTSC. It reports (using BLADE II as an exapmle) the worng play length because of the PAL coding. So when you go to import chapters and things in maestro it comes out all goofed up. I gave up and am just using Ifoedit, VOBedit and Rempeg2. It would be a great program if it was NTSC compatible though. I would love it if Derrow or some other DVD guru wold slap DVDXCOPY, DVD2DVDR and Nero all tgether in one great software program. From what I hear that is the next step if the Feds do't stop them.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by KradLrobR
    BTW...my first attempt seemed to work OK. Plays in DVD-ROm fine. However, when I tried in a settop player, it was very eratic...blocky, pixelated, freezes.

I am starting over and making sure I follow the steps outlined above. I am hoping that it was messed up only becasue I used an +RW and the older player didn't like it much.

John
    I saw a post in a different forum earlier from someone who had the exact same problem ... he said that it went away when he unchecked the "upper field first" checkbox from the encode options ... perhaps you need to reverse whatever option you tried?

Good luck; let us know your success. I'm happy backing-up single layer dvds with DVD Decryptor's ISO read and ISO write; I'm interested in an easy way (meaning less user interaction) way to backup dual layer (> 4.5gb) dvds to one dvdr. This app seems oh-so-promising ..
    Quote Quote  
  26. Tryed again, it does not work with CCE 2.66. Damn!

Anyone knows how to find the older 2.5 version?

Tx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Apeman:

Your problem sounds like the issues the old one was having before he updated it... what version of DVD2DVDR are you using? What version of CCE with it?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by mrhua
    Originally Posted by KradLrobR
    BTW...my first attempt seemed to work OK. Plays in DVD-ROm fine. However, when I tried in a settop player, it was very eratic...blocky, pixelated, freezes.

John
    I saw a post in a different forum earlier from someone who had the exact same problem ... he said that it went away when he unchecked the "upper field first" checkbox from the encode options ... perhaps you need to reverse whatever option you tried?

Good luck; let us know your success. I'm happy backing-up single layer dvds with DVD Decryptor's ISO read and ISO write; I'm interested in an easy way (meaning less user interaction) way to backup dual layer (> 4.5gb) dvds to one dvdr. This app seems oh-so-promising ..
    Thanks mrhua.

The problem is that this was happening on a DVD that did not require encoding...so that rules the options at the bottom out. I am wondering if it has something to due with the fact that it is a +RW media. Is it possible that it is finding old data on the disc? Isn't doing a "Quick Erase" enough to burn a new disk?

Luis, you can get CCE 2.50 from doom9.org in teh downloads (make sure you click "show more titles" and the end of one of the sections to expand then search teh page.

John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    does anyone know hot to get this program to load on windows xp ? i keep gettting some kind of error when i try to install but of course i do not speak german! that might help a little. can anyone please give me some assistance with this problem??? please! i am anxious to try out this program thanks, rnoski
    Quote Quote