Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I used my TDK DVD-R's and all went well - thanks for your newbie guide
    I will be trying DVD9's Next.

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally I've had bad luck with the Princos I've tried... but right now I'm using Primedisc that I get for about a dollar each when purchased in bulk... they are only 1x but cheap and seem to work well...

BTW then get VTS sectors SHOULD be done with all the IFO files opened so your ok there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. FLAYSTUS

is there any way that i can disable bbmpeg muxing at the end? coz obviously all we wanted are the *.mpv and *.ac3 files for authoring and to save some space too..

i use the dvd2svcd for to encode my movie file and use ifoupdate/maestro guide by jdobbs(doom9) to create a perfect backup(with menus/extras) and so far everything has been wonderful..

well if theres no way to disable that thats ok i do my encoding during my work hours anyways(a 12hr shift) so everything is finished when i get home...

:^)
    I FEAR NO BEER!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thx for the guide, it worked great.

Except.. How do I get that "CINEMA CRAFT ENCODER" logo out of my movie???? it is displayed in the bottom margin of the lettterbox!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. its a demo version.. u need to buy it in order for that to be removed..
    I FEAR NO BEER!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks,

That's what I figured.. Oh well, I changed the encoder to tmpgenc and will test it out.. One thing that I noticed though is that DVD2SVCD no longer produces the "pulldown" encoded piece so I just used the "Encoded_Video" file. Hopefully this works. I did however burn the movie anyway with the "cinema Craft encoder" logo for testing purposes and it was not the right aspect ratio. I selected 16:9 at every point specified by the guide. It was as though it encoded it 16:9 and then 16:9 again??? it was really small. Also my DVD player would randomly abort play and display "cannot play disc"

I guess I have more testing to do..

Thanks for the help..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've found that some 16:9 disk are encoded to show 16:9 video but that the actual true ratio is still 4:3. Its mainly true of older titles and I haven't seen it on anything new yet. In those cases I select 16:9 encoded as 4:3 then use the 4:3 setting in Maestro. (hope that makes sense)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi all,
    Great guide which has work sucessfully for me a couple of times now, but I have encountered 'strange' things happening with apparently the same settings set on DVD2SVCD while backing up The Green Mile. I dont particularily think its related to the movie but when the ripping end encoding has finished I have 3 video files as follows;

bbMPEG_muxed_file00
    bbMPEG_muxed_file01
    and
    Encoded_Video_CCE_PAL

The muxed files appear to be the movie split in two at approximately 2 hrs into the 3 hr movie and the Encoded file ends up at 5.4Gb with all the bit rate settings at 4300 and 4500max in DVD2SVCD. This rate worked perfectly before.
    Copleteing the process gives a VIDEO_TS file of 6Gb.

Am I missing the point here of the bit rate settings and just got lucky, or have I left a crucial process undone.

Any advice greatly accepted.
    Kmax.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Likely you just need to lower the bitrate some move for this title. Remember that its just guessing how much to encode to make it fit. Some movies will be off.

Strangely I had a problem with Green mile myself... for some reason CCE bombed. It was on my second machine which was giving me problem lately so I just flattened it and I'm gonna try again soon.
    Quote Quote  
  10. flaystus

with ur xp2200 wut speed u get with CCE..
    cuz on my 1.2 Ghz Athlon i get 0.85 constantly so a 2hr movie would be around 6-7 hrs.

im asking coz im thinking of upgrading and i wanna know if it would be worth the upgrade.. TIA

:^)
    I FEAR NO BEER!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. re my last post,
    I was just an idiot. I mis read the guide and instead of un clicking min average bit rate I also set it to 4200. This obviously buggered up things slightly.
    Gone through the whole thing again successfully but the only snag now is, out of the 52 chapters in the movie I can only import 34 points.
    I have repeated this several times and get the same numbers. The last chapter is now 72 mins long. I can live with that but again any ideas welcome. :P
    Quote Quote  
  12. Still cannot sucessfully import chapter list to Maestro. It always gives me the first half of the chapters in the right place leaving the last chapter as half the length of the movie. ie ChapterXtractor says 32 and saves them as such, but Maestro says 15 chapters sucessfully imported.

Am I missing something in the settings.
    Very confused, help needed,

Kmax.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Even simpler dvd5 > dvd-r process (used by me extensively)

Software:
    DvdDecriptor
    Prassi PrimoDVD

Select All files in on DVD in Decriptor (Rip in File Mode)
    Rip to HD

Open PrimoDVD - name disk accordingly, and pull VIDEO_TS folder into
    the app.

