VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bsash
    thanks, that works fine so far. But Ive got another question, when I do the encoding ur way and burn a svcd. My DVD player, plays it without problems but the picture sometimes seems to tremble, like on a 12fps movie. This happens every 30secs and lasts about 2-3secs, the movie is simply not fluent....
    I tried 2 movies and got on both the same result. Both movies are NTSCFilm (23.937fps), could this be a reason? If yes, how can I prevent this? Because, most of the divx movies are in that format. Is there an easy way to change the frame rate before encoding?

thanks
    not sure what you mean by "tremble". mine always play fine. as long as you encode with the proper framerate,the framerate shouldn't make a difference. it might have something to do with the burning program/settings.
    Quote Quote  
  2. thats my bad english, with tremble I meant shiver, shake or vibrate. I dont think its the burnining program, I burn the svcds with nero, and nero doesnt say anything about the format. Means so far that the format is ok.
    I was just thinking the problem is at the framerate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thats my bad english, with tremble I meant shiver, shake or vibrate. I dont think its the burnining program, I burn the svcds with nero, and nero doesnt say anything about the format. Means so far that the format is ok.
    I was just thinking the problem is at the framerate.
    i also use nero. the only thing i can think of that would cause this is a setting in nero. try opening nero(close wizard) and click on Super Video CD,then on Compatibility and switch the settings there. i have mine on MPEGAV/ENTRYSVD. hope that helps
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tested alot, even those nero settings. I realized it depends on the movies and camera movements. When the camera moves fast from one location to another the picture is not fluent. I have this Problem only when I encode it with constant quality. With CBR there are no Problems, the picture is in perfect fluency and quality, but of course it needs to much space with CBR.

Whats about the other settings, my max Bitrate is @default 2520 and min Bitrate @default 0, I guess I dont need to enable padding coz min Bitrate cant go below zero. And whats about B and P picture spoilage, do I have to change here somethin? They are both on default (0 and 20). Is motion search precision @Motion estimate search ok?

I just thought my Problem could be at the GOP structure, maybe I should use more I frames in case of faster camera movements just becauso the P frames arent exact enough? I`ll try it anyway...
    Quote Quote  
  5. still the same problems, I activated 3:2 pulldown in the advanced settings. It says it converts a 24fps movie to a 30fps movie, but the encoded mpg file was still 24fps. ne1 knows why?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Now I found the Problem, its my DVD player which cant handle 24fps VBR, it works with CBR but not VBR. Anyway, Im changing the Video and Audio Framerate to 25, afterwars I encode... it works perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now I found the Problem, its my DVD player which cant handle 24fps VBR, it works with CBR but not VBR. Anyway, Im changing the Video and Audio Framerate to 25, afterwars I encode... it works perfect.
    its good that you figured it out :P
    Quote Quote  
  8. Tenders - Your guide seems really easy to follow so i decide to try it to see how the quality of a divx/xvid avi file will turn out once re-encoded to svcd. Everything went well except when it was "almost" at the end of encoding. Well 1 second before my encoding finished an error popped up in tmpgenc saying "reading stream error" I though it might of been the avi file i was encoding so i tried a diiferent avi and it brought up the same error mesasge. So I carefully re-read your guide followed steps really closely and still that error message. Can you or whomever reads this help me?? Thanks in advance!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wholagan
    Tenders - Your guide seems really easy to follow so i decide to try it to see how the quality of a divx/xvid avi file will turn out once re-encoded to svcd. Everything went well except when it was "almost" at the end of encoding. Well 1 second before my encoding finished an error popped up in tmpgenc saying "reading stream error" I though it might of been the avi file i was encoding so i tried a diiferent avi and it brought up the same error mesasge. So I carefully re-read your guide followed steps really closely and still that error message. Can you or whomever reads this help me?? Thanks in advance!!!
    sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. there must have been some kind of bug with the forum,because i check it several times a day and never saw it!

ok..from time to time i get this problem also..don't know why..but when i get the error message at 99%, i just close the program and check if the file has been encoded or not. use media player(or whatever). if you have the start of the movie,the end,and audio in sync,then you've got it made!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Tenders - Ok I went ahead and encoded my avi file again, and again the error came up. I closed TMPGenc and my file was there, fully encoded. I went ahead and viewed the newly produced mpeg2 file with PowerDVD. Everything was ok. So I went ahead and made my SVCD using vcdeasy and burning it with CDRWin. Now I have an SVCD but the audio isn't sync anymore. What did I do wrong??? Oh by the way the quality was really good. Better than when I used to encode with DVD2SVCD. Job well done!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wholagan
    Everything was ok. So I went ahead and made my SVCD using vcdeasy and burning it with CDRWin. Now I have an SVCD but the audio isn't sync anymore. What did I do wrong??? Oh by the way the quality was really good. Better than when I used to encode with DVD2SVCD. Job well done!!!
    thanks. you might want to try another burning program like nero/vcdeasy. this might be why its not in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have problems with getting the right frame size on my dvd-player...

What do I do??
    Quote Quote  
  13. ive got a similar guide that i have found to be very reliable, anywhere where i can post it as its a word doc i made with pics etc

i get superb results and the final mpeg quality is near dvd (depending on quality of avi)

its very detailed and easy to follow and a few people i have sent it to have said give good results

the final mpegs are around 800 meg and will burn on a cd if burning say eg nero in svcd or vcd mode
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'd like to have a look at it.

Where do I find it?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I can't open my xvid file in virtualdub....
    Quote Quote