VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am in process of authoring a VCD with menues. I used mpeg tools to generate still mpeg for my menu. The resulting mpg file looks good as the original bmp image itself. However, when I make the final vcd, the menu looks pretty bad - not crisp at all - all fuzzy and not sharp.

It also seems like using "Nearest" algorithm for resizing instead of "Spline" makes it better. But still not good enough. Also, if I use anything but "Spline", I get an issue with my software VCD player where while in the menu screen turns solid green color and doesn't refresh back , until the actual video is played.

Any idea how to make it look good?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most of the MPEG codec on PCs do not decode correctly MPEG Stills. The one provided with PowerDVD 4 seems to be ok.

So, to judge the quality of the MPEG Stills, better use the home DVD player. Now, if you have bad display on the home DVD player, you can try to use the more recent MJPEG Tools (1.6.0rc2) available in the "beta version" page at www.vcdeasy.org
    delphi.stuff, VCDEasy author
    http://www.vcdeasy.org
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you.
    It does look pretty good in power dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by delphi.stuff
    Most of the MPEG codec on PCs do not decode correctly MPEG Stills. The one provided with PowerDVD 4 seems to be ok.
    To add to this: Roxio's vcd_play.exe looks fine with still MPG's as well.
    Quote Quote