VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. I got the movie from winmx, and the avi plays fine (except for how slow it is, but that's because of my computer).

I dont know how to check to codec, but the only codec I have is the nimo codec pack.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    go to the tools section of this site and d/l virtual dub. install it. then click file>open video file. then file>file information.
    then tell me what it says for "frame size" and " compresson".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Avi file:
    Frame size - 512 x 280
    Compression - Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec

Mpg file:
    Error - MPEG Import Filter: pack synchonization error
    Quote Quote  
  4. ou must edit your guide for one error

NTSC is NOT 29.976, NTSC film is 23.976

It is 29.970
    or, 29.9706 most technically.

Remmeber, they are not both .976

I see alot of peole throwing around these numbers, but they numbers must be right to help out the n00bs!

Thanks for the guide! The tip about scanning for errors I did not know about before!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is the choice of constant quality in TMPGEnc a better option to resolve "stuttering" playback image problems than for example the constant bitrate choice for encoding from a divx?
    If not do u have another idea what could solve this problem?
    Cheers gbok
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    usually the "stuttering" or "jerky play" is due to an incorrect framerate. i have found out that improper settings in Nero can also cause this while burning. i find consant quality better because it does a better job at getting rid of pixillation,also i think its easier to make with the same if not better results.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanx for the quick reply Tenders
    Here is a bit more info:
    I used the wizard facilities (bitrate)in TMPGEnc to stretch the halved film to the maximum size and also get it onto a 700mb cdr.
    This was after i made a wave of the sound file in virtual dub cos of sync problems when trying it straight into TMPGEnc. TMPGEnc encoded the split files great. No sync probs, just a bit jerky. Burned it with VCD easy.
    The origional divx film played smoothly. The framerate was 23,976 (FPS) at 640x 352.
    I,ll go over your tutorial again and see if i missed anything.
    Cheers gbok.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if this is what you want to do: then great,but this has nothing to do with my guide??
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sorry guys, guess i'm doing something wrong, but even with the quality setting at 50 I can't fit my movie on 2x 700 mb cdr and it is shorter than 2 hours
    Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks
    Rizwind
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    was your movie divx?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes Divx mpeg4 v3
    Quote Quote  
  12. hi! looks like a nice guide! but a question. i got some very new moviez like 007 aith xvid codec and i guess ac3 sound. will that work with this guide? bc on other programs i get always fails bc the audio...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PimP
    hi! looks like a nice guide! but a question. i got some very new moviez like 007 aith xvid codec and i guess ac3 sound. will that work with this guide? bc on other programs i get always fails bc the audio...
    Hey Pimp,I have Die another day too but the picture is kind of fucked up.In the begging I see green and then when the movie start,I see many ugly shit.
    What about yours?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Nice guide, I didnt spot that CBRs extra control...

I typicaly use the same method as your guide anyhow, works fine on most modern DVD players

My Die another day 007 isnt green at the beginning...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RP25
    Nice guide, I didnt spot that CBRs extra control...

I typicaly use the same method as your guide anyhow, works fine on most modern DVD players

My Die another day 007 isnt green at the beginning...
    Hi
    which "Die another day" do you have?
    Is it in two parts and the first one is 699MB?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PimP
    hi! looks like a nice guide! but a question. i got some very new moviez like 007 aith xvid codec and i guess ac3 sound. will that work with this guide? bc on other programs i get always fails bc the audio...
    i have done some with ac3.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RP25
    Nice guide, I didnt spot that CBRs extra control
    thanks,

but what do you mean"CBR's extra control"??
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [/b]I have used your guide and it works great. But I don't get any errors when I scan my files and when I burn them they play kind of dark, so I tried to lighten one up and then burned it and the sound got messed up. I followed your guide, word for word, even without any errors. I still put the audio / video on direct stream and saved the avi as new file. Am I doing someing wrong ? Oh, my movies don't ever say "29.971 fps", they might say 20.000 or 12.500 something like that. I don't have any samed on my computer to check the file again, but I can get them again, if you need me too. Is that my problem?? And how to I fix it? Oh and I've been getting my movies from Kazaa.
    Please help if you can..
    Weasel46
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Weasel46
    [/b]I have used your guide and it works great. But I don't get any errors when I scan my files and when I burn them they play kind of dark, so I tried to lighten one up and then burned it and the sound got messed up. I followed your guide, word for word, even without any errors. I still put the audio / video on direct stream and saved the avi as new file. Am I doing someing wrong ? Oh, my movies don't ever say "29.971 fps", they might say 20.000 or 12.500 something like that. I don't have any samed on my computer to check the file again, but I can get them again, if you need me too. Is that my problem?? And how to I fix it? Oh and I've been getting my movies from Kazaa.
    Please help if you can..
    I've D/L many movies from KAZAA and had 75% success rate. If the rate is ANY other then the starndards ( 23.976fps: NTSC Film 25.00 fps: PAL
    29.97 fps: NTSC ) then your asking for TROUBLE....
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mrj03

