VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I reinstalled the latest version and reinstalled the plug-in as well, and now the Microsoft decoder shows up, but the cyberlink still doesn't. I am going to just go ahead without it, and hope everything works out.
    Ummm... hi.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still using TMPGEnc Beta 12a, and I also didn't have the plug-ins for the Microsoft or Cyberlink decoders. I still changed the plug-ins I do have to match the ones in this guide, and went ahead and encoded my video... and it worked! So, I guess you don't really need those plug-ins to encode XviD files.

Before I go though, in response to Cobra, those changes do end up in TMPGEnc using more of your resources, so if you have a slower PC (like myself; 500mhz), you'll probably end up having to run TMPGEnc by itself.

Try setting it up b4 you go to bed, that's what I do... Good luck to everyone!

Peace! Swaze Copernicus
    Quote Quote  
  3. worked perfectly for me, thank you very much 0 Kewl
    btw, i didn't have the Cyberlink MPEG-2 plug-in, cos i haven't installed PowerDVD yet ( just back from a format c: ... lol ), but it worked anyways
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello

don't wan't to spam, just wan't to thank you for the great job you did.
    been trying over and over again to get that damn moving running, and finaly with your tips and tricks it worked

greets Max
    Quote Quote  
  5. How do I go about obtaining the TMPGEnc program?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks 0 KEWL,
    You're guide helped a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  7. mayda mayda

my luck didn't last long, sat down to watch the encoded divx (insomnia), as vcd. and the picture stutterd, all 5sec.

used the settings as descirbed in your manual, got the newest ace mega codecs on (inculdes xvid).

anybody got the same problems?

max
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did the playback stutter on your PC or DVD player? If PC then just burn it to CDRW and try on DVD player - it should be fine. If on DVD player then make sure you didn't try converting your framerate by loading a template for different standard (PAL or NTSC). Both issues were mentioned in the guide.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have been having problems encoding with TMPGE (latest version)
    ever since I tried loading XVID .avi file. I tried following this
    guide but now I can't even get started because I get ths following
    KERNEL32.DLL with 0078FF14". The computer even crashes sometimes
    as well when trying to get into TMPGE. Ok, from reading through the forums I see that maybe I should uninstall TMPGE..would that help?
    If so, how DO you uninstall it as there is no uninstall option?
    Any other suggestions...I am getting very frustrated
    Quote Quote  
  10. Which version of TMPGEnc are you using?
    Did you have all the plug-ins mentioned in the guide?
    Have you downloaded the latest XviD codec (not Nimo Codec Pack)?

Uninstallation can help sometimes - to uninstall TMPGEnc just delete the directory-folder you extracted your TMPGEnc files to.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  11. hey 0kewl...thanks to your guide I got rid of
    the error message in TMPGE. But now my problem
    is, as always, I need to extract audio since I convert
    NTSC to PAL changing frame rate (then stretch/shrink audio
    with CoolEdit). I am having a tough time with Insomnia!
    Wait...I just saw your reply...I have Nimo50build8.exe.
    Maybe I just don't have the right codecs.
    Where can I get more updated ones?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Get latest XviD codec here:

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html

What does VD say when you try to extract audio?
    Is it AC3 sound (unknown tag 2000)?

If so, extract your audio using this guide.
    Quote Quote  
  13. you're right..it is an AC3.
    Ok, maybe I'll be ok now.
    I'll let you know.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  14. This is the error I get when I convert ac3 to .wav using
    HeadAC3he v0.23a:
    Bad Syncword at frame 146! The AC3 stream is
    probably corrupt.
    Now what?
    Thanks again...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Use ac3tool or Azid (look under Audio Tools) to convert AC3 to WAV.
    Quote Quote  
  16. ok! read your advice on encoding Xvid avi's mpg1 or mpg2! I have done this using frameserving and also converting the frame rate first using virtuadub! is there any advtages or disadvatages using virtuadub as a frame server or just changing the frame rate with virtuadub and making a direct stream copy!
    question 2! what does changing the priority setting in tmpgenc make?
    the reason I ask! I have encoded a couple of xvids, some are pretty good, but others are not so good! macroblocks during dark scenes!
    Quote Quote  
  17. bri2366,

My guide is describing easier and faster way to encode XviD AVIs with TMPGEnc as opposed to using Virtual Dub as frameserver. Frameserving, however, is more reliable and it never hurts to learn something new.

