VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. I can't believe my eyes... My status is Shipped. UPS Trackink number too. Scheduled for delivery Nov 12, 2002. I hoped that they will expedice shipping, but..... at least it is on its way.

I gues... now I have to start looking to another posts for good cheap DVD-R media
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by RyanD
    Well, it worked. I received a UPS tracking number today, two days after I pointed out the Sku problem to Dell. Hopefully, the rest of you guys that ordered on October 1 will get yours as well.
    RyanD, I think that all this is just coincidence too. My SKU was allways A0060843.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, there is a light at the end of a tunnel. Ordered on 10/17, status said that it will ship on 12/20 !!! However it...shipped yesterday 11/6 and I even have a valid tracking number, so don't loose your hope. This deal can't be beat at $280 shipped. I hope the drive is worth the waiting.

-D
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, what ever it was? I got my drive today
    May the force be with you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Not me I ordered on Oct 4 at $281 sku 922642-4. Still says "In Production". All email replies from them are the same bullsh**. Has anyone else with the same sku # and order date received their's?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I odered mine on 10/01. Have the same sku 922642-4. got it today.
    Manufacture date is 22 Oct 2002. Hang in there you'll get it.
    May the force be with you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I ordered mine on 10/09. Got it 11/12.

It looks like most of the people already have theirs and moved to new posts that are talking about new firmware, better media compatibility and speed . That should more pleasant do discuss.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I ordered mine on 10/9. Got a delay notice that it would not ship until 11/4. On 11/4 I got another delay notice that said estimated shipping date was 11/29. It showed up 11/8! 269.48 was my total. they just aren't in a big hurry to ship stuff out when they are losing money on it I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ordered this drive from Dell as well, and eventually canceled my order when the
    ship date moved out to mid January.
    But due to a chain of screwups at dell, they wound up shipping me the drive anyways,
    without ever billing my credit card. In the meantime I bought the drive for full retail at a local
    store, so I don't even want the mistaken shipment at this point. I guess I could use it
    as a spare DVD drive for my other computer...

What would you do? The right thing, per the ftc is to notify dell of the mistake.
    On the other hand, it's not clear that the ftc rules say that one *must* do this.
    Also, dell did cost me significant time trying to get the order shipped right in
    the first place, and cost me an extra $100 to buy the drive locally when they
    failed to deliver at the expected time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Well I when they call, I would just tell them I cancelled the order and don't know what they are talking about..
    Quote Quote  
  11. jeepers94 was mentioning somthing like thet here too. Good for you guys . But I am not sure what would be my reaction to this situation.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well I ordered on the 1 Oct and have received about 5 delayed notices. I had a new order done on 31 Oct but then cancelled it when they said the shipping date was some time in Jan so I kept my original order. I called again on Monday 11 Nov and was able to get my shipping upgraded to next day for free but my drive is still nowhere in sight. I called again on 11 Nov and I was offered a free digital camera. I accepted it thinking it would be a $40 no name camera. On 12 Nov, I received a $200 Canon A200 Powershot digital camera for my "inconvenience". :P I called back again on 12 Nov to check on my DRU500A and they said that they had to cancel my order because the SKU number was a dead number that they don't use. So they gave me a new order with a new SKU number and said it would be shipped on 14 Nov. I will keep you guys posted on that. If you guys have been waiting about as long as I have, I would suggest trying to get some sort compensation.

Jcuervo811
    Quote Quote  
  13. Mine came last week...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jcuervo811
    Well I ordered on the 1 Oct and have received about 5 delayed notices. I had a new order done on 31 Oct but then cancelled it when they said the shipping date was some time in Jan so I kept my original order. I called again on Monday 11 Nov and was able to get my shipping upgraded to next day for free but my drive is still nowhere in sight. I called again on 11 Nov and I was offered a free digital camera. I accepted it thinking it would be a $40 no name camera. On 12 Nov, I received a $200 Canon A200 Powershot digital camera for my "inconvenience". :P I called back again on 12 Nov to check on my DRU500A and they said that they had to cancel my order because the SKU number was a dead number that they don't use. So they gave me a new order with a new SKU number and said it would be shipped on 14 Nov. I will keep you guys posted on that. If you guys have been waiting about as long as I have, I would suggest trying to get some sort compensation.

Jcuervo811
    An A200? I guess you got VERY lucky!

What about everyone else who waited for a long time?
    I ordered my DRU-500A on Oct 1.
    Got it Oct 30; didn't get anything special like you did, even though I called several times, when other people who ordered later were getting their drives...

In addition, these were NOT in-stock ANYWHERE online (not even sonystyle.com) until very recently, so I am not sure why Dell compensated you; although I am happy for you .
    Only BB, CC, CompUSA and Office Depot (for $380!) had them in stock.

Anyway, got my DRU-500A for $228 shipped, so I am not complaining
    Quote Quote  
  15. I ordered my DRU500A from Dell on 10/9 at a price of $268.56 (shipping included). I did receive two emails notifying me of the delays. After the first email, I called their customer service, and they said it was due to the docks being closed on the west coast. After the second notification I called again to cancel my order, but the person said they just received shipment and mine would go out that week. It did as he said, and I finally received it on 11/11. It took a little longer to get than I expected, but it was well worth the wait considering the price, plus no one else seemed to have it in stock at the time either.

clipper453
    Quote Quote  
  16. Has anyone who received this drive from Dell NOT get the Showbiz software that was supposed to be included? All the other software was on the disc that came with the drive, but not the video editing software Showbiz.

NEVERMIND, GOT IT.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Well just like I had anticipated. The DRU500A drive has not been shipped as promised by Dell that it would ship on the 14th. Now the website says it is pending and should ship on or about the 18th of Nov. I am not giving up since I can't find it cheaper than $238 with free next day shipping.

Jcuervo811
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by jcuervo811
    Well just like I had anticipated. The DRU500A drive has not been shipped as promised by Dell that it would ship on the 14th. Now the website says it is pending and should ship on or about the 18th of Nov. I am not giving up since I can't find it cheaper than $238 with free next day shipping.

Jcuervo811
    Well..... $238 and Canon A200 Powershot ? Why not. Couple more weeks and it will be worth to wait
    Quote Quote