VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When is a guide going to be published on how to do stuff with FFmpegX?
    "Good Luck 007"
    In Memory of Desmond Llewelyn
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by qshartle
    When is a guide going to be published on how to do stuff with FFmpegX?
    I hope to find time soon to write one. I understand it is really a need.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Major, if you have the time and would like to, please join squeeds.com. There have been a few questions asked about ffMpeg there and it just isn't the same without you !

-Squeed
    VCD & SVCD For MAC
    http://www.squeeds.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey Major, thanks for the ffmpegX, I have 4 DVD movies converted to SVCD with the OSex and ffmpeg 0.0.4d (yes, only two softwares). there is no sync problems... so far, quality are all good (better than VCD, close to DVD).
    But I have a problem (sync issue) I found today, I have a VOB from OSex, then encode it with preset SVCD as normal as I did (no post processing features), I found that the audio and video doesn't match, do you have any suggestions for me?
    This problem only happen with the movie in wide-screen format.

:P
    Macgirl
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    welcome to the issue that has alot of people stumped.. unfortunately your issue can't be solved with just a few changes in ffmpegx, u have hit a movie with 1 of 2 problems.. maybe even both.. 3:2 pulldown and variable framerates, ffmpegx is not capable of re-encoding a movie with variable framerates while converting to one constant rate and keeping the same length of the original video.. therefore u must do one of two things. re-encode the video from mpeg-2->mpeg-2 using taz's method (which has some flaws like any other method), or mpeg-2->dv->mpeg-2 (requires anywhere from 10-50 gigs... obviously that is a flaw) or squeeds method (which i have yet to try, no offense squeed but the process is hard enough without having to guess)... ill dig up a link for each method later.. or maybe someone else will be less lazy and do it for me
    Quote Quote  
  6. Here's a guide I thought of (haven't tried it out; waiting for my G4 upgrade). Might work, might not.

You'll need: ffmpegX/MMT, QT MPEG-2 Component (if making an SVCD), Developer Tools, OSeX, Mac3dec, QT Mutator

1. Encode your movie (video only) to VCD/SVCD in ffmpegX or MMT.

2. Rip AC3 audio from source with OSeX. Convert to AIFF with Mac3dec.

3. Open video and audio files in Quicktime. Copy audio and add it to the video file. Select "Save As" from the file menu and save normally w/dependencies. Now you have a .mov.

4. Open up the .mov in QT mutator and sync the audio.

5. Using mp2enc in MMT, select your .mov to export audio to .mp2.

6. Mux .m1v/.m2v and .mp2 in MMT or ffmpegX.

7. In MMT, Generate the xml and build the disc.

8. Burn in Toast.

Like I said, I haven't tried this so don't jump all over me if it doesn't work worth crap.
    Quote Quote  
  7. BTW, Macgirl, what are the DVDs that you have converted that have no sync problems?
    Quote Quote