Using these settings only tunes TMPGEnc to accept XviD AVIs, it does not affect the encoding quality or speed. Those macroblocks, most likely, are caused by insufficient bitrate and aren't a specific XviD problem. It can be corrected the same way you correct it when dealing with DivX AVIs.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hey 0kewl, I followed your guide
    for an XVID .avi movie to mpeg and it worked
    great for the first half of the movie.
    Now I tried the second half and for some reason
    it gets up to 20 minutes then TMPGE crashes.
    The audio is unknown, which probably is ac3 as
    first half, so I converted.
    At any rate, the only difference I can see is the
    in the kb/sec, which in the first .avi was 191 kb/sec if I well recall.
    Here is info on second XVID:
    640 x 272, 24 bit, 80137 frames, 23.976 frames/sec
    213 KB/sec, XVID
    I forgot, I also increased volume during encoding as
    the first half of movie was low. I went under
    setting--> audio---> use audio edit--->setting--->change
    volume to 150%….could this be the problem?
    Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  19. hi im using latest tmpg (2.59.47.155 to be exact) and i still cant get this xvid to work.. i dont have all the plug ins.. i have

AVI2
    BMP
    Microsoft MPeg-1 decoder
    wave file reader
    tmpgenc project file reader
    directshow multimedia file reader
    avi vfw compatibility reader

i do have all the plug ins installed and i changed the priorities... im trying to encode the signs xvid ... after i get the priorities straight the screen is still green and when i encode the end result is a green mpeg2

can i get some help plz?
    Quote Quote  
  20. i meant i have all the codecs installed (nimo pack , xvid, all the divx codecs)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Im trying to encode the 24 eps to vcd. I have 8 of them in divx and the rest in xvid. They both have ac3 audio. Ive tried using 0 kewl's method. It says File "C:\24.S01E24.11.00-PM.12.00.AM.avi" can not open, or unsupported. Ive changed the plugin properties to 0 kewl's settings. I keep getting that error. What am i missing here?

ps. I remember there used to be a way to do ac3 without splitting the audio in Vdub. It got the audio from the .avi. if anyone knows how to do that please respond.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by macyman
    I tried the second half and for some reason
    it gets up to 20 minutes then TMPGE crashes.
    The audio is unknown, which probably is ac3 as
    first half, so I converted.
    At any rate, the only difference I can see is the
    in the kb/sec, which in the first .avi was 191 kb/sec if I well recall. I went under
    setting--> audio---> use audio edit--->setting--->change
    volume to 150%….could this be the problem?
    Thanks again!
    No, most likely it isn't AC3 this time (unless you used AC3 extraction and conversion guide) as you wouldn't be able to encode the 1st part if it was. I would think it was a bad frame - scan your 2nd half for bad frames and fix them. The volume tweaking could only be a problem if you applied it to the second half only.

kruker123,

Which Mpeg2 plug-in/playback software you use to encode to/play Mpeg2?

khryptonite,

Use this guide first to deal with AC3, then use my guide.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Sorry O kewl but your setting didn't work for me. Start encoding but picture goes all disorted with all colours and big pixels.Any suggestions[/b]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi guys,

I have a question on this topic. I'm trying to convert an Xvid avi to mpg1 format and have followed the instructions above. My problem is that when i'm in Tmpgenc (using version 1.28) i cant get the VFAPI plugins to change their priority. Im right clicking and choosing higher or lower priority but nothing seems to be happening.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a noob at this and now i'm really starting to feel like it as well. All I want to do is get 8 legged freaks sorted for my mom. :D

Thanks

**** oops, ive just worked out what im doing wrong. That took me all of like 5 mins to sort out. Damn, i really am a noob ***
    Quote Quote  
  25. i get a too bright vcd with your settings when i play it on my vcd buton pc it looks fine.
    can i change some settings in order to get a less brighter movie, will it work?
    Quote Quote  
  26. bangala,

See my reply here.

deusex,

It sounds like bad/frozen frames or low bitrate: try fixing/defreezing frames (or get a better copy) or make sure your original is of good quality (high bitrate). Make sure you have the latest XviD codec installed.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  27. 8) Thank's O KEWL for your feedback i will try that and let you know how i get on.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I've read the entire thread and tried the solutions that have been suggested to others with similar problems. I downloaded the 24 eps which are in "xvid-fov" format. I tried the xvid->vcd easy way and used the suggested values, and TMPGEnc (v. Plus 2.5) freezes right away. So then I tried to use VirtualDub (v. 1.4.10) and it won't open the .avis, saying it "can't determine the file type." Please give me a suggestion for what to try next. Are these just bad files? Does someone want me to send you one so you can see what's up with it?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote