VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Is there an authoring program that will add Macrovision to a DVD burned from it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you did, someone wiil still be able to rip it like every other dvd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes and no .. maestro and scenarist will PREPARE a dvd master for use with with Macrovision (if you have the lic for it - which you can only get from macrovision) but the accual key is inserted at the pressing plant ..

you can not burn a dvd-r with macrovision but you could perhaps burn a authoring disk with it (im not sure) - but you would need a 2500$ pioneer authoring dvd burner ...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually.... I htough most DVD players went off a flag in the MPEG stream.

DVD reproduction houses will not copy a macrovision protected disk without licence, but that's another ball of wax.

CSS authoring requires keys, programs to prepare the master and authoring drives and media to produce ( or mass production ).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I thought that Macrovison was turned on in the player by a bit (or flag) set in the mpeg stream. If that's so, why can't you set it with software when you encode or author?

I don't care if it can be cracked or ripped by people like those in this forum, I figure any protection can be cracked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ahh snowmoon you are right once again - was thinking of CSS and the dealing of the keys .....

macrovision is a flag -- 1 of three avaible .. see pic as to use there of and also how you set both CSS and macrovision up ..

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i dont know if you can play a 2054 sector size dvd burned from a dvd-r ....

when ive used it - ive always set it out on DLT ...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can get Sony's DVD and BluRay authoring software called Sony Vegas. I know for a fact that Vegas 9 and 10 can insert CSS and Macrovision flags onto your Master. If you need several of the Same video onto DVD you can just make several Masters. When it comes to digital there is no quality loss during duplication unless it was compressed ie; shrinking 9 GB to 4.7 GB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Holy grave digging batman!
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  10. You can add the flags but they need to be applied at a licensed replication plant. So the answer is no....not directly from an authoring tool onto DVD-R/+R
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Wow!!!
    An 8 year old thread

And sure you can, after all store bought (pressed) dvd's are just burned like +/- R's
    Quote Quote  
  12. And sure you can, after all store bought (pressed) dvd's are just burned like +/- R's
    Ha! Didn't notice how old this thread was. Thats incorrect. Discs pressed at a plant are not burned but phyically pressed like records albums. These are the DVD-VIDEO format. DVD-R/+R are separate formats altogether. Same results though. This is why you cant legally put a DVD-VIDEO logo on a burned disc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videopoo View Post
    And sure you can, after all store bought (pressed) dvd's are just burned like +/- R's
    Ha! Didn't notice how old this thread was. Thats incorrect. Discs pressed at a plant are not burned but phyically pressed like records albums. These are the DVD-VIDEO format. DVD-R/+R are separate formats altogether. Same results though. This is why you cant legally put a DVD-VIDEO logo on a burned disc.
    Dude... seriously.... you really did not think i was serious or really thought that ?
    it's called "sarcasm"

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/262036-Buy-DVD-s-with-silver-recording-side?p=20139...=1#post2013933

Originally Posted by dvdsham View Post
    On all commercial DVD's and CD's, there is a silver dye that gets BURNED, yes by a laser the very same method we burn our purple dye CD's and DVD's.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Originally Posted by videopoo View Post
    Dude... seriously.... you really did not think i was serious or really thought that ?
    it's called "sarcasm"

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/262036-Buy-DVD-s-with-silver-recording-side?p=20139...=1#post2013933

On all commercial DVD's and CD's, there is a silver dye that gets BURNED, yes by a laser the very same method we burn our purple dye CD's and DVD's.
    Yeah, so! haha. shamwow!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM

Medication is the key.....
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Can we get dvdsham banned? Probably not, but I am NOT joking. What a loser. What kind of loser would first of all search for a post on adding Macrovision? Second, what kind of loser would then dig up an 8 year old post to add to it? I know - dvdsham.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As if you people are trying to hurt my feelings, it's not working! I've been banned before but my ISP allows me to change my IP address and always kept coming back...no point in trying to get me baned. I don't want to get baned this time. I've kept my bad language volume down. I'm trying to keep it fun. Whats wrong with applying to an older post?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    an 8 year old thread
    wow!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    As if you people are trying to hurt my feelings, it's not working! I've been banned before but my ISP allows me to change my IP address and always kept coming back...no point in trying to get me baned. I don't want to get baned this time. I've kept my bad language volume down. I'm trying to keep it fun. Whats wrong with applying to an older post?
    Talk about being as sharp as a bag of wet hair.....

DERR!!!

LMFAO!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well... this bring back a sense of nostalgia...

Sure miss the "Star Wars Conversion Hit me with your best shot."
    It was started on 18th July 2002.
    Quote Quote