Hit 'Rec'

Disk should work on set-top and PC - have done it a _lot_
    and it is much faster than ripping in ISO mode....

tc
    Will
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Kmax, how many different movies have done this?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi Flaystus,
    Every movie so far, about 20. The chapter list appears to be saved properly with the .chp tag, but when imported to DVDMaestro less than half the number appear, and as I now know, not in the correct place.
    To remedy this I have just added chapters manually, not the most professional but it enables browsing sort of.

Another query to tax your beautiful baby head....

I live in the UK and hence have usually Region 2 discs on PAL. When I try to backup Region 1 discs (of which I have a few) and check the button on the Conversion page of dvd2svcd which enables NTSC t0 PAL the final result has the audio track massively out of sync, I am guessing by about 5 mins.

I imagine this is due to the frame rate change of 20 to 25 I think, and as the audio is extracted in its intirity then replaced the same it appears shorter then the video.
    Am I getting close, and if so, any ideas.

Cheers, Kmax.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure I can help on the audio out of sync thing as I have no pratical experience there, but let me see if there is some reason Maestro might misimport PAL movie chapters....

Since its the start of my work week and I work a superlong shift this may take a few days, but I'll get back to you and let you know if I find anything.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Same problem ... DVD Maestro "see" only half chapters ... PAL problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That must be it, because only a few people have been saying they have this problem.

What I mean to do is check in Meastro and see if there is a place to speciy PAL and if so does that help. But my days off are Sunday monday and Tuesday and its the only time I have to mess with the stuff.

On a side note: DVD burners must have been VERY popular this christmas, I have like 5 offline friends trying to get me to come over to their house for some reason.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I've found the solution ... (i think)

and it's not a PAL problem .. only a BUG

http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129315&highlight=maestro+chp

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The error has personally never happend to me except with one file that was to say the least "an oddball situation" to begin with.

Hopefully this will sort things out. If not let us know and I'll look this "weekend" like I said I would.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Well ... it worked
    Open the *.chp file with notepad and change 00 in 01 .. 01 in 02 (shift +1 hour) .. leave minutes and seconds untouched ...
    DVD Maestro now correctly import the chapters!
    8)
    Quote Quote  
  22. Every thing fine now that I realise there is a bug in Maestro. By adding on an hour to all chapter points before saving in ChapterXtractor has done the trick. Anybody any idea how to fix the bug now??

Thanks all, Kmax.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thanks for the Chapter-Fix

I've been experiencing a weird problem lately. I've been using this DVD->DVDR method for some time now but ever since I changed my OS (from Win2k to XP) CCE seems to create smaller files. e.g. today I encoded Reign of Fire with all the settings in the guide (4200/4500 max.avg) and CCE produced a file that was only ~3.3 GB... plus ~350MB of Audio that's less than 3.8GB for a 100min+ movie (Maestro probably makes the total files even smaller than that). The quality seems to be fine but I wonder why the files are smaller now (they used to be ~4.1GB after Maestro-authoring)...

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Good Guide
    Ok i have managed o use dvd2svcd and maestro etc to make the dvdr that is great. It is perfect for what I wish to do which is to chop a chapter out of the dvd (in this case a music video) using chapter selection and then get the AC3 track and the Movie track. Now i wish subs with this - permanent subs are no problem however as i am only using a chapter it becomes more difficult to use subrip i a finding as subs are out of time with the movie when transported to maestro and if i use the subtitler in dvd2svcd i do not get a suitable .son file etc any suggestions how to get around this problem (ps. u may have to spell it out as i am not the most proficient person using these tools)
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have noticed with these processes that recently the disc size has been rather small. I bumped my target size on most movies that are about 2 hours or less up to 4300gb and have had no problems, on long movies I leave it at 4200gb however.

Also I'm in process of updating the guide currently to include how to author with DVD Lab as well as some good dvd Shrink info for movies that will fit on a movie only disk without reencode.

Its going to take some time thought because the time I have to write is different the then time I can be in front of the applications.

I realize alot of this is very common knowledge now but I like that idea for a basic all bases covered well type guide for new people to start with.
    Also alot of the minor problems with Decryper and DVD2SVCD have been ironed out since the guide was written and thing run alot smoother now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Guide is now updated and covers howto do DVD9 to DVDr movie only. DVD 5 to DVDr. DVD9 to DVDr without recompress when possible. As well as a basic way to do most episode disc. Personally I think this guide is a great starting place for new users. Am I missing anything?
    Quote Quote