VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I can answer questions 3 and 5.
    I use internal routines as opposed to V Strip and have never had any problems at all.
    And also, No you can't use DVD-R's on a DVD+R/+RW burner and vice versa.
    [/img]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi

John sent me the key for spruceup. I got it to work. But now I am having problems importing the ac3 file- I get an error that the audio file is corrupted. Is this an error with Spruceup or with DVD2SSVCD. I have never had an an audio error with DVD2SVCD before.

ffej
    Jeff
    Quote Quote  
  3. Gotta a quick question related to the mpeg file size that prevents me from burning the DVD.
    After following all the DVD-DVD-R instructions I ended up with two files to burn on a DVD-R, however when I import a 3.3GB file, Sonic MyDVD reads that file as 7.6GB file, therefe I'm unable to burn it onto a DVD-R.

Any ideas?

As I mentioned I got 2 clean files (MPV and AC3) that add up to 4200MB.

++++It looks like there is a piece of information inbedded in the ripped file that references it to the original size file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ffej
    Hmmm... I've never had the problem you are describing. I have used Spruceup many times before and not had any proublems. But this is the first time I have used Dvd2svcd. Before this I have used smartripper to demux to a video (*.m2v)an audio file (*.ac3). Than used rempeg2 to shrink the *.m2v file so that it and the *ac3 file would be less than 4.3GB. Than used Spruceup to write a title set. Had great results with this method, althought it requireded a manual calc. to reduce the *.m2v file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Gigo,
    You could try Ifoupdate. I think that does that sort of thing. It's avaiable at Doom9

Jimmy
    Quote Quote  
  6. hi nice post,easy to follow...only prob when i came to this step

5) Go to “Audio” tab and select “Do not convert audio (use source audio)” (This will allow you to retain the AC3 track)

the box is ghosted out and wont allow me to tick it,what am i doing wrong
    please help as im eager to do dvds,also if i rip my vob files with smartripper isnt there a prog that writes them back to a dvdr without any conversion
    Quote Quote  
  7. (Backing Forrest Gump) I'm having a problem with my output mpv file. The movie is in widescreen format so I did the 16:9 with borders added (encoded as 4:3) thing. When the movie was finished encoding the size of the movie (picture) was smaller than the size of the orignal dvd picture. I authored it with DVD Maestro (using 16:9/PS:LB) and ended up with the same picture size. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  8. There are no files in the Audio_TS folder is this the case or have I done something stupidly wrong everything else looks good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AUDIO_TS folder is empty and it should be.
    The folder is suppose to be there.
    It's the standard.
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks tumbar
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks tumbar
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well, I tried what I said in my earlier post, encoding without the sharpen option under frameserving enabled. It now only took my computer about 17 hours instead of 30. The output was nice as well, but when I compared it to another earlier DVD I encoded, I have to say I liked the sharpened one much better.

Although It will take 12 hours more, I can really recommend it. If you have +2.5Ghz you should really enable it since time doesn't matter to that sort of cpu anyway

I also noticed when using this guide strictly on the bitrate part, you'll end up sometimes with a dvd of about 3-3,5gb. So experiment a bit with the avarage bitrate setting as well so you can make optimal use of your 4,37gb disc space
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok, took my first shot at this. So far so good. However after step #1 what I am left with is 3 large files:

Encoded_Video_CCE_NTSC.mpv 3.7 gigs
    Pulldown_Encoded_Video_NTSC.mpv 3.7 gigs
    bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg 4.1 gigs

Did I do something wrong? If not, which file do I rename and can I get rid of the others?

THANKS!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hmm, maybe I was a little to much exagerating in my last post. I just checked the original DVD of Back the Future II, and there is no difference with the backup I made with the sharpen option turned off. They both look really the same despite the lower bitrate.

But I do see a much better picture quality when I check my copy of 'A beautiful Mind' which I encoded with the sharpen option turned on. I encoded a beautiful Mind with an average bitrate of 3.8mbit/s, while I encoded Back to the Future II with an average bitrate of 5,4mbit/s.

I am confused... , does this mean you make DVD backup's actually better than the original if you turn the sharpen option on? Or are my eyes just playing tricks on me and a Beatiful Mind looks better because it's a very recent movie while BTHF II is 13 years old?

Oh and fsa3, you also should have an *.ac3 file..., and there must be some setting wrong cause you don't need the Pulldown_Encoded_Video_NTSC.mpv file.

The bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg you can delete, you don't need it.

So the only thing you need are the *.ac3 file and the Encoded_Video_CCE_NTSC.mpv file
    Quote Quote  
  15. ### Do Not Ask For Warez On This Site ###
    Quote Quote  
  16. Just finished "The Rookie" - Finished product looks incredible - no problems with 2- pass VBR - very impressed - This is by far the best way so far to backup dvds- Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Peach, when I tried to go to the spruce step and use the renamed encode*.mpv I got an invalid framerate. When I renamed the pulldown*.mpv it seemed to work.

Can someone explain what my 3 large files are? and also is there a simple way to avoid producing them if they are not needed...

