VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    The XSVCD 720 x 480 NTSC sample provided on this site for download testing works great. How I don't know other than it says it is 3000Kbps and is CBR. It burned onto a CD all by itself, I DO have Nero so it worked very fast. Then, I ran into the TV room and poped it onto the Apex AD-500W and waddia know, it played perfectly.

720 x 480. Wow.

I have been perfecting my methods of making standard compliant 480 x 480 SVCDs. ( So far there are 12 documented and proven methods that I have used that mostly look really better than tape ) They really were all I needed, till I played that new format. Now I see that my system is capable of even more. Since the 720 x 480 mpeg-2 file DID play well, I know that it is possible for me to use that format, if I knew how.

Win 98 SE, Athalon 1050 pumped to 1400, ABIT KT7A-RAID mb with 7200rpm drives, 256 Ram, ATI-AIW 128 Pro 32Mb video, Mad Dog Performer 2 sound card, Premiere 5.1, bbMPEG, TMPGEnc (for 2 more weeks), Nero, AVI_IO, VirtualDub, AGP-4x... oh yes, a CD Burner 8x burn and 32x read.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are going to go that route, you might as well go with 48khz audio and mpeg-2 since those files will be compatible with DVD-R's in the future. All you are doing is keeping them on CD-R's until then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    need a digital 8 to do that
    Quote Quote  
  4. D8 needed for what?

All you did was make a low bitrate DVD, that's all. You can get the same or even better results with that bitrate using 352x480.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    Faceman101,

CVD does look like the same or so nearly so to SVCD that, like, SO WHAT? The idea of being able to burn the CVD files directly onto a DVD-R (whenever...) is very apealing, snowmoon; the SVCD wouldn't be able to be burned without more codeing over.

Yep, 48/16/s wasn't a prob
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does the APEX-1500 play (X)SVCD'S with a 48000 Audio Frequency and a 224 Bitrate OK?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guest
    Mine is the AD-500W Apex.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Puertorican
    download it and test it let me know I have the same player. Note I would do it but iam currently at work. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hey can someone please ask the vcdhelp.com folks to reactivate the download page for the XVCD samples? Or maybe someone wouldn't mind hosting them somewhere else temporarily? I'd like to try out my player but I'd like to try some pre-done XVCD images. Thanks!

-matt
    Quote Quote