VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. see this picture

I use powerdirector2.5 pro to capture TV programe as a svcd standard mpeg-2 file,and when I add the file to vcdeasy ,it shows error .

Can anyone help me?[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  2. VCDEasy gives you this message when
    • 1) it thinks your MPEG file is a video
    • 2) it detects the length as less than 4 seconds
    ...I suspect your MPEG file is not fully compliant with the VideoCD specifications. Lots of MPEG encoder do not produce "good" MPEG file.

When doing capture, I personally recommend to capture with the best quality possible (even if AVI using a "proprietary codec"), then use a "known good" MPEG encoder like TMPGEnc to encode your video.
    delphi.stuff, VCDEasy author
    http://www.vcdeasy.org
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've had a similar problem with my capture system (but doing mpeg1). It captures fine but gets rejected in vcdeasy. So, I go into tmpge and process the file (select video file / adjust settings / press start / takes almost no time at all to process). I assume that tmpge fixes something that's incompatable. Then it's output doesn't get rejected by vcdeasy.
    Quote Quote