VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Warning ! MP20 has Lip sync problem for VCD only, there's no problem for other seeting except VCD. Video first then audio late about 400 ms. Using driver 3.12 and still have this trouble. Strange, why brand name like Pinnacle using the same software and drivers with Snazzi III, and Snazzi III using the newer drivers and software then Pinnacle ? Not recommended for VCD. If anyone from from Pinnacle read this, please help me, because Pinnacle support in my country (Indonesia) doesn't know anything about this and i'm very disappointed
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm also using a pinnacle product PCTV-PCI gen5. I dont use their software, Studio7 or 8 coz it's so simple and there's no much setting to choose from, aside from the AUDIO DELAY problem that you've mentioned, output video is also bad.

There is no much info also in pinnacle's forums, man... here you can get as much info as you want. this site is far better.

Now I'm using another software for capturing and editing. Quality is far better and no lip sync (audio) problem!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm using Studio 8, and after about 45 minutes, I start noticing an out of sync situation on most of my captures. The only way to resolve this is to break it down into 15 minute segments. I've tried using several other software releases, but this is the only one that I can get to work on my system, and produce a final disk. My main goal right now is to find software that doesn't create the out-of-sync condition and can capture up to, and maybe a bit beyond 120 minutes. Pinacle only allows up to 114 minutes. Any suggestions for a newbie?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What capture card r u using? Not sure if this apps will work with you. I'm using Ulead Video Studio6 or PowerDirector for capturing. Works fine for me specially PowerDirector. Never had this problem of audio sync and capture limitation. But of course there is this 4G file size limitation if your using Win98 OS. Alternatively, you can use Win2K or XP.

You can also download from this site Virdual VCR or Virtual Dub. If your card uses WDM driver, VirtualVCR is for you. There's also a lot of solutions recommended on this forum about problem in Vdub just in case you encounter them. You might want to give it a try...

Because of disk space limitation I capture in MPEG2. But for a short video I capture in AVI format. I then encode my caps using TMPGenc into SVCD, CVD or VCD format.

Good if you can stay away from Studio7 or 8 (some said latter has improved a lot) when producing your final video. Usually resulting video is no good. Better to use other encoder like TMPGenc, CinemaCraft Encoder LSX etc. They produce much better result. Good luck!
    Quote Quote