VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need help with Sefy's templates. Which is the best to use for quality, sevcd or sxvcd and how do I burn it with Nero. As a svcd or a vcd. I tried the sxvcd ntsc and burned as a svcd and it was very blocky.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've had good luck with the SxVCD template, in fact I encode the majority of my movies w/this template (NTSC). I'm curious, what was the source of the movie DivX, asf, etc?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gambit32 on 2001-08-15 10:56:45 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  3. Maybe it's just my source. It is Avi , my son downloaded some movies and sent them to me on cd since we only have 56k available here. It is Planet of the Apes 2001 avi. It looks good when it is light, but very blocky in the darks scenes. which most of this movie is in the dark. I'll try another movie and see if it works any better. How do I burn this , as a vcd or svcd? Thanks for any help. I have tried everything the past 2 days with this movie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's your source that's the problem. I've seen the movie as an avi and a SVCD and it's just like you described, blocky in some darker scenes. There's not a whole lot you can do about it since the source wasn't clean to begin with. When I converted it I had some better results, but there's no way it's going to be 100% clear. It's definitely watchable though. I used Sefy's SxVCD template and used the bitrate calculator from this site to determine my bitrate for 2 80min discs. I also unchecked detect scene change. I checked soften block noise, ghost reduction, and basic color correction. All this was with TMPGenc encoder.
    For the most part, a lot of the avi files on the net aren't going to convert very well. Of course there are exceptions, but you'll get the best quality from DVD rips in my opinion. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, I gave the Panasonic encoder a try and got much better results. It is very watchable now on my DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello,
    Was wondering where you got the panasonic encoder? You said that produced better results than tmpgenc?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm glad to hear some of you like and use my SxVCD Template, I believe the latest one provided on VCD has the Detect Scene Changes removed as I was told it increases quality, so you might want to check, i've also wrote in text file of all the changes I've made, so it's easier to backstep.

hankys, the Panasonic MPEG Encoder is not a freeware product, there is a trial available, if you wish to ask GwenA for a full version, please use email and not this forum, as we do not support such things on the forum.

My Apolgoies.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote