VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok please be patient with me ive tried to scan the various pages for information regarding what im about to ask however i cant find anything so far

this might sound a stupid question but here goes

I have an vcd image mpeg on my hard drive how do i create chapters .. what i mean is i need to grab stills from the image and then create them in bitmap or jpeg i have the programe that will burn these into the disc but what is the best way
    do i just play the film pause it and grap screenprints or is there a better way what do most peeps use .. please if replying try to keep it simpe as poss as im a newbie to this and was gonna try to get my head round it ...

Thanks for looking in

Oh yeah if i create the image what size does it have to be or doesnt it matter

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I usually just play the video in WMP and use the capture feature to get the stills. Then I use VCDEasy (freeware, available under tools). It lets you import images and converts them automatically to mpg. Then you can continue to burn them to VCD all in the same program. There is also an excellent guide on this site to making chapters using this program.

Morloc
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers one last thing Capture feature in Windows media player ? where is this if u dont mind me asking ... however thanks for the above info all i nedd now is to figure out where the capture bit is Yipeee
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been robbed!
    I swear that I used to be able to capture from WMP. I'll bet during one of MS automatic updates (I use Win XP), my version of WMP has been updated and this feature was taken away. I used to right click and the capture option was on the menu. So sorry to mislead you. Well. if you have Power DVD there is a capture icon on the control panel (I just checked - it is there!) and this will supposedly let you capture from DVDs and VCDs, but I haven't tried it. I guess I will have to use this from now on. I guess you could also use a screen capture program while the video is paused in WMP, but I don't know if you lose any quality this way.

Maybe someone else has a better way to do it?

Morloc
    Quote Quote  
  5. screen capture while dvd is paused wont work, I've tried it (HYpersnap).
    Windvd also does great snapshots, but be warned you have to hunt around to see where it puts them. Normally in mypictures folder.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote