VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I got this email today:

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay. We will not be able to ship your order until, on or before 12/31/2002. We apologize for this inconvenience and are doing everything we can to get your order out to you as quickly as possible.

No action is required to proceed with the new date, however, if you do not
    wish to wait, you may cancel your order and receive a prompt refund.
    However, if your system order has shipped or if you have already received
    your system and this order number pertains to a promotional item, you may choose to have your system returned at our expense.

If you have any questions, please contact Dell at xxx-xxx-xxxx or email us
    at ----------@dell.com before 9:00 PM Central Standard Time. Please
    include your order number or customer number with any correspondence.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Dell Computer Corporation

No way! I ordered on 10/7 and it said it would ship today. I just canceled my order and encourage you to do the same if you just cannot wait that long. Someone on the anandtech boards took his price from dell.com, brought it to Circuit City and got the 110% price-match. I'm doin' that fo'sho!
    [img=http://www.undeniablygeek.com/gir/pictures/official/IZ_Logo_optimized.jpg]
    Quote Quote  
  2. CAn you do that? how , would they really match an internet price, if you do it let me know, where do you live btw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got mine from Circut City, they had some in stock.
    Quote Quote  
  4. They told me the same thing but I got my DRU500A last week. I hope this info helps. By the way it was worth the wait.
    -ynt
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is no way Circuit City would match a internet price. How do I know? Because I work for them!!! If they match internet prices than that means they would have to match prices for everything in their store and that would drive them out of business. Don't bother wasting your time. The person who got that price matched was just lucky, they probably talked to a newbie employee.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well they told me the same shit! Was supposed to ship on October 23, 2002 and then they delayed it after I waited for 2 weeks in major anticipation of the 23rd to come and WHAM! DELAYED! Talked to their customer service and they told me the 31st of October and I asked can you guarantee the 31st and they responded,"No, we can not guarantee anything!" Well needless to say I canceled my order as well! DELL can suck my [deleted] and they have in fact lost any business I would have ever given them due to their inconveniencing me! The one thing that really catches you is their ON or BEFORE bullshit date! Well hope all you people waiting on your drives from Dell get them sometime this year! :>~ I certainly couldn't wait and big deal that I paid $100 more for it from my local CompUSA store. My advise to any of you that are waiting on DELL, CANCEL your order and get it at your local Best Buy, CompUSA, or Circuit City. The drive is worth every penny I spent!

FooManChu
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DuongH513
    There is no way Circuit City would match a internet price. How do I know? Because I work for them!!! If they match internet prices than that means they would have to match prices for everything in their store and that would drive them out of business. Don't bother wasting your time. The person who got that price matched was just lucky, they probably talked to a newbie employee.
    Well, if the price was still profitable and they felt you'd leave if they didn't, they would probably match it even if it's not policy. I used to work for CC too, and we normally wouldn't match mail order places, but if someone was asking to match a J&R or Crutchfield price that was 5% less than ours, and we were still making 30 points on the deal then yeah, we'd do it.

Of course, this Dell deal is low. For this match, yeah, you'd need a newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ordered 10/7 from Dell with an expected ship date of 10/21. That date came and went with no communication/no drive. Called last Thurs; Dell promised to call me within 2 days with an estimated new shipping date. No call. Called yesterday, spent one hour being run around. Finally got a new ship date of 11/11. Checked Dell's website today and surprise surprise, my order shipped last night. Dell's handling of this order has been pathetic and AGGRAVATING. Hope the drive justifies the grief!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ordered 10/9. Promised 10/24. Of cource nothing happened.

I spend an hour on phone with Dell. Tranfered here and there and finaly they told me that they received some in stock "today" (I don't believe them) and that it is very possible (50/50) that they will ship it today or tommorow.

Let's see.

I think that their price was too good and they are trying to get rig of some orders this way. Anybody agrees ? Just my personal thought.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I totally agree with dude, i order on Oct. 1st, it was delayed 3 time on the third time i was upset and sent a letter of complaint but specifically mentioned i am still keeping the order, next day i recieve an email saying "were sorry for your inconvience i ll go ahead and cancel that order for you" i had to call them (totally pissed mind you) to reinstate the order immediately. they did so. when i noticed people who ordered on the 1st and 4th and 5th getting theres i called up and asked what was going on i ordered on the first and i havent got mine, they tell me you ordered on the 22nd, i had to argue that that was the day they reinstated but i ordered on the 1st, and thus am still waiting , what a load of bull, i am never ordering from those ******** again.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Does anybody know where we can complain ? Web sites that are design for customers to rate online companies or somthink like this ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I ordered mine from dell on 10/7 and still have not received it. twice they pushed back the delivery date and today I got a phone call from dell customer service stating that the next ship date is 12/31.

They gave me a number to call if I wanted to cancel. I called and got transferred 7 times to a different dept, each one saying they weren't authorized to cancel. They still can't figure it out, and this one guy finally took my name and phone number and said he'd call back after he determines why my order can't be cancelled.

Maybe i'll be lucky and it will have shipped, but I doubt it!

I agree with the other posts - I think they are just looking to get people to cancel who ordered with the discounted rates since there is such high demand for these drives. If you look on their website, they even raised their price OVER the MSRP!! $359.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dell is notorious for this with other specials they run (cameras especially). Don't order from them if you can't wait a while for the item.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If they have charged you card the are legally required to send you a product within 30 days.

I remeber this from the whole i-Opener debacle. Once they charge you card the clock starts. If they have not charged your card then you cannot complain.

The other regulation ( post office regs ). If you get something in the mail that you didn't order or give the company clear instructions not to send you then it's a gift and they cannot legally charge you for it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. So there is no place where I can rate Dell.com ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. This is surprising. I have two Dells and I ordered the DRU500A on the last day of discount ($284) and free shipping. It was back ordered but I received it yesterday and it installed with no problem.

Just lucky I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Would you mind to contribute to my new "fun" poll ?

http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120932
    "How long did you wait for Sony DRU 500A from Dell.com?"
    Quote Quote  
  18. It looks like I ordered it on Oct 7. So it was three weeks with the ground shipping.

Best Buy had it but, since it was new and the price was right I kept patient.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I was told mine wasn't going to ship until 11/28. I found one on the shelf at CC this weekend for 349.95. I brought in my order confirmation from Dell, and, sure enough, they pricematched it down to 262.63.

I've got it installed right now, but my 2k box keeps BSODing in the middle of a burn...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Could you please explain ?

Originally Posted by Zakna
    I've got it installed right now, but my 2k box keeps BSODing in the middle of a burn...
    Sorry
    Quote Quote  
  21. Me too.

I'm working on it now. I'm up-to-date on everything I can be. I'm going to give it another shot and see what happens. Maybe Nero doesn't fully support this drive yet.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I read something about some success with Nero 5.5.9.14, but generaly it is not supported. I think.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm using 5.5.9.14 and I'm having a lot of problems.

Specificly, every +RW I've used works great.

So far
    TDK DVD+R
    Imation DVD-R
    have given me problems with my Sony DRU500a + Nero 5.5.9.14. I don't know what to say. Nero appears to like my drive. It shows me every little last detail about it. Hell it even sets the burn speed depending on what media is in the drive. But at the end, it dies with a burn error or could not close disk error.

You know how to fix this? Tell me!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Why even use Nero? The included software that came with the drive (Record Now) burns .iso and .gi files just fine by going to the DATA DISC option and adding any .iso or .gi file. It will ask you if you want to add the contents of the .iso or .gi file. I've used this method to burn about 12 dvd+r's so far and it works flawlessly! Only reason I could see you needing Nero is for burning cdr or something. Well hope this helps!

FooManChu
    Quote Quote  
  25. This is a follow up to my brief post yesterday about reveiving the 500A from Dell in three weeks.

Here is the whole boreing story.
    Ordered on 7 OCT. Shipping promised on 16th. No show and no charge to my card on the 17th so I called back.

New order person tells me that I would never receive the order as the Dell PN in the system was incorrect. He replace the order with different Dell PN and delivery date of 2 Nov but said it would probable arrive 25 Oct. Included free overnight shipping and said he cancelled the old order.

Along comes the 25th and no CC charge or delivery. So I called back to Dell and get order person number three. HE TELLS ME order number one had shipped and I should receive it the 28th. I received the order on the 28th and called to cancel number two order. This was supposedly taken care of.

I just received order number two and did not catch the driver to refuse it. Even though I cancelled it on the 28th, my credit card was billed and it was shipped on the 29th.

Now back to Dell to fix this. I will not be nice about it.

The bottom line is I do not understand the problems others are having wil Dell not sending their orders and I keep receiving them
    Quote Quote  
  26. Ok let me get this straight you ordered on the 7th and a second mistake order on the 17th ans got both, while i ordered on the 1st and am still waiting..... Someone needs to die
    Quote Quote  
  27. why can't I get two instead of none?

Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with Thwiipp, "somebody needs to die". I also ordered on 10/1 and have gotten nothing but new dates from Dell. The last being 11/29/02. So after reading several messages like this, I e-mailed Dell about it and just got blown off so then called them. I talked to customer service and the order got moved up and should arrive no later than Monday. No satisfactory answer on why it wasn't fulfilled w/o intervention. I suspect most of the 10/1 orders are sitting waiting for hell to freeze over before they'll ship. Or customer service bypasses the queuing algorithm and all of the orders we've seen fulfilled placed after 10/7 have been via a real person rather than the automated ordering process.

Recommend anybody who ordered 10/1 and has not had the drive shipped to phone customer service or to make a visit to dell and fulfill Thwipp's request.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Sounds like HELL.COM.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I just spent another 1/2 hour on the phone with Dell. After getting transferred 3 times, someone in sales told me the drives are NOT in stock and the earliest ship-by date is 11/26. He check 3 databases and they all came up as 11/26. He said whoever called me was not correct in telling me the 12/31 ship date. He also said if anyone I know called and got an earlier confirmation, they were misled - as the drives are definitely not in stock.

He also tried to sell me a 'compatible' drive that he insisted was the exact same specs, by Global Marketing Partners, part # a0063112. He said it was DVD-R and DVD+R, etc., exactly like the sony. I asked if I could see it on the web site and he stated it's in their 'internal database only'.

I think the people over at dell need to organize and figure out what the hell they do or don't have, as well as they all need to be speaking to each other!!!
    Quote Quote