VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey

I have a headache trying to work this prob out. I can capture video perfectly from my jvc camcorder to my pc but it is the sound that is the problem. It plays back in sync just very poor quality crackly and it sounds
    very robotic etc. I am capture the sound at 41 400 at 8 bit mono in pcm format. I have tried various rates and various formats and compression rates with no joy.

I have a

Celeron 1.2ghz (P4 equivilant)
    328 ram
    40 gig hd
    leadtek a170 video card
    creative live sound card
    Quote Quote  
  2. Silly Q but:
    Are u sure you are using line-in and not the mic-in ?
    Is everthing else but the line in deactivated in creative mixer?
    Have you tried 44.1Hkz 16 bit stereo -> some people have
    had problems capping audio outside that spec with creative
    sound cards.
    Have you adjusted the vfw (or wdm) settings for your
    capture device to play wav without trebel or volume changes?

Perhaps if you posted what you capture with and all the settings
    someone can provide specific answers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything in the creative mixer is deactivated. I have tried mucking around with the wdm drivers but not much I can change especially treble etc. the drivers are geneneric ( i think ie universal capture etc)

I am capturing from jvc camcorder using 352 x288 30 frames with sound at 44100 8 bit mono but have tried using various rates maybe the drivers are crap it sounds to me like it is a hardware conflict but everything in the device manger reports fine......

thanks for your reply it has helped greatly
    Quote Quote  
  4. hahahah I worked it out

it seems there is a bug on my motherboard (using VIA Chipset) which cause distorted audio capture especially with sblive cards if anyone has these probs check out George Breese's patches....
    Quote Quote