VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bronx
    I apoligize if I am posting in the wrong place.

I submitted a dvd player. How long will it take to be added
    to the DVD Players List? I have some comments to add to it.

Thanks.
    1-30 days. I have added all new submitted players now. If you can't find it resubmit it and be sure to add a valid link with information about the player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I resubmitted my dvd player with a working link.

(Durabrand DUR-1700 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2598462&cat=62056&type=19&dept=3...A62055%3A62056 )
    When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Should add a field for DVD-VR support in DVD players. New Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony players support it, not sure who else.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I know karaoke isn't really a popular feature here but having the following formats would be nice for those of us who are into it and DVD players with many features:

CD+G
    SCDG
    MIDI
    MP3+G
    DivX Karaoke (DivX CDG)

I know its a niche and asking alot, just posting.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just arrived at this site and with all the information about players I was very disappointed that whether a unit has built-in 5.1 decoding (with 6 analog outputs on the back) is not one of the features listed as this is a basic requirement for me. So I hope it will be added. In the meantime I have to look elsewhere for reviews and product description. The ideal would be a list of every connector on the back.

I'd also like to be very clear when talking about PAL/NTSC whether a player can play and output each format without conversion, like PAL in PAL as I'm interested in being able to see the extra resolution of PAL (my projector can handle it).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Nero Digital support is a nice feature. There are also few players at the moment that support it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Another suggested field: MPEGs can be extracted from Dish (and I understand DirectTV) PVRs, but they are usually not standard DVD format. The resolution is usually lower, like 640x480 or 544x480, and the GOPs are usually longer. However, if you wrap these videos in a DVD wrapper (DVD-Lab allows this), most of the DVD players I've tried play them fine! (And I assume some would play them even without the wrapper.) It'd be nice to track which ones do and don't.

Xesdeeni
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Noticed that DivX selectable subtitles was on your todo-list. How about expanding this very important aspect a bit? Like:

Subtitle formats:
    [v] Subrip (.SRT)
    [v] Subrip - HTML-formated (.SRT)
    [v] MicroDVD (.SUB)
    [v] MicroDVD - MicroDVD-formated (.SUB)
    [v] MicroDVD - HTML-formated (.SUB)
    [v] SAMI (.SMI)
    [v] VobSubs/DVD subs (.IDX, .SUB)
    [v] Compressed VobSubs/DVD subs (.IDX, .RAR)

Subtitle handling:
    [v] Special/localized characters (å, ä, ö, ß, á, à, æ, ó î, í, ñ, ¿ etc) in text-based subs
    [v] Multiple selectable subs (movie.avi + movie.English.srt + movie.Swedish.srt)
    [v] Horizontal centering
    [v] Vertical adjustment

Remember that most countries where English isn't the first language either dub their features or use subtitles (an estimate of over 90% of the world in total). Lack of good subtitle support is what has stopped me and many of my friends from buying a hardware player so far.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    masken: I would recommend http://www.divxtest.com/article.php3?id_article=124 , I just want the main features and not all kind of special features.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well subtitle support in the form of Subrip, MicroDVD & and VobSubs support ARE very important factors when choosing a player if you ask me (and many that I know with me)!

I most definetly think some basic checks if subs are supported or not should definetly be there. Heck one of the main reasons as to why firmwares are being hacked today is to add support for different character sets in subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by evenswr
    How about random/shuffle mode (across multiple folders) for playing mp3s?
    This is an old request, but still a rare feature that would like to see listed.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Can you add PAL support to the selectable feature list. Thank you, Videohelp is the best resource on the web for DVD related info.
    Quote Quote  
  13. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Xesdeeni
    Another suggested field: MPEGs can be extracted from Dish (and I understand DirectTV) PVRs, but they are usually not standard DVD format. The resolution is usually lower, like 640x480 or 544x480. It'd be nice to track which ones do and don't.

Xesdeeni
    I think this would be a good feature now. Having Tivo, and transfering the files to PC 480x480, then authoring with menu and things, they only seem to play on some dvdplayers I've tried (1Sony, and not play other players-Toshiba and samsung) With all the PVR tech now, this may be a nice option to help people search for compatible players

Also, what about adding an edit feature on the web page. What if I find out something new about a product that I have already reviewed, and want to add it to the review. Right now that is not possible.
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I don't know where this question should go. I was looking at the dvd player compatibility for Panasonic DVD-RV27 but no one has mentioned if a DVD+R DL will work. I am guessing no one has tried it? Because I was going to get a pack, but to spend that much for it without even knowing if my dvd player would read it, I thought was a little scary. Could someone please help me, or guide me of where to ask this question please, Thanks!

---Also I am sorry about posting 2 of the same questions on 2 diff. threads. I didn't realize that I did that. I am really sorry.
    Quote Quote