VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HALLO,

MAYBE I’VE FOUND A METHOD TO REMUX AN ENCODED MOVIE BY TMPGENC TO IFOEDIT WITHOUT AUDIO SYNCH PROBLEM.

THE SORTWARE YOU NEED ARE:

-IFOEDIT 0.88 (BECAUSE IT USE A DIFFERENT METHOD FOR TMPG TEMPLATE)
    -DVD2AVI (I'VE USED 1.76 VERSION)
    -TMPGENC (I'VE USED THE LATEST VERSION)

IN THIS GUIDE I'M DESCRIBING THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP TO GET A PERFECT REMUX, YOU'LL FIND HOW TO USE THE FOLLOW SOFTWARE IN THIS EXCELLENT SITE.

1) RIP YOUR DVD ON YOUR HARDDISK WITH ANY RIPPING SOFTWARE YOU WANT,

2) CREATE A DVD2AVI PROJECT WITHOUT SELECT THE VIDEO OPTION "FORCED FILM" OTHERWISE YOUR ENCODED MOVIE WILL BE JERKY (I'VE ENCODED A PAL FILM),

3)START IFOEDIT 0.88 AND CREATE A TMPGTEMPLATE (ONLY "I" PICTURE), IFOEDIT 0.88 USES A DIFFERENT METHODO TO CALCULATE THE GOP STRUCTURE, INFACT YOUR TMPGTEMPLATE WILL CONTAIN ONLY THE POSITION OF "I" PICTURE.
    INFACT YOU'LL NOTICE, WHEN YOU'LL IMPORT THE TMPG TEMPLATE IN TMPGENC, THAT IT WON'T FREEZE OR BLOCK. THIS IS A PROBLEM OF THE OTHER VERSION OF IFOEDIT.

4)START TMPGENC AND IMPORT YOUR .D2V PROJECT, IN THE SETTING SELECT GOP PAGE AND IMPORT "TMPG TEMPLATE". START THE ENCODE.

5) YOUR FINAL MOVIE (.M2V) WILL RESULT SHORTER THAN THE ORIGINAL, BUT DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS.

6) REMUX YOUR MOVIE.M2V TO IFOEDIT 0.88 AND YOU'LL GET A PERFECT DVD MOVIE WITH NO AUDIO SYNCH PROBLEM.

EXCUSE ME FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.
    KEEP ME INFORMED.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi first posting hope I dont offend anyone and I am sure the guide works great but maybe this may help even more

I recently started to use DVD2SVCD (got sick of doing each task one at a time)and it seems to work great,namely it does everything automatically and as yet no problems .Just start it late at night place the DVD in the reader and the next morning 2-3 SVCD's(also does mpeg 1 VCD) 2-3 images subtitles etc etc .
    • http://www.dvd2svcd.org/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by dariodream
    HALLO,

MAYBE I’VE FOUND A METHOD TO REMUX AN ENCODED MOVIE BY TMPGENC TO IFOEDIT WITHOUT AUDIO SYNCH PROBLEM.

THE SORTWARE YOU NEED ARE:

-IFOEDIT 0.88 (BECAUSE IT USE A DIFFERENT METHOD FOR TMPG TEMPLATE)
    Its not necessary to use IFOEdit 0.88 , the newer releases work fine.

Derrow, IFOEdit's author, changed something on the "Create Tmpg T." button function in the newer versions of IfoEdit, so the creation works a bit different.

The idea is, you just need the I-frames in the template file. In all movies almost all GOP structures are constant like:

IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBP

But at some points in the movie there are some, that are shorter or longer like:

IBBPBBP
    or
    IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBP

So it should be enough to store all I frames only of the standard GOP structure, and in addition to store all frame-types of those GOPs, that are not like the standard.

And this is how the new button works! But IfoEdit doesn't know, how the standard-GOP structure looks like, so you have to tell it.

How to use:
    - Load the IFO file of your main-movie, and press the button 'Create Tmpg T.'.
    - In the filedialog, specify where you want to have the Template.txt file written to.
    - Now IfoEdit starts to scan the first VOB file. You must press now the 'CANCEL' button in the progress dialog (after 1% or 2% completion).
    - IfoEdit displayes you now the GOP structures, that have been found in the VOB file. You need to select one of them, which will be assumed to be the STANDARD GOP STRUCTURE.
    - When you have selected one, and clicked 'OK', then IfoEdit will start creating the Template.txt file.

It writes all I frames to the template-file, and when ever it finds a GOP structure, different then the one you specified as STANDARD, then IfoEdit will write all frames of that structure into the template file.

Finally, in order for this to work properly I think you need to specify the STANDARD GOP STRUCTURE (i.e., I, P and B pictures) in TMPGEnc's GOP Structure dialog box. The TmpgTemplate.txt file created by IFOEdit doesn't contain this data only the I picture locations and the GOPs with a different structure than the STANDARD GOP STRUCTURE.
    For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
  4. IFOEDIT + remux does not work with any NTSC DVD due it get confused
    with the 3:2 pulldown flag (e.g Telecine)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by tonyp12
    IFOEDIT + remux does not work with any NTSC DVD due it get confused
    with the 3:2 pulldown flag (e.g Telecine)
    Thats not true, it works fine
    Quote Quote  
  6. With 2 posts, I do not think you really know what you are talking about.

What NTSC DVD did you rip that was in 23.9/frames second
    and keept it at 23.9 frame/second with 3:2 pulldown flag
    and it still played back perfectly??

USING ifoedit created "tmpgenc I-frames"
    and re-encode in tmpgenc with this txt file.

And USING ifoedits remux feature to keep all
    chapters,subtiltles and AC3 sound.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks dariodream for your input on this.
    I also encounterd choppy movies after encoding and muxinf with Rempeg and IFOEdit.

It seems that forced film lets DVD2AVI 'think' this is an 20.000 fps movie. When selecting non it show correctly 25.000 fps.

Any more details are welcome.
    I am no trying to reencode again with your settinges and using IFOEdit 0.95. I hope the jerky movie issue has solved.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by tonyp12
    With 2 posts, I do not think you really know what you are talking about.
    The number of post has nothing to do with being right or wrong. If the guy is wrong, so be it. But dont use the number of posts as an indicator. Geez.

wway
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thankyou for this guide

Works perfect every time for Pal DVD's.

Still trying every which way to do an NTSC DVD.

Anyone got a guide to do this using the tmpeg method.

Also I am currently trying to do NTSC to PAL conversion with this method.

I have used DVD decrypter to demux the audio to a vob file & besweet to convert the audio from this to an AC3 25fps file.

Just need to find a way to remux the AC3 file with the 25fps PAL m2v file produced by tmpeg to get resulting vob files see if that works.
    Quote Quote  
  10. [/quote]

Don't think you are right THAYNE

I have tried every which way to do a perfect ntsc and am beginning to think it's a waste of time.

If you know different then please share your settings in dvd2avi and tmpeg and which version of ifoedit did you make the template with.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Finally done a NTSC copy

ripped film with dvd decryptor
    used dvd2avi to get a .d2v file and demuxed the .ac3 audio file
    ran tmpeg using video only and the dvd template
    I actually converted the film to PAL using tmpeg so i used the standard PAL settings
    ended up with a .m2v file from tmpeg
    used Sonic ReelDVD to create the DVD
    (imported the .m2v file and the .ac3 file)
    put in my own chapter points and the created the DVD files
    Presto - 1 Video_ts folder with all the newly created vobs etc
    Works perfect
    Quote Quote