VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Lewis
    I've downloaded and launched VCEasy. The main screen says cdrdao 1.1.5 is present but I can't shake "ASPI Valid:NO". Following instructions, I downloaded Adaptec's 4.7 driver for Windows XP, but still no valid ASPI.

Can anyone take pity and give advice? Thanks!

Lewis
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try it anyway. After downloading ASPI and running Force ASPI, I still get ASPI Valid: No. but VCD Easy works fine anyway.

Morloc
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have exactly the same problem as Lewis (same versions and same drivers) and is also desperate for a solution to the problem. The answer from morloc does not make sence to me. Yes, VCDeasy works, but there is no burner found so I can not use VCDeasy to burn what ever files I have prepared using VCDeasy.
    SFX
    Quote Quote  
  4. You will have "ASPI seems valid: YES" only with a full ASPI 4.6 installation (for example done by ForceASPI), because I know that CDRDAO will work fine with 4.6 (this does not mean CDRDAO will see your CD devices...). I also know that some users with 4.7 or 4.71 experienced problems with CDRDAO while it worked fine with 4.6

Take a look at my "How to Burn" guides at www.vcdeasy.org for more information, or alternate burning methods
    delphi.stuff, VCDEasy author
    http://www.vcdeasy.org
    Quote Quote  
  5. Where can you get that version? I can't seem to download it from the original website.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had exactly the same problem on Windows XP. I had installed ASPI 4.71 from Adaptec and no luck. Then, I went to www.goldenhawk.com and installed CDRWIN v3.9B, which also installs a different vendors ASPI implementation. Presto, it worked fixed VCDEASY! If you don't want to install CDRWIN, you can install just their ASPI implementation from the link:
    ftp://ftp.cdarchive.com/pub/goldenhawk/download/aspight.exe

Give it a try!

Enjoy,
    Sherwin
    Quote Quote