VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to add a denoise filter to my SVCD process in ffmpegX but when I encode I get the following line in my terminal window:

Code:
    Sorry, no SIMD optimisations available.
    The process continues and finishes ok but how do I get this filter and others to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also is there any forum or web page that fully describes the operation of ffmpegX. I'm using it blind with the presets (which is great) but I'd like to experiment without burning a thousand CD's so if users have already found what the optimum setting are for a SVCD I'd like to know. Maybe we could set up a ffmpegX user site... I'd host it using movabletype.. Anyone interested.

Cheers

apt
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi, I'll really (really!) write a doc about ffmpegX. I'm just trying to make it stable enough (and I'm almost there..) to avoid to rewrite it every week.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the swift response Major.... Any help regarding my filter problem?

Cheers

apt
    Quote Quote  
  4. Please email me your full terminal output.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    apt,

Hang in there, the user community that you are asking about is under way. I am about 1 month away from the release of a new MAC only VCD, SVCD and XVCD community.

There will be tools, discussions and answers for what we have been trying to do.

-S
    Quote Quote  
  6. This is the output I get:

Code:
    INFO: [yuvdenoise]  ======================================================== 
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]          Y4M2 Motion-Compensating-YCrCb-Denoiser          
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  ======================================================== 
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Version: MjpegTools 1.7.0
       INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler (version 1.7.0) is a general scaling utility for yuv frames
       INFO: [yuvscaler] (C) 2001-2002 Xavier Biquard <xbiquard@free.fr>
       INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler -h for help, or man yuvscaler
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (regR/carP/x!bt)
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Denoiser - Settings:
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  --------------------
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Mode             : Progressive frames
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Deinterlacer     : Off
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Postprocessing   : On
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Frame border     : x:  0 y:  0 w:480 h:576
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Search radius    :   8
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Filter delay     :   3
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Filter threshold :   5
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Pass 2 threshold :   4
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Y - contrast     : 100 %
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Cr/Cb - contrast : 100 %
       INFO: [yuvdenoise]  Sharpen          : 125 %
       INFO: [yuvdenoise] Sorry, no SIMD optimisations available.
    ++ WARN: [mpeg2enc] Generating dummy SVCD scan-data offsets to be filled in by "vcdimager"
    ++ WARN: [mpeg2enc] If you're not using vcdimager you may wish to turn this off using -d
    The process does finish fine and the outputed mpeg is fine apart from the filter not being applied.

Hope this help.

apt
    Quote Quote  
  7. The SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data) message doesn't mean that the filter is not being applied, but just that it is not accelerated. If you're sure the filter is not being applied, then we should be able to reproduce your observations in order to help, in that case please tell more about your findings.
    Quote Quote  

8. Ahh Sorry for the trouble... I didnt think that the filter had been applied because:

a) That message.

and

b) There was no obvious difference after having the filter applied.

Thanks again and if you need any help with the Mac VCD community give me a shout, I've a lot of time on my hands at the moment. I'm a graphic designer and can do php, cgi, web stuff.

apt
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by apt
    b) There was no obvious difference after having the filter applied.
    The differences are not obvious, but they're pretty noticeable if you compare two frames side to side, one with filter, the other without. Also you should consider that if your source is a VOB it has no noise, so it's not necessary to denoise it.
    Quote Quote