I've D/L many movies from KAZAA and had 75% success rate. If the rate is ANY other then the starndards ( 23.976fps: NTSC Film 25.00 fps: PAL
    29.97 fps: NTSC ) then your asking for TROUBLE....
    couldn't have said it better myself
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where do I find movies with the right "fps?"
    Weasel46
    Quote Quote  
  22. Two questions:
    In TMPGEnc, is "NTSC Film"(23.976fps)=VCD and "NTSC"(29.97fps)=SVCD ? If not, what are the differences.

Tender advises to split the output MPEG-2 file with bbmpeg(avi2mpeg2) for burning into 2 CDs. There is another article on this site showing how to split the initial AVI in two with VirtualDub. I prefer the latter, it is fast. Is it ok to do it this way, will I have trouble using the guide ?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by karuzo
    Two questions:
    In TMPGEnc, is "NTSC Film"(23.976fps)=VCD and "NTSC"(29.97fps)=SVCD ? If not, what are the differences.

Tender advises to split the output MPEG-2 file with bbmpeg(avi2mpeg2) for burning into 2 CDs. There is another article on this site showing how to split the initial AVI in two with VirtualDub. I prefer the latter, it is fast. Is it ok to do it this way, will I have trouble using the guide ?
    ntsc film and ntsc are for vcd and svcd. you choose the correct template according to the framerate. i prefer to cut after the encoding is done. i have(in the past) split it with vdub before encoding,but ended up with alot of audio sync problems.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Thanks for the guide Tenders, got it working now .....

Just 1 problem, at quality 65 it turns out a bit jerky in my dvd player

Is this usual at this quality or am i still doing something wrong?

Anyway thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rizwind
    Thanks for the guide Tenders, got it working now .....

Just 1 problem, at quality 65 it turns out a bit jerky in my dvd player

Is this usual at this quality or am i still doing something wrong?

Anyway thanks again
    once in a while i get one like that. not really sure why,but it is very minimal. if yours is more "jerky" then maybe its the burning speed,or settings.
    Quote Quote  
  26. It looks very nice, I just found the Guide and really didnt like this fitCD/CCE/HeadAC3he/bbMPG/VirtualDub combo.... great quality but takes too much time to set up.
    So I`ll try this one

Anyways, I guess it would b very nice if there is some recipe or a table, which contains how many minutes we can encode on 2CDs and at which quality.

For Example, Im just encoding a 105mins movie @80 Quality! The Goal file size should be about 1.5-1.58GB.

I hope u know what I mean and sorry ma bad english.

good Job btw.
    Quote Quote  
  27. On the FPS question, VCD natively supports 24 FPS and 29, SVCD supports 29 only. If you are not adding a pulldown flag when making a 24 FPS SVCD then playback will be very jerky.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I encoded a movie and got a 1500MB File. I tried then to split it with tmpgenc and mpegtool, but both dont work. They both just work for the first part, from the part which includes the beginning. It does no work for any other part..... I read you are splitting with bbmpeg (avi2mpeg2) I tried it but I dont know how, do I have to encode again? Because when I start it, it takes about 2-3 Hours on my athlon TB 1.4GHz.

A short guide how to split it would be helpful, thxs in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bsash
    I encoded a movie and got a 1500MB File. I tried then to split it with tmpgenc and mpegtool, but both dont work. They both just work for the first part, from the part which includes the beginning. It does no work for any other part..... I read you are splitting with bbmpeg (avi2mpeg2) I tried it but I dont know how, do I have to encode again? Because when I start it, it takes about 2-3 Hours on my athlon TB 1.4GHz.

A short guide how to split it would be helpful, thxs in advance.

relax... its ok....follow this: http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119181
    Quote Quote  
  30. thanks, that works fine so far. But Ive got another question, when I do the encoding ur way and burn a svcd. My DVD player, plays it without problems but the picture sometimes seems to tremble, like on a 12fps movie. This happens every 30secs and lasts about 2-3secs, the movie is simply not fluent....
    I tried 2 movies and got on both the same result. Both movies are NTSCFilm (23.937fps), could this be a reason? If yes, how can I prevent this? Because, most of the divx movies are in that format. Is there an easy way to change the frame rate before encoding?

thanks
    Quote Quote