VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by DoWirc
    It is also important to note that my Opitdiscs where silver topped with a VERY light purple bottom
    Okay. The ones that I ordered have a blue label on top. I got them from Shop4tech. We shall see what happens.

EDIT: They are Optodisc OR470-000 (Blue top, purple bottom)[/b]
    I just got my dru500 and upgraded to firmware f.
    I also bought 5 optodisc dvd-r, they are the same as yours :
    blue top/purple bottom & OR470-000 (bought them in Makro/Belgium)
    When i try to burn it with nero the pc crashes. I tried with the veritas software and it gives an error when it starts writing.
    I cant get these disc to work.
    The included sony DVD+RW works without problem.
    Plz, let me know what your experience is with this media.
    Tomorrow i go buy some other dvd-r media.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which Princo Discs?

I use 1X and 2X Princo Discs with 1.0f and they work OK.

Pierre

Originally Posted by lpg2002
    Has anyone tried downgrading to version 1.0e to see if Bulkpaq or Princo Disks work?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some Optodisc branded DVD-R media, it is working with mu DRU500A. Nero says 2x but I don't know if the disc is written at 2x (I will try it this weekend)

What did you pay at the Marko for the Optodisc DVD-R media ? Jewel case of Film box ?

If have Optodisc -RW, +RW and -R, all types are working very well !
    Quote Quote  
  4. DATASAFE DISKS: (All bought from BlankDiskShop)
    Datasafe Media "2x Speed" 4.7 General Purpose DVD-R (silver top/purple dye):-
    I have written many Videos on these (1.0c, 1.0f & now 1.0d) and they play on my Stand Alone MUSTEK fine.
    Datasafe DVD-RW General Purpose (Yellow & Black label).
    1.0c wouldn't even recognise these.
    1.0f writes but rarley reads. (Im using Latest NERO 5.5.10)
    1.0d Will recognise the burnt disks.

Media source: www.blankdiscshop.co.uk
    Media name: Datasafe Media "2x Speed" 4.7 General Purpose DVD-R (silver top/purple dye)
    Authoring software: SONIC MyDVD
    Burning software: SONIC MyDVD
    Media's rated/certified max speed: "2x"
    Burning speed used: 1x
    Firmware version/update: 1.0c, 1.0f & now 1.0d
    Computer DVD playback software results: 1c & 1d fine. 1f - poor
    Computer DVD-ROM drives results: 1c & 1d fine. 1f - poor
    Standalone DVD players results for each media/test: (for the video people only) : Mustek - ok

Media source: www.blankdiscshop.co.uk
    Media name: Datasafe DVD-RW General Purpose (Yellow & Black label)
    Authoring software: Nero 5.5.10
    Burning software: Nero 5.5.10
    Media's rated/certified max speed: 1x
    Burning speed used: 1x
    Firmware version/update: 1.0c, 1.0f, now 1.0d
    Computer DVD playback software results: 1f; Rarely recognised after burn. 1.0d; Recognised okay.
    Computer DVD-ROM drives results: 1f; Rarely recognised after burn 1d; Recognised okay.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Pncrs
    I have some Optodisc branded DVD-R media, it is working with mu DRU500A. Nero says 2x but I don't know if the disc is written at 2x (I will try it this weekend)

What did you pay at the Marko for the Optodisc DVD-R media ? Jewel case of Film box ?

If have Optodisc -RW, +RW and -R, all types are working very well !
    I had a 5-pack jewel case optodisc. Cost 12.50 euro. And they were the cheapest i saw there.
    I tried 3 of them and they are all not recognised
    foto => http://users.pandora.be/evelien.cauwenbergh/stuff/OPTODISC.JPG
    on the back of the jewel case theres a P/N : 1660021000

maybe it's different from your optodisc dvd-r
    Quote Quote  
  6. This a very long thread and perhaps I missed info on this but has anyone tried to use double sided media ? I would be very interested in finding out since this would really save huge amounts of shelf space.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  7. I had a 5-pack jewel case optodisc. Cost 12.50 euro. And they were the cheapest i saw there.
    I tried 3 of them and they are all not recognised
    foto => http://users.pandora.be/evelien.cauwenbergh/stuff/OPTODISC.JPG
    on the back of the jewel case theres a P/N : 1660021000
    maybe it's different from your optodisc dvd-r
    Ok found the problem - for those who have interest in it.

I bought some very expensive Maxell dvd-r 25 euro for a five pack
    and they also didn't burn.
    I reformatted the whole drive and reinstalled WinXP
    Installed the viatech drivers and ... works like a charm - also the optidisc works now.

Only thing is that i do not anymore have my DVD-reader (pioneer 115) available in explorer window.
    It has something to do with dma setting. This DVD drive will not work with normal viatech ide bus drivers. It needs the via miniport drivers to be installed to work properly.
    So i installed the miniport drivers and changed the dma to multiword dma mode 2 (only way the dvd-reader works)
    When i do this, i wont be able to burn any dvd's anymore.
    So i reinstalled the viatech drivers and my sony dru500 works, but my pioneer DVD-115 doesn't work.
    I'm going to sell this pioneer to my brother and buy myself another DVD-reader which is capable of DMA2 mode.

so far the story, but I suggest that all with a AMD based motherboard and having problems with the dru500 drive should try a fresh OS install.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Source:CompUSA
    Media:memorex dvd+r (part # 3202 5550)
    Software:RecordNow Max 4.5
    Fiwmare:0.1f
    Burn Speed: 2x (24minutes/4.3G)
    DVD Player:apex 500B,apex 1500,norcent dp300 all OK
    DVD Rom:DRU-500a, sony f580 buildin dvd, No name 12x DVD Rom all OK.

This Media sold with 1X speed,but sony make it burn at 2x
    Great!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. I've also had good luck with Memorex DVD+R (no coasters, plays on all my drives and players), 50 for $99 at BestBuy.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Imation DVD +R seems to work ok on my Dru-500A ok That's good since they are easy to find at most stores but at the moment rathar pricey.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Tried K Hypermedia dvd-R & made 2 coasters. One in Record Now and also another in Nero 5.10 . It seems it wrote fine until the very final point where it write the lead out. Sometimes I wonder if the software is not part of the problem. BTW the coasters are recognized by my stand alone DVd player and play ok excert for the last VOB in the video Ts folder so not a total loss.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I don't think anyone reported on all these brands with these formats yet -

Media source: Staples
    Media name: Memorex +RW, Maxell -RW, Maxell -R, Maxell +R
    Authoring software: Maestro (for compiling m2v and AC3)
    Burning software: RecordNow Max 4.5
    Media's rated/certified max speed: +R/RW 2.4, -R 2x, -RW 1x
    Burning speed used: Max certified
    Firmware version/update: 1.0f
    Computer DVD playback software results: PowerDVD wonderful
    Computer DVD-ROM drives results: DRUgood, Creative DXR2 bad
    Standalone DVD players results for each media/test -
    Apex AD600A: +/- R excellent throughout, +/- RW reports no disc
    Panasonic CP72 - ALL formats wonderful throughout playback.

(The only glitch I get is with the +RW and -RW. On the CP72, which plays them great, if I stop the disc, it will not start playing it again when I press play, and I have to turn off and on the player to unlock it. Until then, you can hear it repeatedly trying to read. This even happens with a single layer ISO copy. However, it still makes the RWs fine for test burns. -R and +R were glitch free when stopping.)

Also tried Nero 5.5.9.17.0 as recommended for this drive using the recommended UDF 1.02 mode. Only tried the +RW, but neither player would recognize it. So I'm sticking with RecordNow Max 4.5 for now.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Don't know if anyone has said this already, but Butterfly medias 50 pk DVDrs work perfectly with the dru500a with firmware 1.0f and Nero 5.10. Bought them for about $50.00 for fifty discs (shipping included) from cititronics.com. The discs work great for data and video and burn at 2X, even though I don't think they were made specifically for that purpose. The only problem I've had is when I make data discs that are too close to the 4.38 gig allowable, Nero will give the error message that it wasn't able to perform the end of 'disc at once' and say that the process failed, but the discs play just fine anyway. Video works flawlessly.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    the ACCU discs from cdrdvdrmedia work great
    their manufacturer id is lead data however but work great
    Quote Quote  
  15. OK, a follow up to my post last night, I was able to get Nero 5.5.9.17.0 to burn a DVD+RW with my DRU500A by ignoring the previous thread http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127624&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight...ysical&start=0 and coming up with my own settings:

DVD-ROM UDF/ISO
    Check ISO level 1
    Check ISO9660
    Uncheck Joliet
    Uncheck anything in "relax ISO restrictions"
    UDF 1.02

It plays fine in my CP72.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Just in case that anybody need 1.0d firmware (which I do not recomend but I saw people that were asking for it), it can be dowloaded from this site

http://www.sonydru500a.com/
    Quote Quote