VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Export .mpg files (S/VCD) from Pinnacle 7.15
    Burn it with Nero 5.5.9.9, no problem at all.
    The S/VCD won't play with:
    DVD player: error message: no disk
    WMP: Error message: Increct function (file: h:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT)
    Can some help? Thanks.

Quote Quote  
  2. hi! i see this is your first post , please try to be a little more in depth in your posts in the future i.e. your system and os and source material and the settings thereof. you said svcd so ill assume the file on the disk is svcd using the standard settings.
    first check your model in the dvd compatability lists to the left and see if it will play svcd, you may need to do vcd or strictly dvd-r.
    second go under tools and look for codecs install the fre svcd codec that will let media player recognize svcd.
    if you still have troubles read the guides here and do searches then when you are informed ask intelligent questions in detail. gooood luck!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Have you tried to burn any samples from this site to test your DVD player?

Nero also will cause (at least mine Konka-1800U) to not play a sequence if it is the wrong format like a vcd disk with a svcd file or the other way aroung.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you.

What I did is export a VCD formated mepg file try create a VCD. No luck.
    Export a SVCD formated mepg try to create SVCD. Same thing.

Download a mepg file from here try to burn a VCD. same error. I realy don't know what is going on. I even uninstalled and reunstalled the Nero. still same! What a bad luck I have it here. It was working before.

Thanks for more help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Double check some things.
    1. You have the most up-to-date version of Nero. I haven't had problems with Nero but others here have if it is older. 5.5.9.? is out on the web site and free for upgrading older 5.x versions.
    2. Check for your DVD player here to determine if the issue is the player won't support what ever media you are using.
    3. Try another application for burning your disks. CDRWin , BlindWrite or Fireburner.

Yes some of this is trial and error. A lot of people's trial and error work is posted here in the forums and elsewhere here at this site. I've burned about 20 different sample disks testing different bitrates and encoding methods as you want to see what looks best.
    Quote Quote