VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some quicktime mpegs that I want to make into vcd with toast. Some of them I have work fine first time but other ones come up with an error message in toast along the lines of please use a video encoder to make this a mpeg.

To do this I used fmpegX and the very first time I tried this I did it. However I have tried several times since and I have not been able to do it again. Each time I try it now the image is stretched in some way or another or there are really big pauses in the video. There must be a simple setting because I have done it once! The video file I am playing with is in NTSC 29.97 frames with the pixels 320 by 240. All I want to do is just run it through ffmpegX to just get a quicktime that I can use with toast. This means the end file should look exactly like the original file except it can be used in toast.

Of course if anyone else can suggest why quicktimes from the same source should sometimes be easy to use in toast and other times not AND suggest an easier (and quicker) way of sorting it other than using ffmpegX please do. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi you should have have to use ffmepgX to do what you are trying to do... Please see my post here for the steps and the tool you need

http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122735
    Kevin

Webmaster of Gatesisthedevil.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the tip it seems to work! I have one question though. How do I put more than 1 mpeg on a vcd? I tried siomply renaming the .img files I had so that I put vcd.img 1, 2, 3, 4 and so forth. However when I put the vcd in my dvd player it only played the first mpeg. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your Welcome and the your new question is very easy to do

When you are making your XML file just add muti files that simple. VCDtoolX will make the .img files for you and name them too. Just remember to leave out all the pregap files and drag them in order. It will look something like this.

videocd1.img, videocd2.img, videocd3.img, videocd4.img... ect on however many track you have added.
    Kevin

Webmaster of Gatesisthedevil.com
    Quote Quote