Encoded_Video_CCE_NTSC.mpv 3.7 gigs
    Pulldown_Encoded_Video_NTSC.mpv 3.7 gigs
    bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg 4.1 gigs

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  18. If I use IfoEdit to change the aspect ration to 16:9 after outputting with SpruceUp (original was 16:9) I burn a coaster. If I burn directly out of SpruceUp I have no problems. Has anyone else encoutered this? Am I doing something stupid? Thx
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Peach
    ..., and there must be some setting wrong cause you don't need the Pulldown_Encoded_Video_NTSC.mpv file.

So the only thing you need are the *.ac3 file and the Encoded_Video_CCE_NTSC.mpv file
    I use the Pulldown.mpv when importing in Spruceup.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thanks to u all for your help, I have finally managed to backup to DVD-9 DVD's successfully!!

One question, in step 13,
    (I look at the same file in the original rip and copy the settings)
    When comparing with the original DVD, should I copy all the settings (specifically one which references GOP, which is ticked on the original, but not on my copy) or just the 16:9 auto letterbox settings?

Many thanx

cp
    Quote Quote  
  21. Great guide mij!

I successfully did "Carlitos Way" which is 4:3 widescreen (2:35:1 I recall) and it looks great..

I'm trying "Scent of a Woman" now... which is 16:9 anamorphic.. Will see how that goes..

One thing in your guide is a few mistakes which I will mention if you want to correct.. No big deal but could confuse some newbies..

In Step 10: it says... "then hit the Go button and select preview - click next a few times and it will give you a preview of what you are encoding..." Click next should actually be New Frame as that's what is says in the preview screen not "Next".

Also... right after that is says. "If all looks ok, hit encode and let it do the rest for you.. " It's actually "rip and convert" from what I recall and not encode...

Anyway no biggies but just thought i would mention it..

Now I have a question about step 10.. The guide says...

"The movie length will load up and also the aspect ratio... Now, even if you do not have a widescreen tv yet, if the DVD is anamorphic (16:9 / Enhanced for 16:9 TVs.. whatever you want to call it) select the option "Anamorphic, no borders added" then hit the Go button and select preview"...

When I did Carlitos way it was only 4:3 and the final DVD looks exactly like the original DVD.. However with Scent of a Woman it's the original is 16:9 anamorphic and that's what is written on the DVD.. The first time I did it I accidentaly had DVD2SVCD set on 4:3 as with Carlito as I thought it was the same.. Turns out it's 16:9.. So what's the difference between using 16:9 with border's encoded as 4;3 and Anamorphic 16:9 no borders? The original DVD has borders on it so don't I want my rip to be the same as the original? This is the only part that confuses me..

Spudz2
    Quote Quote  
  22. I am getting also step 5:
    5) Go to “Audio” tab and select “Do not convert audio (use source audio)”

Ghost out.

and also can you make a guide for music videos unlimited loop.

I have made SVCD of cartoon with unlimited loop for the kids, I would like to do the same with DVD-R too.

I hope VCDEASY make one version for DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  23. hmmm, weird about that pulldown.mpv
    Maybe it's a NTSC thing, I only do PAL DVD's and I never get pulldown files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Maybe it's a NTSC thing"

You are correct Peach, it is the correct frame rate for those of us in NTSC land.

regards
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
  25. hi
    iam a newbie to this forum & the whole business of dvd ripping
    i have followed your system to a tee.but i have a slight problem
    iam using cce 2.50 (registered)with my dvd2svcd,
    no problem.
    rename the files,ok
    now i have the problem
    spruceup 1.0 (is this version ok?)
    when i come to drop the mpv file in i get an error message.
    "media file error" (-1056243711) with c:\my dvd\lotr.mpv)
    i have the file sizes.mpv 8.704kb ac3 561.225kb
    iam trying lord of the rings in
    can anybody please help
    Quote Quote  
  26. I am somewhat new to DVDR, but used DivX for quite a while. I have been using Doom9s DVD-9 to DVD-5 guide and pretty much have got that down, but it requires so much more babysitting than this method. I'm wondering if there is a way to use DVD2SVCD and still keep all of the original dvd menus and extra feautures.
    Thanks
    Caleb
    Quote Quote  
  27. Is there any way to retain the original title screen with chapter select? I am just trying this for the first time today and I was wondering if this is possible.
    TIA
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks much for the guide...followed the instructions, and it worked
    perfectly the first time!!

Question time....is there another DVD creation program that
    will load the AC3 files and the MPV file?

Would be cool to make menus, etc. if u so desire. Or skip the
    Spruceup/IfoEdit steps.

thanks.

WIn
    Quote Quote  
  29. winman I am new to dVD as well although been creating excellent SVCD 4 a while now email me and I will compile a step by step guide on how to create chapters/menu that will work first time on your dvd movie PC or Standalone
    regards
    raylyns@hotmail.com
    Due to have a baby today so might be 3-4 days to create and send but will be worth the wait I promise
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off, good luck with the baby, and congrats..

I've been making dvd's for some time. Started with MYdvd,
    which came with my Pioneer A03 recocrder. But now i've stuck with
    Ulead DVD Workshop, which I love.

However Ulead doesnt accept the separate video/audio elements, so
    i wondered if something other than Spruceup would, because i want
    to do a bunch of 16X9 titles. I figured it would be easier to
    open these elements in a dvd creation package, and make some
    cool menus. (this way i dont need Spruceup, and Ifoedit as well)

Ulead is rumoured to offer an upgrade soon that will take
    separate eleents, but who knows if these will work.

thanks,

Win
    Quote Quote