VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The PDF link is at http://www.kiss-technology.com/projects/dvd_450.pdf
    There site is at http://www.kiss-technology.com/
    and a news info at http://www.kissnordic.dk/news/content.asp?id=46

I have a Pioneer-A03 I hope this player will read DIXV DVD-R as well as SVCD in a DVD-R
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does that player play avi Divx or it has to be on mpg??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mpeg cannot be divx.
    Quote Quote  
  4. mpg divx...what the hell are you talking bout? lol.
    PlaiBoi
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dunno exactly yet what it'll play, but DivX and mpeg1/2 are completely different things. Might have some issues, but again, there might be hacks too to make it play DivX Who knows. But if it catches on, we'll most likely see some next generation players, with more features, and lower price tags. Hopefully...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well it claims to support all forms of divx except for 3.11 for obvious reasons. I can only assume this means a divx avi burnt in mode 1 on a cdr/w since I don't really know of any other way of doing it.

Fundamentally, divx really is not that much different than mpeg1 or mpeg2, its still a form of mpeg compression.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by adam
    Fundamentally, divx really is not that much different than mpeg1 or mpeg2, its still a form of mpeg compression.
    I have to disagree with you at that point. A Divx (5.02) with high resolution and high bitrate is much better that any (S)VCD (mpeg1/2) and will fit to 1-1,1/2 cdr!
    Quote Quote  
  8. adam said

then Rotame said

I have to disagree with you at that point. A Divx (5.02) with high resolution and high bitrate is much better that any (S)VCD (mpeg1/2) and will fit to 1-1,1/2 cdr!
    A misunderstanding here I think. I believe adam was discussing the compression methods, not the quality and file sizes achievable. Adam is correct that divx is a form of mpeg compression. It is based on the mpeg-4 standard and really just takes mpeg-1 & 2 standards a step further, plus other features such as web links that divx does not yet (AFAIK) include.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Rotame,

I would recommend reading others' posts more carefully before jumping in with your objections - adam wasn't talking about the quality of DivX Avi file compared to Mpeg1/2 but the fundamental functions of different codecs.

P.S. Sorry to mirror your post Bugster - i think we were typing our posts at the same time, you just posted yours earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  10. It was my mistake
    Quote Quote