VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. This software looks to be the GREATEST DVD copying program. It is scheduled for release next week. If you pre order before they ship the price is only $79.

Yes, I did order a copy several weeks ago!

Here are a couple quotes from the President of 321Studios:

"UPDATE: We continue to make progress towards eliminating all of the unwanted *features* (uh, that's bugs in technospeak) in DvdXCopy and believe we have identified all of the major problems. We are anticipating a new beta release on Friday (11/1) that will quite frankly make previous betas look like an early alpha.

Also, my previous announcement regarding Gear SDK was premature. Apparently they came through with the Sony DRU500 support today and cleaned up two other issues that we had problems with. So far all burning on XP and 2k have proved to work without fail in all tests.

We have also incorporated PAL logic although our testing on this is quite limited and we will be relying on the PAL beta community to give us quick feedback on testing once the new version is released.

Hopefully, all will go well with your testing this weekend and we can quickly release the final version to Pre-Orders early next week. I know that's a bit optimistic, but our internal testing seems to indicate all lights are green and the beta group should experience very few, if any problems with the new version. This of course is subject to change without notice

One other minor detail that might please everyone: We have moved all special features and trailers to disc 2 when 2 discs are required. This improves the likelihood of getting the entire *movie* onto the first disc without splitting the actual movie. The split is still required technically for all menus to function on the second disc, but when possible we will fit the complete movie on the first disc, meaning the likelihood of burning only one disc for DVD9's has increased substantially!

One more feature being added is quick/full format and quick/full erase. "

"We have found that there are titles authored in such a way that DvdXCopy will NOT be able to copy them right now. This has to do with titles that will be split across two DVDR's and are sequenced in such a way that the chapters would have to jump across the disc when played normally.

In order to fix this will require *walking* the program chain and reauthoring the chapters. This is difficult but not impossible. Version one will, we estimate, copy approx 90-95% of all titles. Version 2 will address this issue. "

Make Perfect copies of your DVD's in about an hour
    http://www.dvdxcopy.com/

Hollywood says it could get burned by DVD backups -DVDxCopy news
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=5025

321 Studios cranks it up a notch
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/3408.cfm

2. this is kinda misleading to people that are new to the dvd copying scene.
    MOST new dvds which are dvd-9 yes are dual layer which is basically double the capacity of dvd-r/rw and dvd+r/rw but understand that does not mean the movie will be on one layer and the extras will be on the second layer.
    almost all (if not all) NEW dvd-9 i encountered the movie takes up the first layer plus some of the second layer making it impossible to fit the movie on 1 dvd-r without transcoding(xtracting streams is not enough)
    I'm not saying all dvd-9 are like this but many of them are especially the newer dvds

funny thing i have 2 friends that just purchased dvd burners at out rageous prices and they know nothing about the scene they thought they could copy a dvd just like they copy an audio cd. when it turned out to be not so easy they felt kinda bad for the investment they made. one of my friends purchased a dvdcopy program for $90 and it will only copy dvd-5, as doesnt have any encoding software connected with it

i just people that are unaware know that in MANY cases just because u extract (or put them onto a second cd) the xtra audio streams and xtras/special features doesnt mean the movie will still fit on one dvd-r

i'm also not saying that u wont be able to fit a movie on one dvd after u extrACT some stuff but just be prepared if u buy software like this because u could download freeware that could basically split the movie on 2 dvds or burn a single dvd-5 backup and do everything that this claims to do

Originally Posted by joepic
    One other minor detail that might please everyone: We have moved all special features and trailers to disc 2 when 2 discs are required. This improves the likelihood of getting the entire *movie* onto the first disc without splitting the actual movie. The split is still required technically for all menus to function on the second disc, but when possible we will fit the complete movie on the first disc, meaning the likelihood of burning only one disc for DVD9's has increased substantially!
    check out http://www.geocities.com/eatin_sammiches/sprucecreations.html to download additonal buttons and backgrounds for SPRUCE-UP menu creation

3. These people have proved to be scammers in the past so I wouldn't trust them now.

Don't pay ANY MONEY until this program has been tested in the light of day.

Search for "DVDXCOPY" for past comments on this forum.

I am going to lock this post as there will undoubted be a community of spammers who are going praise this program to the high heavens and encourage people to "pre-order".

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence