VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, so I 'm officially impressed with the latest ffmpegx. Damn thing feels like DVD2SVCD for the Mac, actually :P

As I'm writing this, I've set OSex to rip **MyCousinWeddingMovie** to a great big 6.8GB VOB file. Thing is, is this really necessary? It will take approx 5 hours (120 min film), and I'm thinking "why not just use Toast to save Disc Image, and let ffmpegx get cracking from there?" Just a thought...

Oh, and I have to say it: iMac G4/800 absolutely owns. ffmpegx transcodes a vbo to svcd in about 3 times film length/realtime. And while we're on that subject, the Apple MPEG-2 codec owns *rock hard* when it comes to DV source material. And the speed is almost exactly just double the film length/realtime. Droooooool...

/El Rocho
    Quote Quote  
  2. because that won't work. Try it and see for yourself. Toast doesn't perform the necessary DVD authentication/decrytion that ripper programs do. If it were that simple we wouldn't need ripper programs. If you do what you suggested, you will end up with a scrambled, unplayable DVD.
    Quote Quote