VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well after finding out the hard way tht nero sux ass on dvd burnin i switch over to primo hearing that was one of the best to burn with. Well i use opto disk and burnt with primo for a while and it worked in a lot of dvd players but some it still couldnt function in. Well i thought it was the disk compatibility untill me and some of my friends started talkin and i found out they use opto disk also but they burn with table top dvd-r's and they had no prob with there opto disk like they had wit mine.... well i went back to the lab and just burn wit movie fact instead of primo (usually convert to .vob usint mf and then burn wit primo) and the disk i burnt it with played on my friends dvd w/no prob unlike the last disk. My question is that is there a way mf burn it better and how????? i wanted to try more disk to make sure but for some strange reason the last 3 movies that i have tried to burn wit movie fact.... at the end of when its tryin to chge over to a .iso b4 it burns it comes up and says was unable to right file or something like that (I NEED HELP WIT THIS PROB ALSO) .... So another question is that what software i can use to chge my video_ts file to iso then hopefully mf will burn it?????? I would def wanna hear everybody elses experience with this..... thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure if this will help or not, but make sure your are burning to UDF 2.0 or higher with NERO. That might help. Also many players do not like mpeg audio. They only really like LPCM, if you are useing default settings with Moviefactory, then it is useing LPCM audio. That's about all I can add.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  3. like i said ... i am not using nero any more.... but i want to no since my movie fact wont chge da files to iso anymore can i (and what program) can i use to chge my video_ts folder to a iso file and burn it with m.f.???????? also another reason i dont use m.f. to burn all my disk is because for whatever reason it needs all the extra gb's of room to record..... is there a way to get around that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    is there a way to get around that
    Not that I have found.

When I use MF, I always have it make the folders, and the iso. Then if I don't like the way the folders are playing, I delete both. If I like it, then I can burn a disk a disk from the (incorrrect type) ISO. I've tried burning the ISO with NERO, but it says it is an incorrect format for CD????

I don't know of any other burner that will handle the folders so that you can burn a DVD. That doen't mean such a program doesn't exist though. I have heard something about the "new" NERO burning program (can't remember the name), that has a bunch of multimedia applications with it. It was supposed to burn DVDs better.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok.... well if u remeber that name please let me know.... but i thought it was a couple of programs that burnt iso..... in fact do u think because mf turn it to iso first then burn it is y it play better in dvd players?????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. I think there must be a "special" way that is different from just the proper format that Nero is missing, and that MovieFactory is getting. It still sucks to have to commit 2 times the space on your hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  7. well i aint just talkin about nero (i been stop using that) i am talkin about primo..... primo started working in more dvd players than nero but i found out m.f. plays in more than that...... but i am tryin to find one that burn iso files besides mf so i dont have to use all that space just to burn
    Quote Quote