VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in vcdeasy, settings my cd-rom shows up, but my cd-rw does not. it's an external plextor cd-rw 40/12/40. anyone have any idea what to do to make it show up in the drop-down box list of writers???

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try going to "Settings" "VCDEasy" and check the box marked "Enable CDRAO Integration". This should allow you to select your writer under "Settings" "CDRAO".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks - didn't work though. I tried doing what you said, but in the drop-down box, my burner still doesn't appear. It lists my cd-rom, and an old cd-rw that i have installed that doesnt burn anymore. I wonder since it's external and connected to my usb 2.0 port if that has anything to do with it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    One topic is enough.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I seem to remember reading something a while back about USB burners not being usable by CDRDAO. The workaround I'd try is use VCDEasy to make your bin/cue files, then use Daemon Tools (click the "tools link" on the left side of this page) to mount the bin/cue files as a virtual CD-ROM drive and then use the "Copy CD" function of your normal CD-burning program.

CogoSWSDS
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried to respond to some one else with an external CD-RW problem, but did not see the message post.

Anyhow, try using Nero's wnaspi32.dll
    grab it from http://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll
    copy it over to your CdrDAO subdirectory of your VCDEasy install.

VCDEasy will use that dll over other aspi's that are installed on your machine.

This worked for my firewire drive when I had the same problem with other aspi installs not seeing my external drive.

LAW
    Quote Quote