VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thought I read somewhere that PRINCO DVD-R's are good quality?
    I bought a spindel 50 pcs DVD-R certified 1-speed in a local store, and the shop-owner told me they could be burned at 2-speed.
    Seems that my friend, who bought his disks in the same store, can burn the discs at 2-speed with his Pioneer 04 writer.
    Using different burnproggies my Sony won't write them at more then 1-speed
    Anyone else got more luck?
    Seems there are Princo's certified 2-speed? Saw them in an online shop...

-BK-
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to find good media to burn at 2-speed or faster...

Anyone tried to burn DVD-R's from http://www.cdr-by-mail.co.uk/acatalog/CDR_By_Mail_DVD_R_21.html with a SONY DRU500?

-BK-
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by -BK-
    Thought I read somewhere that PRINCO DVD-R's are good quality?
    I bought a spindel 50 pcs DVD-R certified 1-speed in a local store, and the shop-owner told me they could be burned at 2-speed.
    Seems that my friend, who bought his disks in the same store, can burn the discs at 2-speed with his Pioneer 04 writer.
    Using different burnproggies my Sony won't write them at more then 1-speed
    Anyone else got more luck?
    Seems there are Princo's certified 2-speed? Saw them in an online shop...

-BK-
    After one batch of Prodisc 2X DVD-Rs worked with my DRU-500A, I ordered 30 (different vendor and first ones were a few months old - different batch.
    The new batch all failed.
    I am getting them exchanged for 30 2X Princo DVD-Rs (since they had sent me a Princo 2X sample which burned at 2X with my DRU-500A and RecordNow).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VEFF
    ...since they had sent me a Princo 2X sample which burned at 2X with my DRU-500A and RecordNow.
    So the answer to my question is "YES"!

Seems these DVD-R's are similar to the 2-speed Princo's? Anyone tested these?

-BK-
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have 200 Princo 2x DVD-R with white thermal printing surface that the DRU500 wont even burn to. I've tried every buring package out there.
    The unit just keeps spitting them out.
    The same DVD-R's burn excellent in my Pioneer A04.
    I can burn other brand DVD media in my DRU500 but not the Princo.
    Called Sony, they said that the DRU500 doesn't support that media.

Steve
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by -BK-
    ...since they had sent me a Princo 2X sample which burned at 2X with my DRU-500A and RecordNow.
    So the answer to my question is "YES"!

Seems these DVD-R's are similar to the 2-speed Princo's? Anyone tested these?

-BK-
    The Princo 2X DVD-R discs that I burned to successfully have a GLOSSY white top (just like the top that some of the DVDPro discs have).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Princo 2X DVD-R discs that I burned to successfully have a GLOSSY white top
    Is it white with "PRINCO DVD-R For Data & Video General 1x 2x" pressed on it?

-BK-
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by -BK-
    The Princo 2X DVD-R discs that I burned to successfully have a GLOSSY white top
    Is it white with "PRINCO DVD-R For Data & Video General 1x 2x" pressed on it?

-BK-
    It does not have any writing on it.
    Just a white glossy top.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VEFF:"Just a white glossy top".
    Seems there are different PRINCO's 2-speed on the market!?
    Here in Belgium they are labeled "For Data & Video 1x 2x" as described above. Wasn't able to test them yet...

-BK-
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by -BK-
    VEFF:"Just a white glossy top".
    Seems there are different PRINCO's 2-speed on the market!?
    Here in Belgium they are labeled "For Data & Video 1x 2x" as described above. Wasn't able to test them yet...

-BK-
    I would not be surprised if that were the case.
    I hope they work for you.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I just bought 25 Princo disk with white glossy on top and none of them work. It's only 1X. I got it from here: http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/P-DVDR-4.7-GENPrinco.html

I got 5 coasters from them. I'm searching for some cheap 2X media.
    Some said this works on the Sony DRU-500A at Meritline:
    http://www.meritline.com/mer47dvmed2x.html

I might order 25 to see.
    Quote Quote  
  12. try the new frim ware update which is to support more media and increase the Write speed. There are some forms that discuss this in here.
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tested Princo 2x (White top + printed: "For Data & Video 1x 2x" on it) sold in a local shop in Belgium...
    They won't burn at 2-speed using RecordNow/Nero 5.5.9.17
    I already updated my drive with the new firmware.

Is there anyone who was able to test Whitelabel Generation 4 DVD-R 2x compatible???

-BK-
    Quote Quote  
  14. I just updated my firmware and still no luck with Pinco 2x Blank White Top.
    I get them from http://www.tapeguys.com/ for $2.97CAD/disc in a pindle of 90.
    These DVD's are great. They work perfect in my A04 and play on every set top that I've tested. This sucks that the Sony won't even try to write to these.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I just bought 20 DVD-R Princo with label For Data & Video 1x 2x for 2€ and had no problems with my Sony DRU-500A they even burn 2X with no problems.
    I have update the firmware and i have one Ata 133 Raid Controler just for the DRU-500A

Specs: Athlon 2200+ / 512Mb DDR333 / 120GB / Geforce Ti 4600 128Mb / Thermaltake XaserII / DVD-Rom Panasonic / LG CDRW 40*12*40
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xblade
    I just bought 20 DVD-R Princo with label For Data & Video 1x 2x for 2€ and had no problems with my Sony DRU-500A they even burn 2X with no problems.
    Which program did you use to burn the DVD's?
    Where did you buy the 2-speed PRINCO's? In Europe or in USA or elsewhere? There seem to be different PRINCO's 2-speed on the market as I mentioned before

-BK-
    Quote Quote  
  17. I bought the princo DVD-R 1X 2X in Portugal (europe) and the program that I use is DVD decrypter and NERO (Last Version) they both record at 2.0X-2.1X variable.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by g00kster
    I just bought 25 Princo disk with white glossy on top and none of them work. It's only 1X. I got it from here: http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/P-DVDR-4.7-GENPrinco.html

I got 5 coasters from them.[/url]

I might order 25 to see.
    Did anybody tried these recently after 1.0d firmware ?

I burned successfuly on Princo disk from Meritline.com (white top) but I am not sure if these from Allmediaoutlet.com are the same.
    Quote Quote  
  19. After upgrading to FW1.0d I have problems with burning the Princó DVD-R 2x. Nero failed at half the disc an Alcohol version 1.3.5.1125 Failed to Finalize the disc.

Alcohol did work with version 1.3.4.xxxx (Burning was finished 100% and tested the DVD-R OK but Alcohol hung after finishing the disk.)

With the supplied recordnow however I did a DVD-Copy at 2x and that worked without any problems.

Also I have some Princo DVD-R´s of the same batch that the burner simple does not recognise.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    :P Kewl! :P

Just bought another cakebox of 10 PRINCO 2x discs in a local store here in Belgium.
    These discs have a white glossy top with print on it, saying: PRINCO - DVD-R - DVD Recordable Disc - For Data & Video - General 1x 2x - 4.7 Gb.
    Just tested 4 pcs. with RecordNowMAX 4.5 on the DRU500A firmware 1.0d and guess what???
    They all burned at 2x !!! Even seconds faster then the CHOICE 2x I used untill now :P

/me happy now !!
    PRINCO's 2x cost € 1.50 over here

-BK-
    Quote Quote  
  21. Looks like peaople have still mixed results...

Wha I am looking for is if anybody tried these (and exactly these no 2x or .... I don't know...)

http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/P-DVDR-4.7-GENPrinco.html

from Allmediaoutlet.com and only from Allmediaoutlet.com (not from meritline or any other store

after 1.0d firmware (not original firmware) ?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  22. donpedro,
    I got 25 Princo glossy white topped -R's delivered from allmediaoutlet on Monday and have burned 4 with Nero (???.171) and 1.0d firmware without a problem.

They are 1x and will only burn at 1x w/ Nero. I haven't tried other burning s/w.

lewijo
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by lewijo
    donpedro,
    I got 25 Princo glossy white topped -R's delivered from allmediaoutlet on Monday and have burned 4 with Nero (???.171) and 1.0d firmware without a problem.

They are 1x and will only burn at 1x w/ Nero. I haven't tried other burning s/w.

lewijo
    Sorry to ask again (Just trying not to waste money)...

Was it this link ? http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/P-DVDR-4.7-GENPrinco.html
    Quote Quote  
  24. donpedro,

Yes, exactly the same item & price. So far, I'm happy with both the media and the Sony.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Here is result. IT WORKED !!! I upgraded to 1.0f before, but I believe that it would work with 1.0d anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Do they burn at 2x with 1.0f?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Nope.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I upgraded firmware to 1.0f and the Princo burn now. Aaaaaah. Thats better.
    Princo 2x Rated from www.tapeguys.com
    Using Record Now DX. Nero no longer recognises my Sony. Waiting for the next version of Nero.

Steve
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by scross28
    Princo 2x Rated from www.tapeguys.com
    Am I blind ??? I don't see any Princo there....
    Quote Quote  
  30. Only 1X for Princo after the 1.0f upgrade, but at least it works
    Quote Quote